Serana isn't availlible for marriage....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mazekial

Im really upset too, i was looking forward to popping the question then finally realized she wasn't available for marriage. but if you tell her to wait in your home she will stay their and sit in a chair and eat bread all day, also she is a great follower due to her invincibility

Pretty much the same thing every spouse in the game does, except she's invincible =3 Exhibit A for my point on the previous page =P

RugbyEdd

Pretty much the same thing every spouse in the game does, except she's invincible =3 Exhibit A for my point on the previous page =P

you seem to be forgetting the main advantage: a shop that follows you around, no more lugging around spare gems, and dragon bones, and if they had any sense and if they make her a spouse she'll sell blood potions for the player if he/she is a vampire

Mazekial

Except for the fact that there are so many reasons why that would not work for Serana. A vampire lord's daughter, who is also a vampire, opening a store? Not only that, a store only you can go to? Haha good luck. Even if you play the "She'll make it only so that she sells to vampires!" card or the "maybe you can only be married when she's NOT a vampire" card, it doesn't make much logical sense, considering her personality and uneasiness with larger groups of people.

...maybe that's why Bethesda didn't make her a marriage candidate...Derp.

RugbyEdd

Except for the fact that there are so many reasons why that would not work for Serana. A vampire lord's daughter, who is also a vampire, opening a store? Not only that, a store only you can go to? Haha good luck. Even if you play the "She'll make it only so that she sells to vampires!" card or the "maybe you can only be married when she's NOT a vampire" card, it doesn't make much logical sense, considering her personality and uneasiness with larger groups of people.

Yer its a game though isn't it, if where going to be picky then how come when I used Lydia she does nothing but follow me round and yet has new stock every 48 hours. The whole point of a game like this is you can do what you want so why shouldnt people get an invincible, vampire, wife shop? Its not like you have to use her if you dont want.

Mathiark

Hardy Wood Elf

Well once you convince her to get a cure she just becomes a normal human being hanging around the Dawnguard, Why not be available for marriage then? She doesn't have any more ties to being a vampire....

azali100

I think some people are getting a bit too attached. I mean she's a good character and companion, my favorite one actually, but what exactly is the point of fake-marrying her? The only reason to get married in this game is for the money. One of my friends married Uthgard even though she looks like a butt, because its just for the gold.

On an unrelated note though, I knid of wish all the followers had personality like this one, hopefully future ones do. Giving them a long quest and a good story would probably help.

Mazekial

I think some people are getting a bit too attached. I mean she's a good character and companion, my favorite one actually, but what exactly is the point of fake-marrying her? The only reason to get married in this game is for the money. One of my friends married Uthgard even though she looks like a butt, because its just for the gold.

On an unrelated note though, I knid of wish all the followers had personality like this one, hopefully future ones do. Giving them a long quest and a good story would probably help.

This guy. Ultimately the main bulk of my point.

Well once you convince her to get a cure she just becomes a normal human being hanging around the Dawnguard, Why not be available for marriage then? She doesn't have any more ties to being a vampire....

This guy. He needs to read the last part of my previous post *shot*

NewZodiac

It's about roleplaying, more than anything. I want to roleplay my vampire character falling in love and marrying Serana, who is the most interesting follower in the game, and who has the most fleshed out personality.

Personally, I'm sitting at 510k gold, so I have no need for the money. It really is just about roleplaying freedom.

angry_half-ling

Nerevar, God Killer
*SPOILER* maybe, lol. I found this on UESP.net, idk if it's 100% true, but it might help you ;)
After completing the quest Beyond Death from the dawnguard side, the player can ask Serana to marry them and she will ask the player "Is that why your wearing an amulet of Mara?" after that she will say that even walking near a temple scares her, and will refuse to marry the player until they kill her father, and until then when ever asked "Have you ever thought about marriage?" she will respond with "I think we've talked about that enough, Come on now."

Sen5esFail

angry_half-ling ty for clarifying, basically as you said, they let you ask her, but she gives a legit reason why she doesn't want to get married. Roleplayers....THAT'S THE ROLE SERANA PLAYS IN THE GAME! I don't really care too much, it would be nice fur sure, but she still follows you anyway. I'm fine with my character just havin' that solitude broad, jordis the sword maiden. She has same stats as lydia.

SR_Jordis-e1324566796852-150x148.jpgREPRESENT:cool:

NewZodiac

angry_half-ling ty for clarifying, basically as you said, they let you ask her, but she gives a legit reason why she doesn't want to get married. Roleplayers....THAT'S THE ROLE SERANA PLAYS IN THE GAME! I don't really care too much, it would be nice fur sure, but she still follows you anyway. I'm fine with my character just havin' that solitude broad, jordis the sword maiden. She has same stats as lydia.

View attachment 1523REPRESENT:cool:
In any case, do you know if we're able to betray Serana at all during the quest? Are we allowed to kill her?

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
In any case, do you know if we're able to betray Serana at all during the quest? Are we allowed to kill her?

I accidently shot Serena with Auriel's Bow after she stupidly got in the way when I was aiming at her father, she was already on low health and it should have killed her... Thankfully she survived so I don't think you can kill her...

Mazekial

Oh she actually has dialogue saying why she won't marry you when you try to? Oh, then by all means leave it as-is and suck it up XD I thought Bethesda just didn't script anything and left her not a marriage candidate with no reason lol...THAT makes sense. Good thing I didn't sign the petition =3

Templar of Talos

I don't know why everyone is upset with this. Lydia wasn't marriage material on first release, but a patch sorted that out... Why anyone would want to marry Lydia is beyond me, she's a pain in the arse...

Mazekial

I don't know why everyone is upset with this. Lydia wasn't marriage material on first release, but a patch sorted that out... Why anyone would want to marry Lydia is beyond me, she's a pain in the arse...

Indeed. But here's the difference between her and Serana:

Lydia: No dialogue for marriage, which appeared to be a glitch considering guides claimed she WAS an option. Later patch fixed this. She has next-to-no story, personality, or anything beyond being the easiest bit-I mean "housecarl" a player can get via main quest

Serana: Actually HAS dialogue explaining WHY she can't marry you, so it's obviously NOT a glitch. Actually has a deeper story and personality than pretty much every other character in the game.

The only way marriage to Serana would work is if a patch gave you a dialogue option to suggest getting married outside of a hold capital in some isolated house or landmark by someone other than that priest of Mara...Hm...I wonder how a marriage performed by Florentius would go XD Hakron...would probably not be as fun D=

Well, that's highly unlikely and I highly doubt Bethesda will ever make Serana a marriage candidate, so I would just take my advice and suck it up; deal with the fact that not everyone will marry you =3

Templar of Talos

Indeed. But here's the difference between her and Serana:

Lydia: No dialogue for marriage, which appeared to be a glitch considering guides claimed she WAS an option. Later patch fixed this. She has next-to-no story, personality, or anything beyond being the easiest bit-I mean "housecarl" a player can get via main quest

Serana: Actually HAS dialogue explaining WHY she can't marry you, so it's obviously NOT a glitch. Actually has a deeper story and personality than pretty much every other character in the game.

The only way marriage to Serana would work is if a patch gave you a dialogue option to suggest getting married outside of a hold capital in some isolated house or landmark by someone other than that priest of Mara...Hm...I wonder how a marriage performed by Florentius would go XD Hakron...would probably not be as fun D=

Well, that's highly unlikely and I highly doubt Bethesda will ever make Serana a marriage candidate, so I would just take my advice and suck it up; deal with the fact that not everyone will marry you =3

I will agree that out of all the female NPC's in the game:

1. She's the best looking
  2. She's got the sexiest voice (Must find out who the VA is)
  3. She's got more personality and more depth that all of the NPC's in the game put together
  4. And... Despite my hatred of companions, she is the best of the lot, I quite enjoy her tagging along.
Personally, I don't partake in Skyrim's marriage system (and trust me, thats all it is, a SYSTEM), I did once for the achievement, but I'm married in real life. I get enough love from my lady wife, I don't want it from my X-Box. I wouldn't mind if it let to Virtual Offspring, but it doesn't. I understand the frustration though, thinking about it. I like to RP too, but as a RL married man with a job that doesn't involve diving into an ancient tomb and plundering it, slaying Draugr and shouting at Dragons (unless you count my boss as I shout at him all the time) I preferr to RP as a batchelor adventurer :D

Mathiark

Hardy Wood Elf
I didn't realize there was a dialogue for her NOT wanting marriage, thanks for the correction guys!!! Hahahaha loved the arguments.

NewZodiac

I didn't realize there was a dialogue for her NOT wanting marriage, thanks for the correction guys!!! Hahahaha loved the arguments.

What he said was she says "No" until Harkon is killed, but what does she say after you kill him?

The Illusive Man

The Founder of Cerberus
I say the next DLC or Patch should focus more on the roleplay aspect.. mainly marriage.

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
I to was surprised and P'd off you could not marry her, it seemed to be leading that way. I really enjoyed having her around as a follower, and in my opinion she is the best character Elder Scrolls has produced.

I do think Bethesda will patch it though, so I am not marrying anyone just yet, it does seem very deliberate considering the strong character connection.

Sign the petition, it cant hurt

Petition: Bethesda Softworks: Allow Serana to be married! | Change.org

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts