• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
How do I save my character in order to play multiple games and retrieve them?all loads get wiped out when start a new game

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

From the XMB menu (PS3 home) save your skyrim game file to an external device, such as a flash drive

Lethennon

I would be careful doing that. I know sometimes SKyrim wont open a file if it has been created by some method other than the game. This has been reported to include games copied back onto the HDD from an external device.

My son and I both play, so we just have 2 main save games. The trick is to make sure you HARD save whenever you are done for the day because the autosave slots will overwrite each other.

Clau

The Fateless One
Whenever I start a new character, I make sure to save and create a new save file out of the previous save or load game. I learned that the hard way as the auto-save function in Helgen wiped out several of my character progress.

sticky runes

I had the same experience as Clau. When I started a new character, it saved over my top most file so I lost all progress I made with the previous character. It should be fine if you create a new save file with your previous character (in other words - make sure you've made two different saves with your last used character before starting a new character, just to be safe).

I've also used a flash drive to store my older characters on.