Server Move Troubleshooting Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
i'll double that jers

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Mike and I are in the same area, could it be regional issues? I'm just glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I suppose in theory it could be regional. How's your weather? You guys are south enough not to be blasted by this blizzard, right? Or did they change the forecast?

Still, I've seen sporadic glitches here all night so I'm not sure.

M'aiqaelF

If our internet goes through NYC to the skyrim servers that might be the problem

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I've got the blank shoutbox now too. And the avatars have gone missing again.

I dunno folks. We may just have to wait it out a bit.

M'aiqaelF

sb is working again

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
All search functions have been crippled by the server move. Searches no longer go back further than the date of the server change. Member posting activity searches, rating histories, pretty much anything that requires the software to draw from member activity beyond that date no longer produce any results beyond that date. This effectively makes the site almost useless as a source for researching for information and help because the thousands of pages of information are inaccessible via any form of search.

Houston we have a problem.

Mannulus

Article Writer
Meanwhile at Harley's desk:
5210-facepalm.jpg

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
No, it stopped an hour or so later. Everything's back to normal now. I think it was more related to my own wi-fi as it was happening to all the computers in my house.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yar. I had been working on fixing some caching/CDN issues. Have any issues like this popped up since then?

Not since I originally posted. And not that's been reported to me. I've had two incidents of people getting logged out well before the timeout period, but that seems incredibly isolated.

HarleyQuinn

Administrator
All search functions have been crippled by the server move. Searches no longer go back further than the date of the server change. Member posting activity searches, rating histories, pretty much anything that requires the software to draw from member activity beyond that date no longer produce any results beyond that date. This effectively makes the site almost useless as a source for researching for information and help because the thousands of pages of information are inaccessible via any form of search.

Houston we have a problem.
Search should be fixed now. Would you give that a whirl?

JoeReese

Harley, is it possible to set the "stay logged in" box to remain checked? I have noticed we have to check it
each time we log in now, or it will kick us off within seconds, but it used to just stay checked. Any way to return to that?

Also, still experiencing the cloud thing that says the server is offline sporadically. In the same region as Michael.

Michael, are you on Comcast?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts