selling items in skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bluebaron

I have a whole chest full of assorted weapons , armor , jewlery etc to sell my question is do you have to be a certain level to sell items or is a cetain speech skill level required before you can sell items to vendors for gold ? I am currently a level 40 in the game . I have sold crops I have picked but cant seem to sell anything else to make any extra gold . Also where do you find vendors who will buy weapons , jewels, armor , potions, etc.

Sparkz

Mysterious Creature
Merchants who buy arms/armor are called Blacksmiths.Pritty much all towns have one.
Npcs who buy jewlery are mages in the jarl's quarters (sometimes in inns) and general merchants.

Potion merchants are called alchemists.They can usualy be found in every town.

No you dont have to have a certain level of speech to sell items.Although this skill will increase when you start to sell items.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
... I am currently a level 40 in the game ...

Also where do you find vendors who will buy weapons , jewels, armor , potions, etc.

:confused:

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
got a really good tip for you. Get to level 70 in Speech skill tree and take the perk that lets you invest in Merchants (on the way up the tree you have to take a perk that lets you sell any kind of item to any vendor). and then invest in the trader in Riverwood, he will have anywhere between 10000-12000 gold to buy things from you.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The entire speech perk tree is unappealing to me. In a game where it's easy to make money and there are no real moneysinks other than trainers I just don't see the point to it but to each their own.

BrthrhdOfSteel

The Goose Assassin
The entire speech perk tree is unappealing to me. In a game where it's easy to make money and there are no real moneysinks other than trainers I just don't see the point to it but to each their own.
i totaly agree. the only one even remotly worth anything is any vender will buy anything. it just saves time in going from vender to vender to get rid of everything

KritikalPT

I wish Skyrim would have an NPC like the mudcrab vendor from Morrowind, that way you could sell a lot of items in one go, instead of having to wait 2 days everytime you sold about a few really expensive items.
Anyway, you can go to Riverwood and sell weapons and armor to Alvor the blacksmith, then go to the Riverwood trader and sell the rest, like spell books, jewelry and other odds and ends. Like I said before however, you might have to wait two days a lot, since at that level items sell for a lot, and they don't have a lot of gold on themselves. You can also invest in the Speech tree like SGR_Sky said.

Nakatsu_Hime

If there were some decent weapons or armour to buy, then I'd find that tree alluring. However, you seem to end up with loads of gold and nothing to really buy of any worth.

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
I there were some decent weapons or armour to buy, then I'd find that tree alluring. However, you seem to end up with loads of gold and nothing to really buy of any worth.
In a way, I agree, but I like being able to just go to one vendor for everything