PC not getting all vampire powers

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Goblin King

the title pretty much says it all: I'm not getting all the vampire powers. I have the vampiric appearance & the resist disease, frost, and poison effects, and Vampire's Sight for some reason; but none of the other activated abilities, weakness to fire or sunlight, or passive effects. I could manually add some of the powers but then the stages of vampirism wouldn't progress/revert with feeding. all in all, it's pretty integral to this character and pretty immersion breaking. all in all, I'm pretty frustrated, because I thought I finally had everything in working order and could just go on with my little bloody stabby kitty cat fantasy but alas Todd Howard had other plans for me

considering I've spent the last four days or so struggling with mods wrecking the Dark Brotherhood questline, I figured that was probably it, but starting a brand-new game in vanilla (save for Alternate Start because I'm not sitting through the carriage scene just so I can check vampirism real quick) rendered the same results. I verified files both for Skyrim SE and SKSE (since that's what I'm mostly running through) -- still persists. it is also worth noting that I am granting vampirism through console commands, but I've done this many times (the rp character I'm playing is a long running vampire + I've had to restart like three times to make DB work lmao) and vampirism has always worked just fine. scouring the internet has also provided no answers -- I've found one or two old threads people complaining about similar or the same issues, but generally with no replies or with a solution that is not relevant to me (such as the issue resulting from a mod I don't and never have used). and again, I tested it in vanilla and the issue was still there

so, it's not a mod, it's not the local files, and it's not because it was activated with a command. I can only imagine that something strange and ridiculous is missing or has become misaligned in a way that verifying local files won't catch, but I have no idea how to go about figuring out what that is or how to fix it. really even so much as a suggestion on where else to look besides the above pathways would be quite helpful

I just want to burn in the sunlight again

Last edited:

Goblin King

update: using Frostfall, I felt like I was freezing way more than I usually do on that character so I went and checked those settings and it appears that Frostfall is not recognizing me as a vampire. I assume that probably holds true for other parts of the game as well, but I have no idea how to go about checking. but like, clearly I'm at least partially recognized because I do get the comments from NPCs about it, and I can feed, but it's not recognizing me as a vampire for the sake of assigning the appropriate powers/abilities.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts