Name 3 Things you miss about Oblivion and 3 Things you are glad are gone

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

nightmare16

here have a cookie :)
Things i miss
1.dawnfang and duskfang. it was one of my favorite things on oblivion, but there not on skyrim truly heart braking.
2.the fact that shadowmere could not die on oblivion. when i killed it on skyrim and stared at it for 20 minutes, it really broke my heart(and my wallet since i had to buy a horse afterwards).
3.the five tenets of the dark brotherhood. it may not mean much to some ppl but i liked when the dark brotherhood had some honor and respect for each other. i personally robbed them blind but still i liked it better the old way.

Things i say to hell with
1. the old map. it really pissed me off how the map was on oblivion, not that it was bad or anything. it just felt weird and the cursor moved much to slow for my liking.
2.not being able to be a were wolf and and vampire. i didnt think nothing of it until i played skyrim the first time, then i thought to myself, hey oblivion BITE ME! i wanna run around sucking on peoples blood one minute and the next eating them. thats how a true hero does it :)
3.i cant really think of a 3rd one so i say to hell with THE CRACK HEADED GERBILS OF CYRODILL I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
1. you became a god
2. the better guilds
3. cyrodiil itself

1. will-o-the wisps
2. Goblins
3. the annoying fa....I mean the Adoring fan

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
these are the things I hate about it, that are gone in Skyrim:
* the stupid locks and lack of lockpicks.
* that frustrating persuasion mini game.
* white glowy faces of the citizens. Frightening, when in closeup to you.

Things I like about Oblivion... this is hard... um..
nope. Got nothing.

Lord Vaako

becoming a god was cool, avatar of akatosh, legion armor.

Emperor dying. Repeated voice actors, lack of depth in the mages quest lines

TJ0331

Nords forever
Things I miss
1. Fighters guild
2. The adoring fan
3. Acrobatics skill

Things I don't miss
1. Bad leveling system
2. Weapons broke and had to be fixed.
3. Less unique characters and dialog.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
In no particular order.
I miss
1. Spell/Damage reflection
2. Goblins
3. The Arena

Do not miss
1. Less natural NPC faces/Lack of real facial hair
2. How spell casting was so meh.
3. How floaty combat felt, that you didn't really feel like you were making contact.

On a related note. Though most of the generic NPC's were ridiculously generic. I missed how epicly unique and standout the unique characters were. I can remember most of the standout characters far better than most of the Skyrim ones.

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it
I miss...

1. Better questlines - the stories were simply better in Oblivion. In Skyrim the only one that I think could even compare would be the Dark Brotherhood or the Thieves Guild. Even the Fighter's Guild was awesome.
2. Diversity - Chorrol to Cheydinhal. Bruma and Bravil. All the cities are so different from each other. In Skyrim I felt that everything was just really bland when it came to diversity. That's obviously a trait of the Nords. I mean Markarth and Windhelm are cool, but the different cities in Cyrodiil just made it so much more.
3. Trolling - was so much more fun in Oblivion. I mean, Cowl of Nocturnal, anyone? How about glitching for 200 gold every time you push a button. Kicking the Adoring fan off of Dive Rock? It was just so much more fun in Oblivion that it was Skyrim. (Though it is still fun in Skyrim, only a bit less so.)

What I DON'T miss-

1. THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF ABILITIES - Athletics, level up by running like an idiot. The leveling system was terrible.
2. "All hail the Champion of Cyrodiil!" - Thank you, brilliant guard, for announcing my presence. Not like I wanted to sneak somewhere or something.
3. Terrible game breaking glitches. They happen, and still do in Skyrim. But a bit less so.

CynthiaRedguard

Hammerfell Native and Natural Born Redguard
Things I miss:

-The Arena
-Cloud Ruler Temple and Blades Gear
-The Adoring Fan (A nice torch carrier eh?)

Things I don't miss:

-Freaking Daedra and Oblivion Portals
-The random assassins who pop up wherever you are.
-The woman and man who work at the arena, they've had a pole up their butts since the game came out.

ride_on

White Rose Knight
I miss the oblivion-ness more than anything. Like the ability to mountain climb by humping the cliff, that's not so good in skyrim. God damn those hills were sexy.

MetalHeadManiac

Aela's TRUE husband
Miss
1. amount of monsters to fight
2. better questlines
3. the arena
Good riddance
1. ragdoll death
2. leveling system
3. all-knowing guards

Rextoret

top kek
Miss
  • All the skills. There were so many good ones!
  • Intricate, deep, and long questlines. They all lasted a long time and were satisfying.*
  • Crazy amount of different monsters and enemies.
Don't
  • Guards with telepathic abilities and built-in motion sensors that tracked to the edge of Cyrodiil.
  • Valen Dreth.
  • Adoring Fan. What a little bugger.
*this sentence is not sexual innuendo, even if it looks like it. i promise.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I will miss:
Richly textured grass lands.
Imperial City's market place.
Slightly more functional 3rd person in combat.
Uriel Septim

Things I can do without:
Those hilarious "Kung-Fu movie" close ups!
All elves look and sound like ridiculous dorks.
Green, Shrek-like orcs.
No armor or weapon improving.
The disturbing sound that wolves make when you hit them.
Cumbersome menus.
Locks.
Skamps.
Being told I can't go that way, when there is no obvious barrier
The map, of course,
and the worst of ALL: Persuasion game.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Things I miss:
1) Mysticism. Need I even say why? They just dropped an entire skill and expected everyone to be fine with it.
2) The old Conjuration. It wasn't perfect but it at least had variation and power.
3) Being able to make spells. I, again, shouldn't even have to explain this one.
4) The book stores. I know Skyrim is full of Nords but only one? Come on Bethesda. The arcaeum (I know I misspelled it, I don't know the actual spelling) doesn't even have that many books, for a library it's pretty pathetic.
5) Better quest-lines. I still go back to Oblivion to play through the quests.
6) The Arena. What's bad is that I feel that Bethesda could have put, at least, an underground fighting quest-line. Fight Club anyone?
7) The realism behind weapons eventually breaking and being able to repair them or get them repaired.

Things I'm glad are gone:
1) The policing system. When I kill someone undetected the guards shouldn't know that I did it and place a bounty on my head.
2) The graphics. Seeing as how I don't necessarily care about graphics I didn't want to put this in, but I don't like only having one thing in this list.

zuko514

Things I miss:
Better story line
better spell,i miss the silence spell
since smiting and enchanting is not that over powering,you actually appreciate quest and dreadric items.
weapon break and persation
my monster
MY OWN STATUE!!!!!!
Don't:
keys and soul gem and repair hammer are group together
the know it all guard
useless follower
combat..

FullmetalHeart20

Miss you to bits;
1. Spell diversity like stats manipulation and unlocking
2. Reflect damage spells that turn you into fluffing Accelerator
3. Bitch slapping a Daedric Prince on your merry way to summoning a GOD to fight him.

Want you gone;
1. Lockpicking mini game
2. Ridiculous armor design
3. THE FACES! THE HIDEOUS FACES!

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
I haven't played oblivion much, but t least the guards in skyrim aren't always stealing my ear, they're just saying that they were just like the dragonborn till they got an arrow to the knee. I can relate.

Lucid

Things I miss:
  1. The Black Horse Courier
  2. Custom spells and staves
  3. Acrobatics
and much, much more

Things I don't
  1. Lockpicking
  2. The terrible map
  3. Oblivion Gates. Sure they're fun at first, but I could do without ever seeing another random one appear, in any game, ever.

Things I like...

1. Umbra. Went through almost the entirety of the game with it.
2. Unarmed skill/Mysticism. Didn't know what I liked more, punching a Daedra out, or going full on Jesus and walking on water.
3. The arena. I loved it, simple as that.
4.The quests.
5. The conjuration. It had more variety than Skyrims.

Things I hate...

1. The face models/same voices. They bother me equally, I'm either talking to a guy that looks like someone took a cheese grater to his face, or somebody who sounds like the last 50 people I've met.
2. Destruction magic, I really found it boring in Oblivion.
3. Those Goddamn beggars.
4. Oblivion. The actual realms of Oblivion were more of an annoyance than fun. With it's orange Jello lava and it's constant "Climb the tower and touch the Sigil Stone" routine.
5. NPCs interacting with each other. It's done well in Skyrim, but in Oblivion it's like two Cleverbots talking to each other.

I know you asked for three, but I'm bad at choosing so I did five.

becoming a god was cool, avatar of akatosh, legion armor.

Emperor dying. Repeated voice actors, lack of depth in the mages quest lines

You know I just found out that The Emperor was voiced by Patrick Stewart a few days ago and it blew my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts