Morrowind is not working properly on my Xbox 360

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I got Morrowind for Christmas and am excited to play it. Earlier this night, I tried it on my Xbox 360 but for some reason that didn't work properly. I've played games from the older generation on my console before, but it never gave me this kind of problems.
The screen is basically a little square in the middle of my monitor. And I don't even see 100% of the screen; just the left half. The other half is not visible. It also looks a bit blurry and double. It reminded me of watching a 3D movie without 3D glasses...

I've looked on the internet if people had similar issues, but couldn't find it anywhere. So at this point I have no idea whether it is my console, tv or the game itself.

I own an original Xbox, but had to order a few cables in order to connect it to my tv. So if I want to wait for those I won't be able to play it for at least another week. Not that I am impatient, but if it doesn't work on the original Xbox, it means that the problem is the game itself. And then I have to send it back to the store, so I want to know it on time.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
1. Hit it with a wooden spoon

2. yell at it in German or Dutch

JClarke1953

Dang! I was wondering about getting the games that preceded Skyrim, but now?

You mentioned a TV? Is it flat screen or CRT? I wouldn't know why it's doing what you're saying, but I believe the "behavior" would differ wouldn't it?

I have the black 360, a couple of year's old, and have been considering getting the games that, well, made Skyrim what it is.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I solved it by now. The mistake I made, was that I tried to change my television's settings. But what I had to do, was changing the settings in my Xbox. I went to console settings > display and then I put the resolution back to 1080p. Now it worked.

I was trying the game at my dads house, whose television is bigger than mine. So maybe the game works right away when I try it again at home tomorrow. It seems to have something to do with the resolution..

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Do you have XBox Live?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Oh, and is regular or Game of the Year Edition?

Stalker

I had a lot of trouble trying to get Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition to work properly on my 360, it was really unplayable with the extreme lag and load times.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
How did I miss you saying you solved it? Sorry, makes my questions very stupid now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts