• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    "Oh. I'm sorry if I was interrupting your conversation."

Robbin gripped Ashley's outstretched hand and shook it jovially. "Not a problem, my lady, not a problem at all." And it wasn't. If Jadier was as sincere in his honesty as Robbin suspected he was, then the High Rock nobility believed him dead. Which was a damn shame, really. Robbin had been excitedly preparing for the chase, ready to match his wits against angry pursuers. Alas, it was not to be. But Robbin doubted Ashley presented any danger to himself.

"This strapping young man is Jadier Dolbanitte, from Daggerfall. He is quite the man." Robbin suggestively waggled his eyebrows. He just couldn't stop himself. Leaning close to Ashley, he whispered, "And just wait 'till you hear the accent he's got on him, my lady."

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    Jadier's eyebrow lifts as he is approached by a Breton woman. She speaks to Alistaire, clearly he had upset her somehow. But it was of no concern to Jadier, for it was unrelated to him. "Oh. I'm sorry if I was interrupting your conversation." Before Jadier could speak, Alistaire beats him to it. The Breton shakes her hand "Not a problem, my lady, not a problem at all."

"This strapping young man is Jadier Dolbanitte, from Daggerfall. He is quite the man. And just wait 'till you hear the accent he's got on him, my lady." Jadier's cheeks go red as he stands up to introduce himself to the woman. "It's nice to meet you. Always good to see friendly faces so far from home." He smiles at the woman and steps aside, hands openly pointing at the chair he was just sitting in. "Care to sit down?"

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
    Unlike many others in the inn, Alsedil didn't sleep. While some had nightmares or were uncomfortable while sleeping, Alsedil didn't sleep, period. As he laid on the hard mattress trying to catch at least a wink of sleep, all he could think of was how vulnerable he was. The Khajiit tossed and turned and twisted in strange angles. It got to the point that he was sure he could do every move in the Kama Sutra...whatever that was.

Groaning in agony, he gave up his fruitless endeavor and decided to finish the task that kept him up in the first place, scouting. Normally he would have done it before he tried any attempt at sleeping but there was a glaring issue in doing so; the sandstorm. It's not like the problem itself had resolved. The sandstorm was still raging outside like it was going out of fashion. Sometimes I hate myself. Pulling out his cloak from his rucksack, he covered himself as thoroughly as he could and set out.

It was the next morning that he returned to the end looking worst for wear. The cloak he wore was caked with sand even after he tried to futilely brush them off. The eyes of a normally sharp Khajiit looked droopy and closed. As he looked around, he noticed some of the others from yesterday were present as well. He realized he really couldn't be bothered at the moment and stumbled upstairs. However, he overheard something interesting.

"As for teaching you the magicks of the forest, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to learn. The Bosmer have always had the strongest connection to nature. It will, however, take time. I'm sorry to say I won't be able to teach you here. Perhaps if you were to stay by my side during this journey, I can find the time to help you learn the incantations."

Alsedil whipped his head towards the source of that voice and noticed the Dunmer and Bosmer from yesterday talking. Ah what was her name again? Faola? And more importantly, that plant he just grew... His eyes narrowed. Is that life magic? Sighing in defeat, he did his best to straighten up his composure and ambled towards them. "If I could interrupt this conversation for a few seconds." He kissed the back of the Bosmer's hand. "Nice to meet you again milady." He turned to the Dunmer. "And you were that... enthusiastic Dunmer from yesterday...please to make your acquaintance." Alsedil gave a slight bow to the elf. "Now I couldn't help but overhear something about nature magic. Would this have any relation to life magic? And I don't mean the silly restoration magic or necromancy, I meant the actual creation of life."

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
    Relyn laughed in the face of the Khajiit priest. "Life magic. How quaint. Any true mage would know that the creation of life is impossible. That's the domain of the gods." The elf took a sip of his wine.

"As for nature magic, it's very much in line with restoration. Simply increases the growth of a living organism. It doesn't work on anything but plants, however. We have Necromancy for that." He gave a smug smirk to the cat, his eyes signalling that the priest should choose his next words carefully. "And restoration magic has kept me alive for over nine hundred years. You may want to think twice before the next time you call it 'silly'. "

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
    His magicka flared. "My my...its not enough that we have bastard little vampires trying to live forever, but here we have a bastard little elf attempting the same thing. True...life magic is the domain of the gods, which is why I couldn't have let you lived if you knew any." Alsedil paused to glare at the Dunmer. "Please remember mer...Arkay is the god of life," He started to retreat back to his room, but turned back one final time. "and death."

Alsedil left swiftly without staying to hear out the elf. He couldn't afford any confrontations, not now at least. Even as he opened the door to his room, he felt the muscles in his limbs groan in agony. As soon as the door closed behind him, he collapsed on the ground. In his journey to dreamland, he couldn't help but think what a help restoration magic would be. Oh the irony.

Ponder

Robbin laughed as Jadier's cheeks flushed. As the blushing knight invited Ashley to take a seat, Robbin continued their conversation.

"A blade? Do I know how to use a blade? Certainly not, my dear fellow." He gave a light-hearted laugh. "My skills are much more suited to the life of a merchant and citizen of Wayrest. I can't fight, but I can skive and haggle my way through many tight spots. No, for defense I have lady Ashley and the fashionably challenged Redguard over there. Sionna, I think her name is. I can't speak for her taste or style, but I'm certain she knows how to use a blade." Turning to Ashley, he foraged on. "Which reminds me, my lady, while Jadier and I have been acquainting ourselves, you've been rudely ignored. So tell us, what brings you here? What do you hope to find?"

Netherworld

H. P. Lovecraft is my bitch.
    By the time a new person appeared in the inn, Eliytres had been reduced from leaning on the wall with grace and elegance becoming of an Altmer to a slouching figure dressed head to toe in heavy armor. The saddest part was, however, that he cared for it as much as the Thalmor care for children of Lorkhan. It was gnawing at the Mer with the strength of a dragon's teeth and when a relatively new face finally appeared, he was basically begging for a diversion. Bless the Aedra, it came in the form of the priest of Arkay from yesterday. Everyone was more or less minding their own business and talking in pairs or groups (or sulking on their own by the side, just like the Mer), when he barged in on the Bosmer and the Mage Lord from Morrowind. Eliytres was sure that his jaw had simply swung open at the incredulity of the situation; he had never before seen a Khajiit of such bad manners. And to think he was a man of the faith! The Mer shook in disgust and disappointment.

Without even giving the Dunmer time to respond, the misbehaving priest stormed off to unknown, leaving in his wake a baffled Altmer. Unbelievable, the Mer in question shook his head and ran his long fingers along his chin, just to check that his mouth had indeed remained closed. Fed up with the waiting that just seemed to stretch on and on and on, he pushed himself off the wall and sought out the Redguard that had withdrawn in to a calmer corner of the bustling tavern. "I'm sorry to bother you, madam," he addressed the feathered woman and waited for her to deign him with her attention. "I was hoping that a woman of action like yourself would agree to assist me in persuading these dillydallying people to leave," he elaborated with her eyes on his. "If we don't make for the Dwemer ruin soon, we'll get caught in the worst temperatures of the day and given the sandstorm, the journey is going to be unpleasant as it is," he finished his quiet proposal, patiently waiting for the warrior to respond.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Sionna quietly watched as everyone seemed to ignore the mute's request to make haste. She was baffled by their behaviour, everyone seeming to be lost in their own world, talking, arguing, interrupting one another like unruly children. To say she was mildly disappointed in their actions would have been a vast understatement. Watching her new employer speak with those in the tavern she was reminded of a snake, sinister in it's deception of unknowing prey. What he was hiding Sionna was unsure of, but she was determined to find out what it was. He was too cautious, too jumpy for a man with nothing to hide.

Her musings were interrupted by the altmer from the day before. He seemed as weary as she, his patience clearly wearing thin. "Of course. At this rate I doubt we'll ever leave this tavern. But what do you suggest? There is little to be done short of yelling at them until they move."

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    ((can't type in color for dialogue. Thanks Tapatalk, but in the meantime, I'll get everyone ready..))

As Ashley was about to explain her reasons in being in Dune, the Arkay priest flipped out on the Dunmer, saying something about Arkay is the god of life and death. After he left back into his room, She realized that it must at least noon and they still hadn't departed from the tavern. They were in the middle of the desert, and Ashley knew from experience how hot it could get out here. "Tell you what guys. I'll tell you why I'm here later as we're walking or when we camp for the night. But we should get really get the rest of these guys ready." Ashley walked over to where the majority of the group was. "Hey guys." Ashley called. The group continued to talk amongst themselves, the Dunmer and Bosmer talking about plants, her two kinsmen behind her, the Altmer and Redguard talking amongst themselves, probably annoyed at the group from the looks on their faces. "Hey guys!" Ash said a bit a louder. Except for a look of confusion from Alistair behind her, no one looked. Growing annoyed at the groups ignorant behavior, she turned around to face her Breton companions. "Wait right here please." She said with a kind smile. Ashley reached into her bag and pulled out her sword. She took the sword out of its sheathe, and walked forward towards the middle table where most of the group was crowded around. She turned the blade upside down and thrusted it downwards into the wooden furniture. "Hey Guys!" Ash yelled. "We should probably get ready to leave. We have more time to talk later, but right now we need to prepare."

Netherworld

H. P. Lovecraft is my bitch.
    He was almost relieved to find the woman accepting of his proposal; he hardly had any nerves left to deal with another ignorant. The Mer's lips curled up at the corners ever so slightly at her insightful remark and with a sigh, he ran his eyes over their scattered fellowship once again. If this was ever going to work, they needed someone that could guide them with wisdom and common sense; and however intelligent and calm their mute employer seemed to be, he was in no state to lead a group of such diverse, contradicting personae. While pondering what to do, though, his eyes spotted one of the Bretons moving into the middle of the huddled people; the very same ones whose arguments were becoming increasingly louder and louder for the last minutes. He watched with amusement and worry as she tried, vainly, to get their attention. "It seems our solution comes in the form of a Breton," he added quietly, with mirth evident in his melodious tone.

"I couldn't agree more, madam," he added as he stepped forth, his voice now loud enough for all of them to hear in the stillness the Breton's action had evoked. "We'll have enough problems with the sandstorm; no need to add the scorching sun to the mix. Let us make haste now, and you will discuss what pests you later, when we settle down for the night," the quality of his voice was now one that left no room for argument; one that had been taught to him by no other than Elenwen herself.

Felidae

The White Wanderer
    At the sound of the Altmer's voice, Felidae peered up from the bottled brandy clutched in her fist. She couldn't recall seeing him move before, let alone speak, so the sound of his voice startled her slightly.
    As he proceeded to address the gathering, the Khajiit retrieved a small, empty hip-flask from under her poncho and carefully emptied the rest of the bottle into its depths, stopping only when the liquid inside reached the brim. Eventually, she too voiced her opinion.
    "I agree with the Elf," Felidae said smoothly, without turning her attention from the current theft of tavern alcohol. "We're wasting time, standing here yapping. We may as well go now while the weather permits us."

Finally satisfied, Felidae stoppered the canteen and stored it away on her belt, before slowly picking her way to the main table. Being one of the smallest individuals in the room, she was easily overlooked from a distance.
    "I mean let's face it, we all know it's gonna get worse out there. A lot worse."
    Almost in acknowledgement of her words, the wind outside seemed to intensify a little, flinging sand against the windowpanes so hard it was a wonder they didn't crack. The tattered awning over the front door thrashed violently in the gale, the loud slap of cloth against brick almost drowning out the storm itself.
    Felidae's left ear flicked in irritation, and she swigged the remnants of the bottle. Loud noises really got to her, especially one as infernal as this.

Rextoret

top kek
    Raska knew it would be best to going soon. Standing, he made a motion to the others that he was ready to leave. Wrapping his cloths around himself, he stepped out of the tavern. Sand whipped around him and filled his ears with the sound of tiny sand grains passing by. He took a few steps forward, making his way to the city gate. He did not look back to see if the others were following him. He was eager to get to this ruin and get the potion. Whether or not the others followed was their problem. He pushed open the city gates, giving the others a moment to catch up to him.

Mesmerize

Your favorite cajun
    Jadier's eyes followed the Khajiit out the door. The cat hasn't said a word this whole time, but his intentions were clear. He wanted to get to where he was going. Fast. "Hey, Alistaire, what is it we're doing exactly?" The Breton rose and grabbed his gear. "Also, our...leader...or whatever you call him just left. Maybe we should follow?" He also realized how rude this Ashley girl was being. I like 'em feisty. The knight observed the woman, making her demands known to the other members of the party. She wanted to get on with the quest, and so did several others.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Ashley had been so busy talking to her kinsman and yelling at the others to get ready, she finally realized she was still in her Tavern Clothes, not her armor. The irony! Ash walked over to her bag and grabbed it, walking into an empty room. In a matter of three minutes, she stepped out, fully clad in her Stalhrim armor, her helmet being the exception, which she was currently carrying in her hand. "Feels like it's been forever since I was in armor." She said to herself. Her sword, still impaled in the remains of the table, was pulled out and put in its proper sheath at her side. Ashley then took out her bow from the large bag and a quiver filled with arrows. "Okay. Now I'm really ready to go." She walked back to Alistair and Jadier. "Ready to go whenever you are boss."

Ponder

Robbin stared at the quivering sword. In the table. In the table.

"Who does that?"

The bartender gave him a pointed glare, and Robbin gave up. "You know what? No. No," he said throwing his hands in the air. "I am not paying for that. I wash my hands of this weirdness." Robbin turned and motioned to Sionna. "Oi! We're leaving, because some people apparently can't respect property." He nodded at Jadier, signalling his agreement. "Let's follow."

"Ready to go whenever you are boss."

"And you. You. Just... just... argh!"

He stalked out of the tavern after the Khajiit, into the painful embrace of the sandstorm.

Sqeagy

The Gentle Utensil
    Ashley had to stifle a laugh as she looked at the face of her boss. "You know what? No. No, I am not paying for that. I wash my hands of this weirdness." The breton merchant said as he walked away. Ashley walked over to the bartender. "Sorry about the table. I had to make a point to my companions." She took out a bag of 1000 septims, more then enough to replace the table she broke. The bartender nodded, obviously happy with the peace offering. Ash finally donned her helmet and followed her temporary boss. "Don't worry Alistair. I paid for the table. I'll try not to smash anything else in front of you unless you ask."