Serana isn't availlible for marriage....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
hey they made a patch for lydia so why not make serana marry-able?
The difference between Lydia and Serana is that Lydia was already meant to be a marriageable character. She was in the PotentialMarriageFaction, and from what I understand the problem was that there was nothing triggering her to respond to the Amulet of Mara (sort of like how Aela's set to respond to it only after you've completed the Companions quests). Lydia only needed one line of code added to make her marriageable, as she already had all the dialogue and everything needed set up. Before the patch, no mods were required, just a simple console command "turning on" her ability to respond to the Amulet.

Serana? They'd have to do more, including paying Laura Bailey to come back and record more dialogue.

jarif

The difference between Lydia and Serana is that Lydia was already meant to be a marriageable character. She was in the PotentialMarriageFaction, and from what I understand the problem was that there was nothing triggering her to respond to the Amulet of Mara (sort of like how Aela's set to respond to it only after you've completed the Companions quests). Lydia only needed one line of code added to make her marriageable, as she already had all the dialogue and everything needed set up. Before the patch, no mods were required, just a simple console command "turning on" her ability to respond to the Amulet.

Serana? They'd have to do more, including paying Laura Bailey to come back and record more dialogue.
Serana has really cool voice and she has unique dialogue

ShadowAssasin

Mjoll is essential and you can marry her so I dont think thats it.
Serana is also immortal dont know if that has anything to do with it but wether you got her cured or not serana is immortal and it probably has issues with the coding because ive heard of some people actual able to marry her

JClarke1953

Selana can, will also be "cured". I've seen that happen once out of 4-char's. when she was cured, her eye's kept the glow, she still had her power's, but I found I had to supply her with health potion's (as I did with Lydia, Mjol or any other follower). And she also kept harping about the sun, but I guess whomever did her dialogue didn't see fit to change that.

JClarke1953

Not so far. She and I are getting ready to go find her mother Valerica. So far the dialogue hasn't changed much.

BUT! I did notice something different! She wasn't very receptive when rescued (soloed that), and after delivering her to her father, I went and did a bunch of quests/jobs I'd been delaying. At the same time, I went to Riften to talk to the Priestess of Mara, and got the dialogue about marriage.

When meeting Selana again with Isran, she was much "nicer". Now, if that's an indicator, I don't know. It was a minor change in "behavior" I hadn't seen.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts