• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Very Black Cat

Okay, I want to back to Skyrim and I want new character. He (or she, doesn't matter) needs to be an asshole. Looks like an asshole, has backstory for asshole. Oh, and s/he needs to be a mage (never played as a mage ;))

I need:

Name
Race
Imperials or Stormcloaks?

Anyone? Help? :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Argonian serial killer living in the sewer under Golden Glow Estate and only emerging to wantonly murder, rob and create general havoc.

It's great fun and I even have a chest to store things.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Telvanni wizard.

Not sure about a first name but throw Fyr in for the last name to give him a strong bloodline and a general haughtiness.

Dunmer are naturally xenophobic. Telvanni wizards are an even more exclusive lot. Ousted by his own master (a true Telvanni wizard) for causing his mushroom tower to vanish into thin air (along with the servants and perhaps some family) he was banished to Skyrim as a lesson. It isn't sinking in and now he hates Dunmer as much as everyone else.

The civil war is beneath him. He wouldn't lift a finger for either cause since the only thing he cares about is himself and his quest for knowledge and power (and perhaps revenge for his banishment to the land of neanderthals).

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Nord men tend to look like assholes if you make them look snooty. :D As far as a name goes, look online at some Norse male names, that will give you good ideas. Also, if he's a mage, he may not want to take part in the war, but I think if he were to take sides he would take the side of the Imperials, since Imperials in Cyrodiil are more open to magic than Nords are in Skyrim. :)

Daelon DuLac

I don't think that mage could be a serial killer :p
Depends on the mage. I created an Altmer mage who just killed everybody he came across (usually at night) and lived in Blind Cliff Cave. He was wicked with his Ice Spears.

Very Black Cat

And now I have no idea what should I do D: Naginata has really good idea, but from the other hand, W'rkncacnter has even better idea... Do you know any mod when using it I don't have to choose between sides?

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
Unfortunately I'm an Xbox player, so I don't use mods, but you don't actually have to join a side. Usually my characters completely avoid the war altogether, so you don't have to if you don't want to!

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Well, I guess it would depend on what spells you want to cast, if you want to have starting bonuses in those schools, if you want an additional starting spell, any unique racial powers, and so on. Pure mage (No weapons), Spellsword (Light Armor & Weapons),or Battlemage (Heavy Armor, maybe a shield, casting spells)?

An Altmer is inherently seen as an asshole, because of the Thalmor, and their general appearance. Plus, this races is a good starting point for most spell casters due to all of their bonuses are in the Mage skills.

Bretons are the second best Mage choice, as they have the second highest amount of starting bonuses in the Mage skills.

A Nord would be an option, because of their inherent fear/hatred of magic, as it is usually associated with the hated elves. Maybe a daughter that hates her parents, so she runs off to be a mage, to spite her family.

Khajiit would be another option, because like Nords, they have no starting racial bonuses towards spells, so you could infer another race that looks down on spell casting.

Bosmers are the only other race without any bonuses towards Mage skills. Orcs only have the bonus in Enchanting.

Personally, I would go with an Altmer, who was tossed out of the Thalmor after failing to assassinate Ulfric, which happened when she was caught by the Imperials took her, along with the rest of the criminals in the sting that captured Ulfric, to be beheaded at Helgen. Play her as hating Ulfric, because he got her caught, and hating the Thalmor for expelling her for failing to kill Ulfric. She might side with the Imperials, to get her revenge on Ulfric, pursuing the Dragonborn questline to infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy, to eliminate them entirely, and then going after Giants & Mammoths just because.

Race: Altmer
Name: Mormeril (Black Rose, from here: http://elf.namegeneratorfun.com/)

Okay, I want to back to Skyrim and I want new character. He (or she, doesn't matter) needs to be an asshole. Looks like an asshole, has backstory for asshole. Oh, and s/he needs to be a mage (never played as a mage ;))

I need:

Name
Race
Imperials or Stormcloaks?

Anyone? Help? :)

Very Black Cat

Thank you :) another great back story. And just like you, I thought that Altmers are assholes. But the option with Nordic daughter is also great.

Sent using my Galaxy Tab 3 via Tapatalk

Bulldog

Race: Argonian
Name: Rumplesnakeskin
Cilvil War side: Neither. Just go with Hadvar when you leave helgen and you can get free stuff form the blacksmith at Riverwood. After that just don't do the civil war quest line.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
Not sure if I'm too late, but here's my ideas! (They're kinda dark, but he'll definitely be an asshole)

Your character could suffer from major Antisocial Personality Disorder, AKA he's a psychopath/sociopath. He has no remorse, is selfish, narcissistic, manipulative, etc. He was born this way. As a child, he would torture the local dogs and livestock and then kill them. As he got a little older, he killed his parents, and then raped and killed his sister and fled his home town. Find a cave for him to live in, and at night he goes out and murders people he passes by. Join the Dark Brotherhood and become Listener for sure, you could live out of the DB sanctuary.

Race: High Elf, Dark Elf, Nord, or Breton.

Name: I suck at names.

Major Skills: Illusion (get the perk that silences all your spells so you can sneak), Destruction, Sneak, Speech, Enchanting.
Minor Skills: Alteration, lock picking, alchemy.

The War: I wouldn't choose a side. As a psychopath, he wouldn't care either way unless it has some sort of connection to him.

He worships no gods, or daedra. He is is own man, plus he thinks he is better than them anyway.

JoeReese

Not sure if I'm too late, but here's my ideas! (They're kinda dark, but he'll definitely be an asshole)

Your character could suffer from major Antisocial Personality Disorder, AKA he's a psychopath/sociopath. He has no remorse, is selfish, narcissistic, manipulative, etc. He was born this way. As a child, he would torture the local dogs and livestock and then kill them. As he got a little older, he killed his parents, and then raped and killed his sister and fled his home town. Find a cave for him to live in, and at night he goes out and murders people he passes by. Join the Dark Brotherhood and become Listener for sure, you could live out of the DB sanctuary.

Race: High Elf, Dark Elf, Nord, or Breton.

Name: I suck at names.

Major Skills: Illusion (get the perk that silences all your spells so you can sneak), Destruction, Sneak, Speech, Enchanting.
Minor Skills: Alteration, lock picking, alchemy.

The War: I wouldn't choose a side. As a psychopath, he wouldn't care either way unless it has some sort of connection to him.

He worships no gods, or daedra. He is is own man, plus he thinks he is better than them anyway.
I worry about you sometimes. (involuntary shudder)

Trekiros

Writing good villain characters 101 :
-a villain doesn't think of himself as a villain. He thinks he has an excuse, or that people are too stupid to agree with him or something like that. You can have a villain that thinks of himself as a villain, but only if there's a reason for it : he's got an extremely popular rival, he has to control his goons with an iron fist, etc..
-a good villain gets things done. You want someone who can be feared, not laughed at.
-a good villain doesn't need some dark back story. Some guy who was trained to murder is frightening, but some guy who just snapped one day, murdered his whole, perfectly fine and loving family and then unleashed his inner madness into the world is terrifying.

My illusion mage was designed as a villain. She uses people as her pawns, lies all the time and thinks only of personal gain so she doesn't care who or what becomes collateral damage. She let the civil war happen because the chaos it generated in Skyrim allowed her to act unnoticed. Until one day where she grew powerful enough that she didn't care if anybody noticed, so she just joined a camp at random, ended the war in two days, and now the camp she chose is her personal army.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Whatever your choice may be, (there are some good ones here), I disagree with not siding in the war. If you want to be an asshole, you should side: just so that you can take the oath, and then break it! The best time to do so is during the Jagged Crown mission. Take the Jagged Crown for yourself and destroy everyone else in the cave once you obtain it, (there will be a couple of "essentials" that you cannot kill, sadly). Then wear the crown proudly. Or sell it.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Whatever your choice may be, (there are some good ones here), I disagree with not siding in the war. If you want to be an asshole, you should side: just so that you can take the oath, and then break it! The best time to do so is during the Jagged Crown mission. Take the Jagged Crown for yourself and destroy everyone else in the cave once you obtain it, (there will be a couple of "essentials" that you cannot kill, sadly). Then wear the crown proudly. Or sell it.
But there needs to be a compelling reason to join the war in the first place. The character doesn't know that they will be sent to obtain the jagged crown in the future (unless you are playing him/her as some sort of seer).

Daelon DuLac

But there needs to be a compelling reason to join the war in the first place. The character doesn't know that they will be sent to obtain the jagged crown in the future (unless you are playing him/her as some sort of seer).
It's actually gotten to the point where profiteering is about the only reason most of my characters do the Civil War quests. In the long run it really doesn't make a difference to them.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
The character would join the war because he wants to fight battles in a war. It need not be more compelling than that. And sticking to the theme of this character being the biggest arseling possible, he should join the side opposite of whoever he left Helgen with, which would make him somewhat of a betrayer to both sides whenever he decided to break his oath.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts