Should PC, PS3 users boycott Dawnguard???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I don't understand why PC users would boycott Dawnguard. They got their DLC.

What is the price though? A lot of glitches and bugs.

So far I've seen about 5 topics on here about something going wrong for the PC. I'm upset at Bethesda, but also sad for them because they were rushing like crazy to make people happy.

But who knows what happened 'off camera'. Do they really care? Maybe. Do they wanna make a profit? Yes. Do they want to make their fans happy? Of course since that is where are their money comes from, is dedicated fans. So who knows what happened.

Exelex

Wow, PS3 and PC have a lot of Skyrim probs. I'm think I'm gonna remain loyal to Microsoft for a long time to come.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Well, they are indeed juggling 3 different platforms, trying to keep everyone happy.

I'M NOT ON THEIR SIDE THOUGH. I'm neutral and just trying to get the facts straight.

They rushed the PC version I think because of topics like this "No release date" "Bethesda lacking" "Bethesda forgetting PS3 and PC users?" "Microsoft in favor"

Or something along those lines (not actually titles) I was thinking of getting the PC version because I love PC games as much as the console games. (I only have 360 and Wii) But I'm patient enough because coding and all that stuff is hard. Especially juggling three platforms at once.

I realise that other companies have done multiple platforms in the past, perhaps more, but maybe something else is going on here.

Just have to be patient. :)

Exelex

Well, they are indeed juggling 3 different platforms, trying to keep everyone happy.

I'M NOT ON THEIR SIDE THOUGH. I'm neutral and just trying to get the facts straight.

They rushed the PC version I think because of topics like this "No release date" "Bethesda lacking" "Bethesda forgetting PS3 and PC users?" "Microsoft in favor"

Or something along those lines (not actually titles) I was thinking of getting the PC version because I love PC games as much as the console games. (I only have 360 and Wii) But I'm patient enough because coding and all that stuff is hard. Especially juggling three platforms at once.

I realise that other companies have done multiple platforms in the past, perhaps more, but maybe something else is going on here.

Just have to be patient. :)
I'm a 360 gamer. They did the 360 version spectacular as usual.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Haha! I said most pc gamers, you know the ones who are too enthralled with mods to give a hoot. sigh secondly, we all know bethesda is a business, and we know that if they wanted they could have had it ready by now. Thirdly why havent we been given a release date, or any kind of news? If those reasons you gave are the case 30days have come and gone. This is what im talking about, these people dont care, and believe boycotting is pointless why would they, do you se how PO'd she just got just from me suggesting it? Your voice, our voice can make Bethesda feel the same way. If its not their fault, so be it let us, the consumer, know something otherwise of course theyll be blamed. Vote with your wallets my friends
You never know, the bugs in the PS3 Dawnguard could be so bad, they NEED to delay the release, or else there will be a thread just like this except "Still no Release Date for Skyrim: Dawnguard for PC, PS3", it will be "Still no letup of buggy stuff in Skyrim: Dawnguard for PC, PS3"

Hunfar

If you don't like how capitalism works you can always move somewhere thats communist. Fact of the matter is, all platforms do this do this. PC users have the most content for this game already with the mod tools and the ability to download other mods. Companies pay to have exclusivity rights, I still haven't gotten to play any Uncharted games, why because sony paid to have them exclusive, at least with Dawnguard it is coming to the other platforms. But hey go ahead and boycott, you not buying the DLC won't harm Bethesda any, after all they got a bunch of cash up front from MS (which probably got invested into more DLC's if not this one).

I thought companies like Sony and MicroSoft owned the rights to those game franchises... Some anyway.

I used to get really pissed at Bethesda. As a loyal fan of their games for as long as I can remember, and lets be honest... There would be NO Elder Scrolls beyond Arena if it weren't for PC gamers. Elder Scrolls started as a PC game, and for me will always remain a PC franchise. I didn't boycott it though. I see boycotting as an adult version of a temper tantrum and don't really care for that kinda stuff. The DLC is fun, and worth the wait just for the crossbows. I just hope they don't pull this crap with all the rest of them.

stagnant94

I used to get really pissed at Bethesda. As a loyal fan of their games for as long as I can remember, and lets be honest... There would be NO Elder Scrolls beyond Arena if it weren't for PC gamers. Elder Scrolls started as a PC game, and for me will always remain a PC franchise. I didn't boycott it though. I see boycotting as an adult version of a temper tantrum and don't really care for that kinda stuff. The DLC is fun, and worth the wait just for the crossbows. I just hope they don't pull this crap with all the rest of them.
im not really boycotting it anymore, its just that its been so long that i already know the entire story and the hype is gone. it just doesn't interest me. i'll probably wait until the price is dropped or something

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Microsoft paid for their users to get it early, the others didn't. Furthermore seeing as how PC users get the creation kit for free and have a wide library of free mods nobody is getting cheated here.

Sent from HTC app Tapatalk

Ebonyflesh

Three Dog
Microsoft paid for their users to get it early, the others didn't. Furthermore seeing as how PC users get the creation kit for free and have a wide library of free mods nobody is getting cheated here.

Some people could argue that PS3 users got cheated (at the start, I thought we did) but it's not Bethesda's fault, and I realize this now. Sony won't dish out money for the first dibs on DLC. Why blame Bethesda when it's the console developers fault?

BUT, the least Bethesda could do is try to give us a time frame on when the DLC might be out.

Technically Microsoft paid for only a portion of their users to get it early. Or have people forgotten that Windows is Microsoft as well?

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Technically Microsoft paid for only a portion of their users to get it early. Or have people forgotten that Windows is Microsoft as well?
PC for some reason covers all computers, not just Windows. The games are basically controlled by Steam.

PC for some reason covers all computers, not just Windows. The games are basically controlled by Steam.
While that is true, PC does mean "Personal Computer", Skyrim is not available for any PC operating system other than Windows. While I have heard that it is possible to play Skyrim on Mac and Linux, they're not officially supported and require tinkering to get it to work. So my statement stands, Microsoft paid for only a portion of their users to get the content early.

stagnant94

no, it is sony's fault for not paying for the dlc to come first, but the DLC was meant to come out for PS3 30 days after it came out for Xbox. it has been ages. the delay from the end of the 30 day period to now is bethesdas fault. the delay from the xbox release date to 30 days after that was sonys fault. and if sony had paid for it to come out on the same day as the xbox then it still would have been delayed, because according to bethesda its been delayed due to the PS3 being harder to program, so unless they are lying it would be delayed anyway. that is why i am putting most of the blame on bethesda.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
no, it is sony's fault for not paying for the dlc to come first, but the DLC was meant to come out for PS3 30 days after it came out for Xbox. it has been ages. the delay from the end of the 30 day period to now is bethesdas fault. the delay from the xbox release date to 30 days after that was sonys fault. and if sony had paid for it to come out on the same day as the xbox then it still would have been delayed, because according to bethesda its been delayed due to the PS3 being harder to program, so unless they are lying it would be delayed anyway. that is why i am putting most of the blame on bethesda.
I am pretty sure they wouldn't lie about it being hard to program if it meant losing out on so many people on PS3 buying their product. It's just really stupid to even think they aren't trying to finish it.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr

stagnant94

I am pretty sure they wouldn't lie about it being hard to program if it meant losing out on so many people on PS3 buying their product. It's just really stupid to even think they aren't trying to finish it.
i never said they were lying, i just said "unless they were lying" i don't think they were lying at all.

and i don't think they aren't trying to finish it, i just don't think they are prioritising it.