Roleplaying in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cruzz27

I totally agree

Locks066

I myself have been fully realistic with one of my profiles. I never fast traveled and always ate breakfast and dinner. Launch always being a treat because who wants to be eating meat with a risk of a saber cat jumping out not me!!.

The things you see and come across are so rewarding. I fully completed all the story lines and even had a few mastered skills.The days in the inns were nice and relaxing even got my favorite music choices. I would do it again but i just dont have the time anymore X.X

Coda

In Skyrim I also sleep, eat and never fast travel. I did however not work out a character, but that's because I always 'play' myself. I usually help people, and never kill an innocent person because I would feel bad doing that. I even felt bad after innocent people got killed by Spriggans during some action of me in a quest, though I did not know that that was going to happen.
At this moment I haven't done anything morally wrong (which is of course subjective), but it's sometimes difficult to stop a quest from continuing (like House of Horrors, which I did not finish).

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
Totally digging the ideas mentioned here. I've always enjoyed that aspect of TES games, the immersing roleplaying ability the game gives you. I, personally, love to make back story but I also temper that with the ability to put the controller down and think about the decision before me. What would my character do, based on the history I want for her? What consequences does that choice have, and will it lead me to further tests of my players morals and values?

I also agree that you should allow the game to determine your character. Allow the choices to be made, and if you are really worried, save before you make the choice. There are days when I'm just out to gain fame and fortune and I do things quickly, and there are days that I wander the lands and discover new and incredible things about the game I never knew before.

Patches

My Werewolf Khajiit, Ki'reon (Tyger), is Patches' 'long lost brother', of a sort. He's a good man but he's in the theives guild, as he had headed down a bad path but eventually stayed there even when he was 'good', he saw them as family. He doesn't like the Vampires and is a Dawnguard, but he sees a true friend in Serana. Of course he is a companion, and he has trouble controlling his transformations, but he doesn't truly hate being a Werewolf.
Of course I'm torn between destroying and joining the DB, any advice? :p

Torok

I took RPing to a whole new level with my Breton spellsword, Dandre. He started out as a kind, humble, middle class mage who would do anything to help the suffering citizens of Skyrim. After getting injured while defending the town of Dragon Bridge from a pack of werewolves his mind began to warp into a more darker side as the disease of lycanthopy began to infect him. He soon turned unwillingly into his beast form, unable to control himself. He rampaged around from Solitude to Whiterun killing and eating anything in his path. When he turned back to a Breton he remembered what he had done and was horrified by it. When the priestesses at the Temple in Whiterun couldn't help him he flew into a rage, desecrating the temple, running out and killing a priest. He turned himself in and contemplated what has happen while he spent the week in jail. His beastial hunger soon catches up with him again and he hunts and kills again. As the days go by his mind grows darker until he only cares about one thing, himself. He becomes disconnected from the needs of others and soon joins the DB where he finds others that accept him for what he is, although the only goal he has is to feed on easy prey and to earn gold doing it. But, he develops an attachment to Marcurio during his first visit to Riften, he doesn't see prey when he looks at him, but a mate. He begins to pursue the mage, spending time with him whenever he visits Riften, giving him Dwarven related gifts, and sometimes even takes detours to Riften just to see him or spend the night there. Dandre wouldn't dare reveal the truth about his occupation or his werewolf half.
After Dandre made sure the DB is taken care of with a new sanctuary, he decides to just leave them in pursuit of something greater, love. He feels calmer around Marc, and it's as if he can control his animalistic mind. He still feels the need to hunt, but he can control it so much now that sneaking a bit of raw, bloody meat works just as well as eating a carcass. Dandre feels the need to act like his old self around Marc, the selfless, good natured man, from clearing out a fort of necromancers to giving his amethysts away so that two Argonians can get married. Of course, he forces himself to do it, mostly at Marc's suggestions to do so. Dandre is happy to please Marc and impress him, so he basically does whatever Marc suggests. (A lot of RPing goes into it, we all know Marc wouldn't suggest some of those things.)
Dandre still slips into his dark mentality from time to time, responding rudely to others questions, threatening people when he's agitated.
I RP with Marc too, during the Unending Season quest he wouldn't set foot in the Palace of the Kings because he believed Ulfric was the cause of the Emperor's death, so he waited in the inn. Dandre and Marc had to go to Kyensgrove to spend the night at that inn because Marc wouldn't sleep in Windhelm. I like to think that Marc wouldn't be involved in politics yet he's still a citizen of the Empire and therefor outraged that Ulfric would do such a thing.
I plan to do so many more things, including something even more dramatic in the Dawnguard questline.

Scimitar 95

I took RPing to a whole new level with my Breton spellsword, Dandre. He started out as a kind, humble, middle class mage who would do anything to help the suffering citizens of Skyrim. After getting injured while defending the town of Dragon Bridge from a pack of werewolves his mind began to warp into a more darker side as the disease of lycanthopy began to infect him. He soon turned unwillingly into his beast form, unable to control himself.
This was a cool story, you obviously spent a lot of time putting it all together in a way that is believable/reasonable. This makes me want to roleplay a werewolf soon

hershangames

So I've been reading this post and it really made me wanna roleplay, but I have some questions. I understand that I set the rules and story, personality and all, but do I post the things I do?
For example, if I create a story, do I post the hall story and update it from time to time or do I just post anechdotes? How does It work?

Wallcat

I love designing characters and always try my best to role play. I prefer not to fast travel and will even sleep at inns when they haven't rested in a while. I like to add my own back story, quirks and motivations to the characters too. My current one is a thief, but also a loner. When she takes something she leaves behind a token in its place to help distinguish herself from the work of other thieves. It has nothing to do with gameplay, but you can still use your imagination to expand the world further than what's currently there. I guess that's what is magical about games like Skyrim. Thank you for the tips.

dblanch

I've probably started over 10 accounts only a few hours into any playthrough because I've had trouble creating a character that I actually like and would be interested in continuing the story of. This guide is very helpful for correcting this problem, and I will try out some of the tips you've outlined next time I feel the compulsion to load up this game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts