• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    -Rise of the Falmer-
    Alduin has been vanquished and the dragons gone from Skyrim, all of Skyrim rejoices in celebration. But the Civil War is still raging, the sons and daughters of Skyrim still spilling their own blood, but soon everything will change, the Falmer have been watching, planning and mobilizing for a massive assault on Skyrim. And after several devastating earthquakes ravage Skyrim they launch a massive invasion, their goals are unclear, all that is certain is that they're killing everyone and everything in sight. It's up to a band of heroes to delve deep underground and eliminate the source of this attack as well as help aid in the defense of cities and holds.

Rules

1. No godding (outrageously over powered characters), no killing forum members characters (unless expressly agreed upon by all players involved), or saying so and so robs store of all goods, ruining the experience of other people. No being a Dragonborn either, in public neutral threads in the story of Skyrim they are very rare, thus it would be un-fair to have one person be a Dragonborn and be able to use Shouts so easily

2.All posts should be relevant to the RP, except for stuff in Out of Character comments <example> OOC: I need to go to sleep now, my character will just go along with whatever you guys decide. Every Story should set up a separate OOC thread for comments for non-partisipants and larger story discussion

3. The RP thread will be monitored by Mr. Self Destruct who will also solve any disputes or arguments

4. You may make NPCs if the situation arises. Ex.

Innkeeper: Hello, traveler! Would you like a drink?

Hero: Yes, that'd be nice.

Innkeeper: Wonderful, that'll be 3 septims.

5. Profanity is allowed

6. Have Fun!
    Rorikstead is a small farming community, renowned for it's rich and bountiful soil and the success and prosperity of it's farmers. But lately there's been a nip in the air... The soil has become dry and dehydrated and the crops are suffering. Nevermind that, however, the town still draws in much attention from it's inn, being a popular rest stop on the way to Whiterun. Here many heroes have stayed, and where many adventures begin. It's late when you finally reach Frostfruit Inn, but the men and women inside hardly notice as you step inside. Everyone is bubbling with drunken excitement at the news of Alduin's defeat, the bard inside is singing "The Dragonborn Comes." Sitting in the corner is a hooded man who is smoking from a long, wooden pipe. He seems strangely out of place here, and despite the song and dance going on he remains completely silent. What will you do?​

Carcino

Vampire Slayer Extraordinaire Legend
    J'mal is dropped off by a carriage driver in the middle of Rorikstead "Thanks.. Er...Here's your pay.." J'mal handed the driver 10 septims and began to walk to the inn. When he gets in he notices a man being strangely out of place.. "This could be the the start of my adventure..!" He thought to himself walking to the man "Um.. Hello i'm J'mal.. Er.. Do you need a adventurer?.." He said rather shyly.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    The man's mouth contorted into a smirk, most of his face was obscured by his hood. He took a deep inhale from his pipe before exhaling a wispy trail of smoke. "You seem more out of place here then I do." said the main in a sly and suave voice.

Carcino

"Yeah...Er.. So do you need a adventurer?" He was starting to get somewhat paranoid and starting to sweat slightly because he was very nervous that he may say the wrong things.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Melee never knew why Arcadia would send her away to gather ingredients for her shop when she could very well just order them from suppliers she knew well, but she wasn't complaining. She enjoyed traveling (which Arcadia probably knew), and when you only had to go somewhere like Karthwasten to pick up some Nirnroot, it didn't bother her in the least to get out and stretch her legs for a few days.
    Since Melee had gotten a late start leaving Whiterun, it started getting dark a little more than halfway through her journey. She smiled when she saw the lights of Rorikstead standing out in the fading light, and decided she would stop there for the night. As she got closer, she could hear the typical sounds come from Frostfruit Inn that usually meant that the entire town was gathered inside.
    As she stepped inside and pulled down her hood, she looked around, taking in the sights and sounds of all the people together. Her attention was drawn to one man in particular sitting in a corner, not because of the level of noise he was making, or his foolish antics, but because of the utter lack of any of those things. Thinking it was a little strange, but not suspicious in any way, she headed to the bar.
    "Are there any rooms open? I'd like to stay the night here if I could," She asked the innkeeper.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "Well, what I do want now is just somebody to talk too." Not far away a barfight breaks out, a burly Nord with fair blonde hair and a tangled and knotted beard slugs a smaller Redguard across the face with a clenched fist. The Redguard is knocked unconscious instantly, and crumples to the floor as cheers and thunderous applause break out. "My name is Alistar, pleasure to meet you."

OriginOfAbsolution

The very model of a scientist Salarian
    Emberlynn brushes a few loose strands of hair out of her eyes as she lets the warm air inside the inn wash over her. As she scans the room, her eyes almost instantly fall on the strange and silent figure in the corner, and the Khajiit who is speaking to him.

What could they be up to...? She wonders, but quickly looks away, worried she'll be caught staring. She had learned the hard way back in Falkreath that approaching an unusual stranger, or even looking at a stranger the wrong way, could lead to trouble.

Instead, she approaches the happily smiling innkeeper and softly asks for some ale and a pheasant breast, her blue eyes occasionally darting back to the unusual pair in the corner, surreptitiously watching their every move with interest.

Carcino

"Er.. I'm J'mal... So.. What do you..Um.. Want to talk about...?" He stuttered staking a seat feeling a little more comfortable around the stranger. He looked around pulling out 10 septims.

(Sorry i'm a man of few words ..thats why my posts are somewhat short...heh heh.. )

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "Standard fee is 10 septims." The Innkeeper is a shrewd little Breton, with thinning hair and lough lines. As he speaks to Melee, Emberlynn comes to the counter. She asks for some food and drink, and he's happy to oblige. He returns with both the key to Melee's room and the food. "It's 5 septims for the pheasant, 2 for the ale." he says.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "I'm sure you've heard of this 'Dragonborn' and his battle with Alduin? Where he rid Tamriel of dragons once more?" says Alistar as he leans further back in his chair, this gives J'mal a good view of the assortment of daggers and throwing knives sheathed in their scabbards along his chest.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    "Thank you," Melee smiles. She looks over at the food the girl who just came to the counter got, and her stomach growls slightly. She pulls out a few septims and sets them on the counter. "I'll get what she's having, but water instead of ale please." While she waits for her food she takes her small bag to her room, her eyes lingering over the man in the corner. She notices that he's now talking to a Khajiit, and wonders what they could possibly be talking about.

Carcino

"Actually.. I think I met the dragonborn when ..Well I couldn't see if it was a he or she ..But I met the dragon born at the college and..Well... that's all I know of the dragonborn..So no I have not heard of it..But I hear some dragons..Er.. May still be lurking around skyrim..But that's all that I know.." He said rather nervously looking at the daggers making him move his chair back a bit.

OriginOfAbsolution

"Thank you". Emberlynn replies to the innkeeper distractedly, her eyes still focused on the pair in the corner. She reaches into her pocket and places the money on the counter.

She takes her food and ale and finds a table a few arms' lengths away from the Nord and the Khajiit, then pulls out one of her Grandfather's old notebooks to glance at while she attempts to casually eavesdrop on their conversation...

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "Interesting, so you're a mage eh? What school of magic do you fancy yourself?" retorts Alistar, who's now aware of the presence of the 2 women. His pipe runs out of herb, which mildly annoys him as he sets his pipe away.

Carcino

"Well..Um.. I use destruction, right now i'm around a apprentice mage...So.. I don't have many good spells..." He said also noticing the women watching them feeling slightly scared and curious.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Melee walks out of her room and picks up her food, thanking the innkeeper with a smile. She scans the inn for a free place to sit, and notices a spot a few feet from where the cloaked man and Khajiit sit talking. As she walks to the table, she notices a young girl at a different table reading a book and idly wonders which one it is. She sits at the table and takes a sip of her water, trying to get an idea of what the strange pair in the corner are conversing about.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alistar, now aware of the two women sitting rather close to them, becomes precautious. He's made a lot of enemies in the past, and it doesn't come as a surprise if these 2 are up to no good. "Well... J'Mal, the crops here are dying. It's not just here, it's all over Skyrim. Odd, isn't it?" As soon as he says this, the floor begins to creak beneath them before the entire town begins violently shaking. Men are knocked to the ground as the shaking intensifies. "Quake!" Cries out one of the villagers as chaos ensues. Debris falls from the ceiling as their is a mad dash to get out. Alistar is one of the first out, having sat rather close to the entrance.

OriginOfAbsolution

Emberlynn quite literally leaps from her seat as the ground around her begins to quake. She dashes behind the others toward the exit, but realizes with a sickening lurch in her stomach that she had left her grandfather's journal on the table. The floor is already covered with bits of falling debris, but she runs back anyway, frantically snatching the journal in her trembling hand.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Melee's first thought is about her bag sitting in her room not 10 feet away. She jumps out of her seat just in time to avoid a rather large piece of the ceiling falling down on her. She pushes past screaming people and stumbles in to her room. After hastily grabbing her bag, she joins the throngs of people pushing to get out, thankful for her height so that she doesn't get pushed down easily and trampled underfoot as more debris falls.

Carcino

"WHAT IN OBLIVION!?!?" J'mal jumps out of his seat and runs around the place panicking like it was the end of the world. J'mal jumped under the steps and has a frightened look in his eye. He then notices something on the ground that looked like a book. He grabs it and holds onto it trying to calm down.

(It was his spell book by the way)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts