• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Kalib

Kalib had been sitting in the Bannered Mare with all of his new friends. But while all of them had been getting to know one another, through various means, serious evil had been active. Many merchants had been getting attacked during the night and the small hours of the morning. Blood and entrails could be found at the sites of the attacks, but very few bodies had been found. Aside from that, little of the merchants' wares had been taken. With the soldiers concentrating on the dragons that had made their comeback, and the remnants of the Stormcloaks that had been roaming around, few in the way of soldiers could be spared. To that end, a soldier entered into the Bannered Mare holding a piece of parchment. After a few moments of looking around the soldier unrolled the parchment and began reading.

"The Jarl of Whiterun doth decree that anyone looking to aid in the effort of protecting, or finding those whom attack merchants while traveling to or from Whiterun, may find themselves being thanked and rewarded by our Jarl! That be all, good citizens!"

And with that said, the soldier left after rolling up the parchment.

Agandaur listened to the news with great concern. "This one thinks that there should be an investigation. Whether we choose to admit it or not, this is our home, we should protect it." He took a long swig of mead and let his words sit heavy on the group at the table.

fish-with-feathers

King of Trash
    "This is troublesome, it could hinder my network."

Ardarume took a long drink of her wine, mulling things over in her mind. Yes, something would have to be done. It would not do for her web of contacts and connections to be disrupted. No, it would not do at all. Putting her cup down, she sighed inwardly. She did not relish the thought of being forced to endure the company of the babbling monkeys that currently sat with her. However if they could be used to protect her "assets" at no expensive to her then she would bide them longer.

She smiled.

"Yes," she agreed with Agandaur, twirling a small flame in one gloved hand, "I do believe whatever is threatening this land is asking for a rather fiery end."

Kalib

((As a point of fairness, I'll not be playing Kalib in this adventure. And. Due to the amount of waiting you two have already done, do you want to proceed and let the others catch up, or wait for them?))

Kalib

"If you two are to become the heroes of Whiterun, then as a bounty hunter of prifession, my advice to the two of you is to begin with the guards. They may have information that you can use to your advantage in your efforts to track down the culprits. At the very least they can give you the location of the last attack. There may still be evidence to use in aid and effort to finding your quarry. I may join you if I can, but I have need to see a friend about my blades. Good hunting to you b, friends."

Kalib said with a half smile before he took a ling drink from his tankard. His smile was still present as he looked between Agandaur and Ardrume.

fish-with-feathers

King of Trash
    "This maggot presumes me to be unlearned. How...revolting."

Ardarume nodded slowly. "Yes, the guard indeed would be a good start." she agreed, "They tend to know much of the one goings of the land. I also intended to send word to my associates, as they to are quiet well informed. As such I will take my leave for now." She looked at Agandaur as she begain to rise out of her chair "Let us meet up again here in a few hours."

Agandaur looked between Kalib and Ardarume, with something almost like anticipation in his one good eye. Then he turned serious. "Indeed, we shall meet here,"
    Agandaur woundered how this little Altmer could be so commanding, but he was happy to let someone else take the lead, he had never liked being in charge. As he walked out, he realised that he could die on this mission.
    He called to Ardaume, "Do be careful, this one does not like to bury friends, new or old." With that, he walked off toward the companions long house.

fish-with-feathers

King of Trash
    Ardarume gave a cruel inward smile as her "companion" called his warning to her.

"I am not so easily buried, of that you can be sure worm."

She watched him leave before she too moved for the door, nodding to Kalib as she left. Once outside she swiftly made her way through the marketplace, finally stopping in front of a seemingly small house nestled in the Plains Disctict. Unlocking the door, she entered and strode quickly over to the small study. There was much to be done.

Kalib

Kalib watched them as they left, then decided to take his leave of the tavern as well. He left a small sum of twenty coins, for drinks and damages done during his small skirmish with Caesar. He left the tavern and watched Agandaur make his way towards the Mead Hall of the Companions. Ardarume had left his sight, but had he wanted, he could have tracked her by scent. Slayer kept in stride as he and Kalib moved towards the mead hall.

"You go to the Companions? To what end?"

Kalib asked as he walked behind his Khajit friend. Some time after catching up, Kalib stood before the doors of the hall. A few thoughts crossed his mind, but for only a few moments before he began to pet Slayer.

((Ms. Mooney, I'll leave you to play out scene with your contacts. I'll play the part of the Companions, until you guys start doing other things. And stuff.))

When Agandaur arrived at Jorrvaskr, he waisted no time with pleasantries. He found Vilkas, and immediately started asking questions. "This one apologizes for the unpleasantness, but there are deeply disturbing events unfolding. This one wonders friend if you have heard anything."

Meanwhile, Scarlett finally finished her sketches of Slayer, only to look up and realize that all of her new companions and old friends had long since left the inn. She recalled the solider entering and putting out a reward for who so ever could bring the perpetrator of a grim string of murders to justice.

Really Scarlett? Get your head out of the snow! It's this kind of behavior that got you mugged in Windhelm!

After scolding herself for her carelessness, she puzzled over where everyone would have gone. She figured they were most likely out scouring for information; They had all been looking for work after all. Scarlett decided to go out into town and attempt to gather information of her own.

Time to start pulling my own weight. It's a good thing I know just the place to start!

The bodies that were found had to be buried, and while Scarlett didn't know much about Skyrim's culture and customs, she guessed that there was a pretty good chance that the Nords also had priests that perform rituals and rites on the dead to ensure the soul's safe travel into the afterlife before burial. The priests would have had examined the bodies, and thusly could perhaps help identify what was used to murder them.

After inquiring of the bartender where such priests might be found, Scarlett left in search of Andurs, Whiterun's resident priest of Arkay and caretaker to the Hall of the Dead.

Kalib

Vilkas looked at Agandaur with a bit of suspicion. He wasn't as intelligent as his twin brother Farkas, but when the Khajit began speaking of the attacks that had been occurring as of late.

"Yeah, I know a little bit about that. Not much to tell really. Out of all the merchants that had been attacked, only a few were killed. At least killed around here. We keep getting the scent of old dead blood. Like vampires. But we can't be sure. The trails all split up. That's all the information we know so far. The Jarl hasn't asked us to step in and investigate, so that's the only reason we haven't tried to solve things ourselves."

Vilkas stated to Agandaur before giving a nod to Kalib. Meanwhile as Scarlett saw fit to investigate the Halls of the Dead, she was met by its caretaker.

"Yes, young one. Is there something I could assist you with, my dear?"

fish-with-feathers

King of Trash
    Ardarume stood and stretched her thin fingers. It had taken her a little while but she now had a set of letters informing her various associates of the situation and instructions for them to let her know whatever they could about it. Though it would likely take awhile for any word to arrive, making her method slower than her current "companions", it would provide her with a constant stream of information.

Leaving the house, she began to stroll back towards the inn, stopping briefly to pass her letters off to a courier and passing him a few extra coins as "motivation". Finally reaching her destination, she entered and moved over to the table that they had been seated at previously. Ordering some more wine, she produced her research notes, along with a few connected books, and picked up her work where she had left it a few nights prior.

Zan'kir stood at the gates of the strange walled city. Whiterun, as the local Nords called it. Getting in had been difficult for the young Khajiit mage. Outsider, mage, and he had an elven dagger strapped to his belt. The guards had vaguely threatened him as he stepped inside, something about "Dragonsreach Dungeon." He paid them little attention as he stepped inside, witnessing a transaction involving a number of letters. Easy, he cautioned himself. The last time he tried poking his nose into a city's dark affairs it nearly ended him. He clutched the amulet of Mara under his dusty apprentice robes, shuddering at the unpleasant memory. He shook himself from his stupor and walked to the local inn, softly humming a few lines from "Ragnar the Red" and chuckling at the end of it. He hadn't meant to follow the female figure back to the local inn, it just happened. Thankfully she didn't seem to care and set about her work. Zan'kir found a comfortable corner in the inn and ordered some bread, meat, and water. Not risking inebriation in his first night, that and alcohol had always tasted horrible anyway. He ate without a word and silently prayed after the meal. He prayed for Mara's guidance once again, asking her to watch over his deceased sister as well, softly mumbling to himself as he did so.

(This is my first go. Please forgive me if I blunder around a bit.)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts