OOC Potema "The Wolf Queen" rises (discussion)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Dar'Aava

Name: Ukthrall

Race: Orc

Class: Shaman/Tank

Skills: fire magic,lightning magic,spear,Heavy Armor

Physical description: Ukthrall is massive, 6'8, 370 pounds of pure muscle. His entire body riddled with scars (though most is covered by ebony armor). Ukthrall has hair going down to his shoulders,and breaded (simalar to a predator's hair style)

Back story (in RP form): I was once a great shaman. Me and my family were charged with being protectors of the War-Sung clan all the way back to the first guardian Dreg. Ukthrall sighs. Now look at me... A mere mercenary no honor, family, or home to call my own. Killing puny nords, and imperials in this senseless war just to scrape by. How my ancestors most look down on me in shame. Its all those damned Thalmor's fault! They attacked my brothers and I in the early hours of the morning. Before any of us knew what was happening it was to late half of our force was eliminated before we could even strike back! Cowardly elves relying on sneak attacks and magics. Even with my brother and I fighting like a couple of wild animals it was not enough, there numbers were to great. I watched my comrades fall....Then my brother....And when it was my turn they hit me with a lightning spell knocking me unconscious. As i awoke the following day i found my self badly wounded, and stacked in a pile with my slain kinsmen. Stupid elves didn't even finish the job they started.... Now here I am. Wandering the frozen north alone until the day I'm killed in battle and reunited with my family... I only hope when that day comes I have earned enough honor back to be worthy to sit with my fallen brothers and sister.

Misc: Ukthrall was well known through out his clan as a very powerful and fearsome orc warrior. And legend has it he once crushed an enemy nords head with one hand.

Tho he is well rehearsed in fire magic he tends to only use it as a means to get close enough to his enemies to cut them down with his spear

Ukthrall's spear once belonged to Dreg the original guardian of the War-Sung. As Dreg suffers a deep infected wound and reachs his last days of walking Tamriel he orders his shaman disciples to enchant the spear with his power of lightning and that is where Ukthrall gets his power of lightning.

Tho the Spear of Dreg is incredibly powerful and is capable of casting master level lighting spells. It only has two charges before needing to be filled with a soul gym.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
    Sorry guys. I never got the alerts, especially when seeing when yours were posted. I'm right there! And I don't get one?! If you two wanna do this just the two of you, lemme know. I wouldn't wanna hold you back or let you down.

Dar'Aava

lol no worries man you just got to make your own card follow the same pattern we did with our cards you can leave the back story out if you want (I know it can be kinda a pain in the butt)

dunklunk

Thanks for the examples. That helps a lot. Tossing some ideas tonight, hope to post tomorrow some time. I'll try to include a back story, too. Would be good practice if nothing else.

Dar'Aava

Good idea cant wait to see it! Well i just got the opening scene up and as soon as you guys are ready we can begin just post as you wish. Also just so you both know we are basing out of the winking skeever in solitude not in the wolf skull cave that was just posted to start the RP off. Cant wait to RP with you guys =D

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Edit to my back story (as I didn't know how much detail to go into):

(I'm going to write it in the same way Dar'Aava did just for the skae of it. Starting from when her family was attacked.)

I remember the day well. Not a month ago I had been celebrating my twenty-fifth Birthday. I, my Mother and Father has been sitting next to the fire at the back of our archery supplies shop when there was a knock at the door. My Father went through to the front room (the shop) to answer the door when it came again and again until, before my Father could reach the door it was snapped in half. The door fell to the flaw revealing a huge Orc, who towered over my father despite the fact that he was one of the strongest and tallest men in the village.
    'Give me your money... and maybe I won't kill you!' the Orc shouted.

My Father, with reflexes quicker than mine, dropped to the flaw and tackled the man. The Orc feel helplessly to the ground and in a second my Father had thrust his dagger through his back.
    'Sita, Alisa, get upstairs now!' He called.

Me and My mother ran upstairs, I let her go ahead and watched my father examining the corpse. I was about to continue up the stairs when... the Orc laughed.

'A dagger,' he said with his face pressed to the ground and his eyes closed, 'You think a dagger will kill me!'

My Father watched as the Orc rose to his feet. He must have been aware of my presence because at that moment he yelled 'Run Sita!'
    And I did. And that was the last time I saw him. I sprinted up the stairs and then looked out of a window. It wasn't just us, it was the whole village. Houses were being burned and people were being brutally murdered. I took one glance at the display cabinate, inside it was a fine elven bow and arrows. Without thinking I raised both fists into the air and struck the glass. I didn't have time to find the key. The glass shattered and my hands were pierced with blood but I grabbed the bow and arrows and slung them on my back.

I turned to my mother. 'We need to go.' I said.
    She nodded. We went to the window at the back of the house facing the woods. It was all clear. I jumped from the window and landed with a thump. I had maybe even broken something but the adrenaline kept me going.
    'Jump mother!' I called, but to my horror I saw the Orc holding her in his huge arms.

Tears streamed down my mothers face and at that moment she mouthed the words 'run'
    And I did. I ran all the way to Skyrim. I rented a room at the first inn I stayed in. The next morning I awoke and at my bedside was a note. I picked it up and read it.

Sita,

We have your Mother and Father under out protection. Don't even think about trying to rescue them. We have numbers and skill on our side, you are but a lousy hunter. We will, however give you the chance to free them yourself. Me and my comrades and in need of some money. That is why we robbed your pathetic little village.

We want fifty-thousand septims by the end of the year or you parents will die. The quicker the better.

Your friend, T.G

My Mother and Father were alive!
    And that is how I ended up here in Skyrim. I have come to rain myself in the art of killing people with my bow and gather money however I can. The reason I train myself in the art of killing is because I fear I will not have to money by the end of the year. I will have to kill them all.

(hope you enjoyed)

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Just to let everyone know in advance, I sometimes have real trouble with tenses while writing. If you do notice any problems with tenses in my writing just let me know. I think I have made a mistake in the piece I have posted on the RP thread but I'm not sure.

Usually the problem occurs when there is a lot of dialogue, which there is in the piece on the RP thread.

Also, just a quick favour to ask. I would really appreciate it if - when one of you writes you pieces - interacts with my character.

Well Dar'Aava, I guess I'd like a spot here with you guys. Give me a minute and I'll come up with a card. But first, what races are allowed, normal, modded, any?

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Well Dar'Aava, I guess I'd like a spot here with you guys. Give me a minute and I'll come up with a card. But first, what races are allowed, normal, modded, any?

Hey, i'm obviously no Dar'Aava but can I just say please not modded (or god like) characters. I understand that I do not have any power in the thread but I am just saying what I think the RP thread we have started needs to be like.

Well, he did invite me to join on another rp. I only assumed that meant it was all right. Forgot that you probably didn't know. Sorry. Anyways, by modded I don't mean godlike, just lore-friendly type beings that I've seen on actual skyrim mods (i.e. Drow Elves, Enchanted dolls, Half-giants, half-goblins, The Gifted, Icemarked). I used enchanted doll on my own RP, mostly because it gives him a weakness very unique to them.

dunklunk

Okay, guys, I'm diving into the deep end here. Opinions as well as criticisms are always welcome.

Name: Doonkur

Race: Khajiit

Class: Assassin, thief

Skills: Archery, pickpocket, lockpicking, speech, stealth

Physical description: Doonkur is a slim 6'3", 190 pounds. What he lacks in heft, he more than makes up for it in speed. Even after being caught several times while attempting a pick pocket or trying to pick a lock, he always manages to escape. He knows and is very thankful of his renowned Khajiit night vision and claws. The latter has saved his hide numerous times, assisting him in scaling walls that no human could ever hope to scale. The former, as one would imagine, has showed him many ways out of dire situations, whether it's evading guards or victims of his thievery.

Back story: I never knew my parents. Not even a sliver of information on either of them, and Talos knows I've searched high and low for any crumbs of their existence. I don't know if they're still alive or not. My earliest memory is of being a member of Ri'Saad's caravan. I always had the sense of family with them, and the travelling offered many experiences and new sights to see. I had always assumed he and Khayla were my parents. Until the day Khayla and I went for a walk, and she told me the truth. I think I was 10 years old. I don't really remember my age at the time because my world seemed to spiral out of control after hearing the news. What I thought I knew turned out to be false. She said I was more than welcome to stay with the caravan for as long as I wanted, even becoming a life member if I so chose. At 10 years old, I didn't have much choice, but I was still grateful for the offer and I mentioned this to both of them.

As I got older, she started to train me in ways to be stealthy. I had no idea there were so many facets of being sneaky without getting caught. I absorbed everything she taught me. Everything. Every now and then, we would cross paths with the other caravans. Ahkari led one of them, while Ma'dran was the leader of the other. When she felt I was old enough, Khayla began to encourage me to travel with the others, as she felt I still had a lot to learn.

Ahkari himself taught me how to successfully pick someone's pocket without being caught. After all, what's the sense of picking a pocket and not getting away with it? He always said that, which is why I still remember it to this day. Well, that and the fact it made perfect sense. Dro'marash schooled me in the ways of speech. Everyone can speak, but it's how you say something that could turn the tide in your favor. I spent four years with them. Four wonderful years of travelling the Dawnstar to Riften route, learning all I could.

At 21 years old, I joined Ma'dran's caravan, again at the urging of both Ahkari and Dro'marash. "Urging" is probably not the proper word for this situation, as I had no objections for a chance to learn more from the members of Ma'dran's caravan. Picking locks was my next subject to master, and Ma'jhad was my teacher. Four more years passed and looking back, it all seems like a blur.

I eventually rejoined Ri'saad's caravan, staying with them for another year. They were the closest I could ever hope to get for a real family. After all, they provided me with my earliest memories of childhood. I departed amicably, with Khayla constantly reminding me that I was always welcome back. During my time alone on the road, I fulfilled numerous contracts for the Dark Brotherhood as well the Thieves Guild in Riften. This enabled me to put into practice all I had learned from my highly skilled teachers.

Having just turned 30 years old, I feel like a lost, wandering soul. I'd never felt that way with any of the caravans. Ever. The search for my parents, or any clues about them, continues. I sometimes wonder if they'd be proud or scornful of the path my life has taken. Or rather, the path I've chosen.

Name; Mesiri

Race; Drow Elf

Age; 34, but due to her race she appears to be nine

Gender; female

Class; scout/ light warrior

Skills; Duel swords and bow

Physical appearance; A little under four feet, Mesiri looks like a nine year old child with messy bright white hair at shoulder length, normally with a braid in her left bangs. Her eyes are bright green and her face is round and deceivingly sweet-looking. Like other drow, her ears stick outwards rather than run with her cheekbones. She dons herself with custom studded leather and normally has her ebony sword Gleam and glass sword Severe by her side. She also has a bow that only leaves her back to be in her hands.

Backstory; Like most drow children, Mesiri was sent out into the world to learn about its harsh ways in order to better prepare her for adulthood (which she would reach at a hundred years of age). She has already learned many skills needed for survival and even more for the art of warfare. She thoroughly enjoys a good fight, but hates taking things too far or taking anything at all seriously.

Everyone tells me the world is a cruel place, and they're right. That doesn't mean I can't have fun in it, now does it? I'm going to be a lot older than anyone up here before I go, but I don't care if I have a hundred years or a thousand, I'm going to spend it my way. Walls don't hold me and cages don't hold me. Nothing's held me for more than a few minutes outside of my mother's womb. My blades have crossed many throats and many guts and, once or twice, my lips. If you want to fight me, I'll oblige, but draw blood and I'll draw your heart. Ain't lost anything once, 'cept a coin I flung in the air. Men fear me; mer adore me; and creatures run faster from me than anyone else when I bring up a bow. You can have fun with me and play too, or I can have fun playing with you. The difference is you won't like it if I'm playing all alone.

Dar'Aava

Very nice guys! Dunk feel free to post in the private thread. and dont worry about it minstreal as you can see im not to good at grammer or ponctuation and thats ok this will be a very laid back rp so just have fun.

Very good :), I have just posted another section from my character. She is quite rude to you btw ;), Feel free to react however you want. But if you do decide to confront her at all don't make it so that your character pins her down in an instant or whatever. I know you character and mine are both quite similar in a way (except you have a tail) and you will also have fast reflexes.

Anyway basically what I am saying is if you are going to go into combat with her can you message me so we can agree what happens so we are both happy :)

Thanks.

P.S my character is a lot different when she is sober and is not an alcoholic or anything. She has just had a rough week.

I, uh, think you responded to the wrong post.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Okay, guys, I'm diving into the deep end here. Opinions as well as criticisms are always welcome.

Name: Doonkur

Race: Khajiit

Class: Assassin, thief

Skills: Archery, pickpocket, lockpicking, speech, stealth

Physical description: Doonkur is a slim 6'3", 190 pounds. What he lacks in heft, he more than makes up for it in speed. Even after being caught several times while attempting a pick pocket or trying to pick a lock, he always manages to escape. He knows and is very thankful of his renowned Khajiit night vision and claws. The latter has saved his hide numerous times, assisting him in scaling walls that no human could ever hope to scale. The former, as one would imagine, has showed him many ways out of dire situations, whether it's evading guards or victims of his thievery.

Back story: I never knew my parents. Not even a sliver of information on either of them, and Talos knows I've searched high and low for any crumbs of their existence. I don't know if they're still alive or not. My earliest memory is of being a member of Ri'Saad's caravan. I always had the sense of family with them, and the travelling offered many experiences and new sights to see. I had always assumed he and Khayla were my parents. Until the day Khayla and I went for a walk, and she told me the truth. I think I was 10 years old. I don't really remember my age at the time because my world seemed to spiral out of control after hearing the news. What I thought I knew turned out to be false. She said I was more than welcome to stay with the caravan for as long as I wanted, even becoming a life member if I so chose. At 10 years old, I didn't have much choice, but I was still grateful for the offer and I mentioned this to both of them.

As I got older, she started to train me in ways to be stealthy. I had no idea there were so many facets of being sneaky without getting caught. I absorbed everything she taught me. Everything. Every now and then, we would cross paths with the other caravans. Ahkari led one of them, while Ma'dran was the leader of the other. When she felt I was old enough, Khayla began to encourage me to travel with the others, as she felt I still had a lot to learn.

Ahkari himself taught me how to successfully pick someone's pocket without being caught. After all, what's the sense of picking a pocket and not getting away with it? He always said that, which is why I still remember it to this day. Well, that and the fact it made perfect sense. Dro'marash schooled me in the ways of speech. Everyone can speak, but it's how you say something that could turn the tide in your favor. I spent four years with them. Four wonderful years of travelling the Dawnstar to Riften route, learning all I could.

At 21 years old, I joined Ma'dran's caravan, again at the urging of both Ahkari and Dro'marash. "Urging" is probably not the proper word for this situation, as I had no objections for a chance to learn more from the members of Ma'dran's caravan. Picking locks was my next subject to master, and Ma'jhad was my teacher. Four more years passed and looking back, it all seems like a blur.

I eventually rejoined Ri'saad's caravan, staying with them for another year. They were the closest I could ever hope to get for a real family. After all, they provided me with my earliest memories of childhood. I departed amicably, with Khayla constantly reminding me that I was always welcome back. During my time alone on the road, I fulfilled numerous contracts for the Dark Brotherhood as well the Thieves Guild in Riften. This enabled me to put into practice all I had learned from my highly skilled teachers.

Having just turned 30 years old, I feel like a lost, wandering soul. I'd never felt that way with any of the caravans. Ever. The search for my parents, or any clues about them, continues. I sometimes wonder if they'd be proud or scornful of the path my life has taken. Or rather, the path I've chosen.

Very good :), I have just posted another section from my character. She is quite rude to you btw ;), Feel free to react however you want. But if you do decide to confront her at all don't make it so that your character pins her down in an instant or whatever. I know you character and mine are both quite similar in a way (except you have a tail) and you will also have fast reflexes.

Anyway basically what I am saying is if you are going to go into combat with her can you message me so we can agree what happens so we are both happy :)

Thanks.

P.S my character is a lot different when she is sober and is not an alcoholic or anything. She has just had a rough week.

That's better. I was confused as heck when you sent that to me. Mostly because of the tail thing.