Server Move Troubleshooting Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hmm. My 'stay logged in' is still working. On Mac and Windows. Chrome, Firefox and Opera. And Opera Mini on Android. And Tapatalk.

I know that hardly narrows anything down, but I'm trying to figure out myself why people have this issue. I am NOT in the same region as Michael (I'm midwest).

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Have you guys tried clearing the cache on your browser since we moved? I'm still wondering if there's a stale login marker somewhere in the browser profiles that keeps twitching for some reason.

JoeReese

I don't have the problem unless I forget to check the box, so it does work. It's just that the box seems to uncheck itself now, after the login. I use firefox and it's set to delete all history and such whenever I close the browser, so I log back in each time I visit a page, if that helps.

I'll go run the usual cleaners and see if it changes.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Try the actual cache. Ctrl-F5 or Shift-Reload button or some sort of thing. So it bypasses any cache when it loads.

JoeReese

Cache cleared, cookies cleared, c-cleaner run, and disk cleanup utility run, and no change. :sadface:

Well, this is where we separate the Dragonborn from the iguana's third cousin's uncle's ex-roommate's former boyfriend. I'll either learn to remember to check the box, or I don't deserve to play Skyrim. LOL

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The website went offline for me for a very brief time just a moment ago (double digit seconds). Growing pains I guess.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Yesterday I was getting logged out every 2 or 3 pages. Same today, especially when I press a like button or post reply - this is the 3rd time I've tried to send this

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Tonight I'm on XP and Firefox 18.0.2 last night I can't remember which I was on the forum, this laptop or Windows 8 and Firefox 18.0.2 Cleared cookies cache and anything else i can think of.

JoeReese

Ok, I may have at least a partial answer. Last night, Rayven had me clear cache and cookies. I did both, ran the disk cleanup utility, and ran c-cleaner. When I reached the sign-in screen, the box to stay signed in remained unchecked. As of this morning, however, it stays checked. I'm not 100% sure why, whether there was a setting on the server side to keep it checked, or whether clearing cache and cookies is not finalized until after a full power-down-then-start. My machine restarts frequently, but almost never just gets turned off. It did last night, though, so maybe give that a try. Do the cleaning/clearing, and then shut down and manually start. It's worth a shot.

Whatever it is, I'm seeing the box to stay signed in consistently checked today.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I've been getting this error from time to time.

Skyrimforumsdown.png

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing the same thing? I do not believe that it is a network problem because I do not have problems with other websites, just this one.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing the same thing? I do not believe that it is a network problem because I do not have problems with other websites, just this one.
It's not a network problem. It means what it says, i.e. the website is offline and yes, when that happens it means everyone on the client side gets that message.

HarleyQuinn

Administrator

Skyrimforumsdown.png

Has it happened before today? The server is fine, but it's possible there's a network connectivity issue on our end. It's happened briefly a few times today.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I was having trouble a little while ago connecting to the site as well. After I reset my computer it's been working fine. I wouldn't think resetting would make a difference though.