• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hershangames

Hey you were right it's cheaper in amazon! At this rate I can only say one thing:

I'm so gonna buy this game

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

hershangames

I still javen't got the chance bjt either today of tomorrow I'm going down to the game store and buy one

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

hershangames

[Sorry for double posting]
I've bought it and so far it seems pretty cool. It is true that the graphics are a bit lacking but at the same time the game mechanic seems to be much better.
I really like how you can customize your class and the way spells work. It's real useful for battle mages(I tried being one in Skyrim but dropped it).

lyndi_dather

Spell Slinging Derp
It's definitely worth buying in my opinion, and so is the game before it, Morrowind. If you are able to ignore the visuals and enjoy the game for it's content, then you will have an amazing time! [emoji86]

hershangames

Well I've already bought Oblivion but I'm not sure i'm in for Morrowind. Even though visuals aren't the essence of the game, in this case it can be too much for me. And not only that, but the combat mode is sure to be more limited in such an old game.

I'm not.saying it's a bad game, in fact I think it's a great feat for that time(just like all elder scrolls), but it hasn't aged well.
That aside, I do love Oblivion.

lyndi_dather

Spell Slinging Derp
Well I've already bought Oblivion but I'm not sure i'm in for Morrowind. Even though visuals aren't the essence of the game, in this case it can be too much for me. And not only that, but the combat mode is sure to be more limited in such an old game.

I'm not.saying it's a bad game, in fact I think it's a great feat for that time(just like all elder scrolls), but it hasn't aged well.

Hmm idk, I know a lot of people that would disagree and say it aged very well. Of course, they played it when it came out, not two titles later though. It's a different experience playing something that old if you did on release compared to now for instance.

You won't know until you play it [emoji85]

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale

I would've enjoyed Morrowind thoroughly if the combat mechanics weren't so downright broken. It's hard to describe; essentially your character is stabbing and hacking at something over and over again without actually hitting it. Yet even worse, spells could simply fail, yet still consume magica, and this would often happen in a critical situation. No.. the combat was simply unexceptable. I gave up on it after about a month and a half. Moved on to Oblivion and appreciated it a thousand times more because of my experience with Morrowind.

lyndi_dather

Spell Slinging Derp
I would've enjoyed Morrowind thoroughly if the combat mechanics weren't so downright broken. It's hard to describe; essentially your character is stabbing and hacking at something over and over again without actually hitting it. Yet even worse, spells could simply fail, yet still consume magica, and this would often happen in a critical situation. No.. the combat was simply unexceptable. I gave up on it after about a month and a half. Moved on to Oblivion and appreciated it a thousand times more because of my experience with Morrowind.
The combat is more or so a dice roll, you just have to learn it. I never have problems hitting my target. Did you level up and of your skills correctly? Keep in mind, an opponents armor skills factors in it too, same as yours.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
The combat is more or so a dice roll, you just have to learn it. I never have problems hitting my target. Did you level up and of your skills correctly? Keep in mind, an opponents armor skills factors in it too, same as yours.

A roll of the dice it was. Yet understanding it and liking it are two different things. My character got better at hitting as he leveled up, but you hit or miss depending on a number of statistical factors. There's no learning it. I don't know if I leveled up correctly. The game gives the illusion that strikes are on target. Cliff Racers seemed especially hard to hit, presumably because they're flying around everywhere, which I had to be content with imagining since they conveniently flap away right above your head. And there's so many of them! Plus, I just couldn't abide spells failing. Don't get me wrong though, it was a wonderful game in many other ways: The soundtrack, (the same which plays on Solstheim in Skyrim), the echoing groan of stressed metal in Dwemer ruins, intense blinding duststorms, raging thunderstorms, (a booming lightning flash made me jump once!). And from what I read, the story becomes quite amazing. It's too bad that I simply couldn't drive myself to progress far enough to experience it. I went out and bought an Xbox just to play Morrowind because I've been forever sucked into Elderscrolls lore. I don't regret the decision, it just wasn't for me. :beermug:

lyndi_dather

Spell Slinging Derp
A roll of the dice it was. Yet understanding it and liking it are two different things. My character got better at hitting as he leveled up, but you hit or miss depending on a number of statistical factors. There's no learning it. I don't know if I leveled up correctly. The game gives the illusion that strikes are on target. Cliff Racers seemed especially hard to hit, presumably because they're flying around everywhere, which I had to be content with imagining since they conveniently flap away right above your head. And there's so many of them! Plus, I just couldn't abide spells failing. Don't get me wrong though, it was a wonderful game in many other ways: The soundtrack, (the same which plays on Solstheim in Skyrim), the echoing groan of stressed metal in Dwemer ruins, intense blinding duststorms, raging thunderstorms, (a booming lightning flash made me jump once!). And from what I read, the story becomes quite amazing. It's too bad that I simply couldn't drive myself to progress far enough to experience it. I went out and bought an Xbox just to play Morrowind because I've been forever sucked into Elderscrolls lore. I don't regret the decision, it just wasn't for me. :beermug:
Of course, I understand, but what I'm saying is if you only leveled up, but never focused on specific weapon skills, then that's why. Your opponents armor also affects your combat effectiveness. I hit my opponent about 90% of the time, so I'm just trying to help you understand [emoji86]

lyndi_dather

Spell Slinging Derp
Ahh and magic and bow work the same way.

John Beck

Nordic Hero
Oblivion is a different creature all together. The open builds you can make in Skyrim, really don't pan out in Oblivion. You need to be more strict in your build. Attribute levels matter!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts