Seriously guys, why the disappointment over dragon riding?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CaptMorgan72

Bethesda never once told us we would be able to steer them. How would we steer them anyway? You would have to speak the dragon's language to tell them where to go and the dragonborn can't speak the language, as this has been mentioned many times. It's true that some of the older dragons can speak the language of the mortals but perhaps under the spell to command them, they can't. You see what I did there? You have to role-play away things that don't always make the best of sense.

zane

Eh that's a bad way to defend the dragon riding, especially when you bend them they speak to you in english and dragon tongue lol.

but overall i do agree that people really shouldn't be all that upset.

It's rather simple, they got their hopes up too high, now if you could steer him, people would complain big time about clipping in some mountain areas, flying over and into cities that need to load it's chunks from entering a door, and many more annoyances that would have followed.

if you want to see what some of challenges Bethesda likely faced, go look at the pc mod about riding dragons on youtube. If you say you wouldn't have minded this, we'll never know because it never happened, and I'm sure it's a false statement anyways xD we complain about bugs because they're there.

Cut them some slack for giving you something many wanted =3

(to be clear the "you"s in this post are directed towards any reader who is in fact super disappointed about the riding, not towards the OP)

aussiegirlz

Altho I had issues with riding the dragon for the quest I was half expecting a better ride once I was not in a quest and free to go where I pleased - my assumption was that the dragon for the quest was preprogrammed to go to the tower which was why I couldn't fly it.

Sadly I mounted my Ancient Dragon to fly off to kick some bandit butt only to circle the area helplessly watching my dragon attack deer, bunnies and other fuzzy woodland creatures - while a Frost dragon pelted us from all angles - no matter what I did I couldn't get the darn thing to target the dragon or fly 5 feet to the camp so I landed it and called Durnehviir instead.

Needless to say it's probably not something I'll ever use again.

Bertrum

Stop Hodoring!
I didn't mind the dragon mounts, it can be a bit of a nuisance when you're trying to battle another dragon in the air, but for ground targets it's fine really.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
yea we where told we could ride them myself and others looked at this and says yehhhhhaaaaaa we are gonna fly these beasts but but the word bethsda used was ride not fly i was pissed till i realised this. dragonborns amazing but i think what i was most sad about was not becoming a wearbear