Pickpocket to Level 100 in 3 hours

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Snail

Hero of Slime
Okay pickpocket is one of the most rewarding skills to level up if you wish to be a theif. The only problem is...its a little tricky to pull off without being attacked by the whole friggin town. Well last night I decided to level up my pickpocketting because I needed some cash so heres what i did to do it:

1) Join the Theives Guild- okay this is the MOST important part of this method. Even if you dont want to do the quests (well if you want to be a good theif i highly reccomend doing the guild quests) you have to join to use this method.

2) Get a low bounty in whiterun (around 45 bounty)- okay what i did was failed a pickpocket and ran like a girl out of town and waited 3 days then re-entered Whiterun. And went to Dragonsreech.This is also a must in order to do the trick.

3) Talk to a guard- he will say "Wait I know you" tell him that he's making a mistake and he'll say there is no mistake. Then tell him your in the guild and bribe him. (NOTE-THIS ALSO RAISES SPEECH-Yay)

4) SAVE

5) Pickpocket your gold back- this (if successful) will raise your pickpocket by 1. If you fail just reload the save before you attempted to pickpocket the guard

6) Rinse and repeat on different guards (ALWAYS SAVE BEFORE PICKPOCKETTING)- DONT EVER DO THIS TO THE SAME GUARD WITHIN 24 HURS

7) Go to guard barracks and use the same method. Rinse and repeat until you are level 100

It also helps to use the perks in the pickpocket tree. Lightfingers and cut purse are the most effective in this method,

Well, there you go. In about 3 hours and 30 minutes you'll be up to 100. Please leave feedback :D

Hmm, so basically level pickpocket through save/reload? Seems to me that if you're willing to do it that way, you could skip all those steps and just go pickpocketing the nearest person, making sure to only take one thing at a time. If successful, save, if not, reload. If you run out of things to steal, I suppose you could place items and steal them back, though I'm not 100% that actually works.

Regardless, I would never level any skill this way. Exploiting save/reload this way kills the game in my book and is something I refuse to do in any game. Reload when you die, accidentally disenchant some item or earn a 1000 gold bounty cause of a misclick... sure, that's fair enough. Anything else is an exploit imo.

If you think that is exploiting try my trick for sneak, go to the barracks and sticky tape your joystick so you are constantly sneaking in the corner, go to bed wake up and what do you know 100 sneak and a god 4-6 levels

Sneaking against a wall while AFK is a different sort of exploit because it uses the game mechanics to achieve something, but in some way that the game wasn't intended to be played.

Save/reload has been around forever, in any game where you can save and load at all. Using it to stop anything bad from happening is an exploit, but instead of exploiting the game mechanics it exploits the basic mechanics of saving and reloading.

I recall doing it a lot back in the early 90's when I was a teenager, until I decided it just makes the game pointless as there's no feeling of reward without risk and effort. So unless the consequence is death, or it happened because of a misclick or some misunderstanding, I never reload. In any game.

Of course, if the OP or anyone else out there really has fun with this, then by all means go for it.

Snail

Hero of Slime
All I was trying to do was give you guys a tip if you wanted to do it that way. I understand why some of you woukd see this as an exploit and why some dont believein save reload. The truth is you really only have to save reload until you are level 30 in pickpocket then you dont have to at all. Win, win?

It's alright mate. I'm not flaming you or trashing your post.

I was likewise trying to give you a tip: that 1) Save/reload is a fairly obvious, old trick you can use in almost any game, and 2) you should consider whether you're actually playing the game when you do it.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Do you know what would be an easy way to do this? Get an item with a pickpocketing enchantment, then disenchant and add it to a ring, necklace, bracers, etc. Plus the Thieves Guild stuff and you should be fine.

Straumgald

Also, steal the strange amulet and sell it back to Calixo over and over again. 100 pickpocket and as much money as you can stand sitting there making. Takes a pretty high PP or talent points in it to get chances around 40% though.