• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
Hi!

I started a new build and went straight into the Civil War Quest. I was told to go to Whiterun and deliver a message to the Jarl. Once I got there, I told him I needed to give him the message, but he said he had Dragon problems. After I spoke with Forendar, whom the Jarl instructed me to speak to, and retrieved the Dragonstone that the Wizard wanted, who do I run into... Delphine! All decked out in her Blades gear and hood. She is seating there, leaning over that Wizard's desk, having a conversation with him. I've never seen that before.

What new things have you encountered during a fresh play-through?

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
you have pix?? t-ts of GTFO! really though must be a weird bug... document that thang.

ShadowGambit

No, Delphine SHOULD be there when you return the Dragonstone to Farengar.

She is the reliable source Farengar talked about and she is very well aware of the situation.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
No, Delphine SHOULD be there when you return the Dragonstone to Farengar.

She is the reliable source Farengar talked about and she is very well aware of the situation.
That's what I figured, but this is the first time I've actually seen her speak with him. Maybe it has something to do with me not starting the main quest until I was sent to Whiterun to deliver the message.

Drecon

I think the only way to not see Delphine there is to pick up the Dragonstone before speaking to Farengar first (usually if you do the Golden Claw quest before going to Whiterun)

Dallas-Arbiter

That's what I figured, but this is the first time I've actually seen her speak with him. Maybe it has something to do with me not starting the main quest until I was sent to Whiterun to deliver the message.

You can do like Alvor says, and go straight to Balgruuf, right after you get out of Helgen, and he'll have you do the job for Farengar and Delphine will be there when you get back. In leather armor. I figure she was in Blades armor because you were so far into the civil war, cause if you bypass the Civil War until the end of the main quest, she shows up at High Hrothgar at the peace conference in her blades armor.

But I did notice something odd today, I was at this little Silver ore deposit off the south side of the road that goes from Whiterun to the Western Watchtower. It's fairly close to my house. It's a random encounter spot, but this time there was a Vigilant of Stendarr there, mining the ore. Never seen that before.

Tosh Raka

Tiger Dragon of Ka'Po'Tun
You can do like Alvor says, and go straight to Balgruuf, right after you get out of Helgen, and he'll have you do the job for Farengar and Delphine will be there when you get back. In leather armor. I figure she was in Blades armor because you were so far into the civil war, cause if you bypass the Civil War until the end of the main quest, she shows up at High Hrothgar at the peace conference in her blades armor.

But I did notice something odd today, I was at this little Silver ore deposit off the south side of the road that goes from Whiterun to the Western Watchtower. It's fairly close to my house. It's a random encounter spot, but this time there was a Vigilant of Stendarr there, mining the ore. Never seen that before.

thought he was playing at the very beginning, blades armor and all in the start would have been cool but a spoiler. anyways, mining silver ore??? hmm perhaps to make a silver sword to kil some vampires... Hmm.

Clau

The Fateless One
My new and strange encounter happened awhile ago: a group of wandering Forsworn are not hostile. One foragger just said: "Yes?". Still, I killed them all.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim

I've never done the peace conference. How do I start it?

Unit7

To start the Peace Treaty quest you can't beat the Civil War. You have to do all the dragon quests up until you capture a dragon at Dragon's Reach. If the Civil War is still going on Balgruuf will refuse to let you capture the dragon unless there is a peace treaty. Wich starts the quest.

I am always finding new stuff in Skyrim. Some quests I have never completed or ones I did very early on and completely forgot about it. I have yet to actually finish the Thieves Guild and College quests. Furthest I got in the Thieves guild was after beating Mercery Fray. As for the College I only ever got past Sarthaal. or whatever the name is.

But I can bet you that there are still dozens of caves and stuff I have yet to explore.

Oh and I think very recently was the first time I had two boys come up to me and tell me about some Dwarven Ruin. Before then I can't remember a single time where that's happened.

To me. The day I discover everything in Skyrim is the day I become very depressed. :sadface:

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
To start the Peace Treaty quest you can't beat the Civil War. You have to do all the dragon quests up until you capture a dragon at Dragon's Reach. If the Civil War is still going on Balgruuf will refuse to let you capture the dragon unless there is a peace treaty. Wich starts the quest.

I am always finding new stuff in Skyrim. Some quests I have never completed or ones I did very early on and completely forgot about it. I have yet to actually finish the Thieves Guild and College quests. Furthest I got in the Thieves guild was after beating Mercery Fray. As for the College I only ever got past Sarthaal. or whatever the name is.

But I can bet you that there are still dozens of caves and stuff I have yet to explore.

Oh and I think very recently was the first time I had two boys come up to me and tell me about some Dwarven Ruin. Before then I can't remember a single time where that's happened.

To me. The day I discover everything in Skyrim is the day I become very depressed. :sadface:
IMO the college's quests are the most boring faction quests in the game. Perhaps because I've done it a few times, but It's mostly spectace rather than substance.
Anyway, I'm always starting anew (generally because I suddenly want to use 2h weapons or vice versa.) so I'm always noticing new things each time. It's also always nice to come across a cave or dungeon that I haven't seen before, which is surprisingly often.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Apologies for the three week old bump, but I ran into this the other night, figured I'd share the screenies of the conversation. Ignore the fact that my character is wearing dragon armor, it's a heavily modded save file.

2012-08-25_00001.jpg

2012-08-25_00002.jpg

2012-08-25_00003.jpg

2012-08-25_00004.jpg

2012-08-25_00005.jpg

2012-08-25_00006.jpg

2012-08-25_00007.jpg

2012-08-25_00008.jpg

2012-08-25_00009.jpg

2012-08-25_00010.jpg

2012-08-25_00011.jpg

2012-08-25_00012.jpg

2012-08-25_00013.jpg

2012-08-25_00014.jpg

2012-08-25_00015.jpg

2012-08-25_00016.jpg

Phenomenal TJ

The One And Only
Found a random wandering bard on my way to Solitude.

Rainbow

Criminal Scum
I started a new save not that long ago, and this time around I decided to explore rather than go straight to Whiterun. When I finally decided to go there, I came across Cicero. In all the save files I've made, I never knew Cicero was right outside of Whiterun.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
I started a new save not that long ago, and this time around I decided to explore rather than go straight to Whiterun. When I finally decided to go there, I came across Cicero. In all the save files I've made, I never knew Cicero was right outside of Whiterun.

Yeah, his wagon broke down outside that farm.

If you return later, you'll find the farmers both dead.