Serana isn't availlible for marriage....

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
Oh she actually has dialogue saying why she won't marry you when you try to? Oh, then by all means leave it as-is and suck it up XD I thought Bethesda just didn't script anything and left her not a marriage candidate with no reason lol...THAT makes sense. Good thing I didn't sign the petition =3

No she doesn't say anything about not marrying you. You put the amulet on, butterflies in your stomach, tear in your eye, and nothing! No option at all...

I don't know why everyone is upset with this. Lydia wasn't marriage material on first release, but a patch sorted that out... Why anyone would want to marry Lydia is beyond me, she's a pain in the arse...

I know! "I am sworn to carry your burdens" shut the fl*ff up! she almost says it in a passive aggressive way.

Kage

My hopes were shattered? This is lame? Holly crap this kind of thing is probably the exact reason people call us people who play this game nerds. Honestly, why is it such a bad thing? She's just a bunch of pixels guys, if she could be killed, I would have murdered her a long time a go. Right now she's just a useful pawn who carries my plops. I don't give a flying fluff about her. I murdered pretty much all my wives, and finally stuck with Aela, because she has the best shop and is honestly the most useful. However, I believe she's immortal, point being, I'd kill her too if she could be killed. Toss her in a lake, with lead weights. Point is, people, their pixels, not being able to marry her is no huge deal, quite minor, in my opinion.

I never even considered it until i saw it mentioned on the forums, and it caused me to laugh pretty hard.

I don't give a plops about pixels, I kill anything that I want to kill whenever the feeling strikes me.

NewZodiac

My hopes were shattered? This is lame? Holly crap this kind of thing is probably the exact reason people call us people who play this game nerds. Honestly, why is it such a bad thing? She's just a bunch of pixels guys, if she could be killed, I would have murdered her a long time a go. Right now she's just a useful pawn who carries my pl***. I don't give a flying fu** about her. I murdered pretty much all my wives, and finally stuck with Aela, because she has the best shop and is honestly the most useful. However, I believe she's immortal, point being, I'd kill her too if she could be killed. Toss her in a lake, with lead weights. Point is, people, their pixels, not being able to marry her is no huge deal, quite minor, in my opinion.

I never even considered it until i saw it mentioned on the forums, and it caused me to laugh pretty hard.

I don't give a pl*** about pixels, I kill anything that I want to kill whenever the feeling strikes me.

You're more of an RPer than you realize.

Kage

You're more of an RPer than you realize.

Oh, I'm huge an RP's. I create them all the time, I've played everything my imagination can think of. Whether or not I'm an Rper isn't an issue. It just amuses me how much outrage over not being able to marry someone, which is ultimately just a bunch of pixels and numbers with a voice. It's a good DLC, and not being able to marry Serana shouldn't be an issue.

NewZodiac

Oh, I'm huge an RP's. I create them all the time, I've played everything my imagination can think of. Whether or not I'm an Rper isn't an issue. It just amuses me how much outrage over not being able to marry someone, which is ultimately just a bunch of pixels and numbers with a voice. It's a good DLC, and not being able to marry Serana shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not saying it's an issue. Just making an observation that, like them, you understand RP.

People just want the option to RP it out. Some people want it more than others. You shouldn't condemn them for wanting it more than you do.

MisterDraco

hello everyone, I am a big fan of skyrim and I do enjoy the DLC. Don't get me wrong I don't ever want to trash bethesda and I'm a fan but I feel that is was just half done. I mean I love the game but not all of us wants to be pc gamers and use console commands in order to fix issues that shouldn't be there. I made a vampire character so what did I want my character to marry? Yup that's right a vampire! I find it weird that you plently of wolf choices to marry, so why such the slack for vampire players? I mean there are some things that are half done in this game, being able to reset perks so I don't have to spend alot of hours making a character for the one I want. Ever heard of divorce, I mean why if I didn't want to stay with aela or something? Please I know it's a fairly new game in skyrims timeframe compared to oblivion and the rest. But people if they are going to do an amazing game just get some little details for console players out. Sorry for the paragraph and a half.

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
I just remembered something, a couple weeks ago I read an article during the build up to Dawnguards release, and it was saying how everyone is going vamp crazy, and it referenced 'Twilight.' So maybe that's what Bethesda made it so you couldn't marry Serana, they dont want it to seems like another vamp love story.

Just a thought.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
I just remembered something, a couple weeks ago I read an article during the build up to Dawnguards release, and it was saying how everyone is going vamp crazy, and it referenced 'Twilight.' So maybe that's what Bethesda made it so you couldn't marry Serana, they dont want it to seems like another vamp love story.

Just a thought.

Stephanie Meyer should be taken out and shot at dawn for this alone... I see where Beth is coming from though. I mean who wants an army of Ed and Bella's running around Skyrim reading poetry like a couple of big girl's blouses when there are Dragon's to be killed? :D... No I'm not a Twilight fan. I prefer Harry Potter.

Kruziik Vampire

Ancient Master Vampire
I have Serana following me about everywhere and I'm married to Ysolda but I don't even care for her really. Serana FTW!

blackmagickota

am married to the huntress from the companions, have lydia who does whatever i say and serana who owes me her life... don't need a patch to use my imagination

they really need to make a divorce/remarry patch especially for serana

Toralf Snow-Song

Level ?? (Elite) Humanoid
I didn't really get the idea that she wanted to have anything to do with a romantic relationship, mostly because she's so old. It would be interesting to be able to marry her, but wouldn't make sense in my honest opinion. Think of it this way: If you were an era or more old vampire, would you really want to mate with someone so relatively young?

Anyway, I'll stick with my 100% unkillable vampiress, Mjoll. :D

xiblueshadowix

Serena is certainly by far the most well developed character in skyrim and is the best candidate for a wife in skyrim. she has an amazing personality, great background story and when you play through dawnguard with her you actually feel an emotional bond growing between you and her and a sense of trust. she is not mariable however Bethesda are by far not stupid. for them to not let you marry her is a sign of stupidity considering that thousands of fans have been disappointed by the fact that you cant marry her and ignoring this would certainly be stupid. therefore in my personal opinion this suggests that Bethesda have got something planned. maybe a new quest line involving Serena? after all she as a character has been such a great success in dawnguard that Bethesda feel they should centre an entire patch or possibly DLC around her? time will tell however its such an obvious thing that Serena should be mariable therefore I feel that an entire company couldn't have possibly overlooked that! that leads to only two possible conclusions. 1. Bethesda is trolling us however its a mistake as it upsets a lot of fans. 2. which is likely, they have something in store for us to do with Serena. maybe a new DLC? quest line? maybe at the end you can marry her? maybe she dies dramatically? maybe she decides she doesn't want to be a vampire any more? maybe the quest line mgiht involve her trying to escape molag bal's grasp and curing herself so you might have to defy a deadra lord which could potentially have a juicy storline Bethesda can take advantage of. i don't know, these are just my opinions and speculations. its a matter down and open to debate however I just wanted to share the idea to the community that not being able to marry Serena is deliberate and maybe Bethesda are just holding back on us for now.

Sen5esFail

People keep asking for a patch to marry her...Why not just have it be part of the next DLC? It doesn't have to mesh with the story line of the next dlc, it could just be like a side addition. I say this because i've heard patching dlc can't work. Hell, I bet if they came out with a "Marry Serana" DLC it would sell like crazy. LOL

People keep asking for a patch to marry her...Why not just have it be part of the next DLC? It doesn't have to mesh with the story line of the next dlc, it could just be like a side addition. I say this because i've heard patching dlc can't work. Hell, I bet if they came out with a "Marry Serana" DLC it would sell like crazy. LOL
Maybe the patch comes without the dlc?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts