PC Pure Ordinator Argonian Bear Trapper

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

boon23

Hello everyone, I am boon23 and happy to have finally found this place. Now I have just started to make my own youtube videos, doing walkthroughs in Skyrim, but using ordinator as a game changing mod, just to allow for more specialzed builds without completely destroying the feel of Vanilla Skyrim.

I have played Skyrim for 1000s of hours and I am always playing on legendary difficulty, usually without a follwer. And I prefer to play special builds with huge restrictions, because they tend to be fun and challenging.

I have tried out many mods and most of them are fun for one time, but not truly worth being kept.
What do you think?

Last edited:

Eaglespirit

Hi boon23,
I play at present on PS4, and I am very grateful to all the modders who have given us some great mods over the years. Skyrim is a great game yes even without mods.
For me mods have given my world of Skyrim a new lease of life, improving graphics and gameplay. So now I would probably always use them.:D

Eaglespirit

Yes, I enjoy making builds and always looking for more, sometimes getting ideas from others who have made some great builds. Before the build i'm playing now I was a Paladin female Breton knight, which was fun.

Morgan

Alternative Start - Live Another Life is a great mod that it sounds like you would appreciate. It replaces the scripted Skyrim vanilla start, and allows you to delay the dragon storyline more or less indefinitely. You can choose from a large number of alternative starting stories, including my favorite: "robbed and left for dead", where you are dropped in a random spot from around 20 locations around Skyrim and Solstheim with literally nothing but ragged robes.

Other mods I use improve immersion, look, and feel. I use ENB with a low-impact setting just to touch up the lighting throughout the game. I use Jaysus weapon pack for the unparalleled quality of the added weapons, and Winter is Coming, which just adds gorgeous fur cloaks and hoods (which given the time period and weather setting should have been included in the original game). There's also Improved Patrols that increases the Imperial and Stormcloak patrols you'll encounter, as well as adding fairly large battles between them as random encounters.

I also use static mesh mods, water reflections, and as many high-res texture improvements as I can find. All this will run fine on PC with any graphics card from the last three gens or so. Between these and the ENB, right now today Skyrim still looks better than any top-tier game just released, including Cyberpunk 2077 (which I find looks plastic and cartoony), any Far Cry, any Assassin's Creed, etc.

boon23

So many mods to spice up the game or make it a different experience entirely. Now I know some of the mods you mentioned and in my usual setup I have been using alternate start of course, because it skips the vanilla start, which just takes forever and gets a bit boring.
But now that I have started doing a walkthrough video series, it makes sense to keep it as Vanilla as possible, just because that is what most people are still playing and will relate to. I could be wrong though. :)

boon23

since I already posted my first ever live commenary Skyrim walkthrough in media here, I totally forgot that I made this topic about this build and should post the updates here as well. :)

boon23

enjoy part 2. I am doing these with a lot of effort, so any feedback is welcome.
But why do an Argonian bear trapper instead of a sneak archer? ...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts