Mod Street Journal, the Skyrim mod reviewer

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hershangames

Hello everyone there, as most people who know me know, I tend to come up with weirdass ideas just like that, and that's what drove me to write this.

Today, I woke up with with enlignment striking my mind, well, more like I was getting bored and came up with this... Anyway, enough preliminaries, let's get to the bid idea:

As the title says, it's a newspaper-like thread in which every Sunday I will be posting some mods that I think deserve notice. I will test the mods and provide a detailed review of them, stating it's good and bad things. You can PM me to recommend mods to be in this thread.

Alright then, here we go:

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

hershangames

Hello, ladies and gentleman and welcome to the first post of MOD STREET JOURNAAAL. Today we'll be focusing on a few Dark Brotherhood mods, and from next Sunday, we'll start diveraing and taking on different categories in each post. Well, let's start with mod number 5!!!

5.SAVE THE DARK BROTHERHOOD:

Now, this is a mod that has made us Dark Brotherhood fans's life a whole lot better. It's very simple actually, it allows you to avoid the deaths of all those precious brothers of yours during the Penitus Ocualtus raid.

When go to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, you'll see the Penitus Oculatus destroying your new home, in Vanilla this means the end of your family, since only Babette and Nazeer make it out alive.
[Spoiler over]

But in this mod, you'll be able to save the rest of your comrades(except Festus for some reason, I couldn't seem to find him anywhere, although I did see his Health Bar in my screen for a couple of seconds), by giving them potions or using healing hands on them when you encounter them in the Sanctuary.

You must BE AWARE however, that when you save them, two things can happen.

1. YOU MUST use potions or healing hands to save them, otherwise they'll just die and this mos becomes pointless

2. When you save them, they get in follower mod, and we all know how annoying followers can get, specially if you have that many. They might get in the middle of your way when you try to enter the Night Mother's coffin, so..yeah, be careful.

This mod also allows you to have all the brothers and sisters you saved as followers, which is great, since all of them have some pretty useful skills, and it also allows you to marry the werewolf dude(can't believe I forgot his name), which he demonstrates with some seriously unsettling sweet talk.

4.SONS IF SITHIS

Yet again, this is a very simple mod indeed. It basically allows you to recruit any follower you might have as an initiate.
This is quite useful since it kinda makes up for how dead the Dark Brotherhood lokks in the end, without need of getting into DLC sized mods.

One major drawback this mod has, however, is that once you recruit them, you can never have them as followers again, so you should probably do it followers you don't really care about.

3. DARKNESS RISES WHEN AILENCE DIES:
This is a mod that's set around 5 years after the DB's questline and it basically goes around the idea that the SB has got absolute control over Dawnstar. The place is full of banners with Dark Hand and the guards are replaced with assassins. Note that if you kill someone for the DB and get caught, they still go after you.

You might wonder why such a simple mod that doesn't really change the gameplay is number 3. Well, it's just as the previous mod, it simply makes you feel like being the listener is something big.

2. THE DARK BROTHERHOOD-THE BLACK SACRAMENT

Staying on the line if simple mods, this is one that allows you to perform the black sacrament and it actually works. You just have to read "a kiss, sweet mother", and you will be granted a spell, you use the spell and you then start collecting certain items. Once you've got the items, you read the book again and you get a scroll that when used starts the ritual. When you sleep after that, a speaker will come and ask you the name if the victim and 5000 gold, if you have the gold the victim will die in 1-3 days, if you don't , things can turn out...bad...for you.

2. DARK BRITHERHOOD FOR GOOD GUYS

Although the title sure implies it, this mod isn't all that focused towards good guys, I mean you're in the Dark Brotherhood. What it does is it adds background for your victims and enables dialogues with them through which you can learn why someone wants them dead and also not sound like a psychopath Sithis worshipper when talking to them.

It also adds a few clues as to who you have to kill during the DB's initiation and a little treasure hunt at the end.

It's really cool and you look like a cool hitman when using it. Breaking into someone's home unnoticed, casually talking to them, asking a few questions, killing them.

1.DEACONS DARK BROTHERHOOD PACK:

What this mod does is basically add a couple of new sets of both armor and weapons for the Dark Brotherhood.

Yeahz I know what you're thinking, just a few sets, first place? You have no idea how good those sets are.

Firstly, there is the simple set. You can find this one on the shelves once you enter the Falkreath's Sanctuary and in Astrid's room. They look just like the normal armor but they have different enchantments, and they come with a daedric bow with a cool enchantment and two daedric swords with their own cool enchantments.

Once you finish the questline and finish remodeling the Dawnstar Sanctuary, you will find a quite unique set in your bedroom with which you will strike fear into your enemies.

-The Listener's set of armor, I'm not sure it has any enchantment, but it looks really badass and even though it's light armor it has an armor rating equal to many heavy armors.
-A badass katana with textures that make it look on fire with an enchantment that makes creatures up to a pretty high level run away
-A badass katana with textures that make it look on fire with an enchantment that sets enemies on fire
-A whole lot of rings with enchantments for magic and melee damage.

Alright so this was all for today, I hope you enjoyed and you have downloaded every single mod I mentioned(you better have or I'm calling black sacrament). I promise a more extense post next Sunday and...well, that was all folks!!

hershangames

Hello, ladies and gentleman and welcome to the first post of MOD STREET JOURNAAAL. Today we'll be focusing on a few Dark Brotherhood mods, and from next Sunday, we'll start diveraing and taking on different categories in each post. Well, let's start with mod number 5!!!

Now, this is a mod that has made us Dark Brotherhood fans's life a whole lot better. It's very simple actually, it allows you to avoid the deaths of all those precious brothers of yours during the Penitus Ocualtus raid.

When go to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, you'll see the Penitus Oculatus destroying your new home, in Vanilla this means the end of your family, since only Babette and Nazeer make it out alive.
[Spoiler over]

But in this mod, you'll be able to save the rest of your comrades(except Festus for some reason, I couldn't seem to find him anywhere, although I did see his Health Bar in my screen for a couple of seconds), by giving them potions or using healing hands on them when you encounter them in the Sanctuary.

1. YOU MUST use potions or healing hands to save them, otherwise they'll just die and this mos becomes pointless

2. When you save them, they get in follower mod, and we all know how annoying followers can get, specially if you have that many. They might get in the middle of your way when you try to enter the Night Mother's coffin, so..yeah, be careful.

This mod also allows you to have all the brothers and sisters you saved as followers, which is great, since all of them have some pretty useful skills, and it also allows you to marry the werewolf dude(can't believe I forgot his name), which he demonstrates with some seriously unsettling sweet talk.

4.SONS IF SITHIS

Yet again, this is a very simple mod indeed. It basically allows you to recruit any follower you might have as an initiate.
This is quite useful since it kinda makes up for how dead the Dark Brotherhood lokks in the end, without need of getting into DLC sized mods.

One major drawback this mod has, however, is that once you recruit them, you can never have them as followers again, so you should probably do it followers you don't really care about.

This is a mod that's set around 5 years after the DB's questline and it basically goes around the idea that the SB has got absolute control over Dawnstar. The place is full of banners with Dark Hand and the guards are replaced with assassins. Note that if you kill someone for the DB and get caught, they still go after you.

You might wonder why such a simple mod that doesn't really change the gameplay is number 3. Well, it's just as the previous mod, it simply makes you feel like being the listener is something big.

Staying on the line if simple mods, this is one that allows you to perform the black sacrament and it actually works. You just have to read "a kiss, sweet mother", and you will be granted a spell, you use the spell and you then start collecting certain items. Once you've got the items, you read the book again and you get a scroll that when used starts the ritual. When you sleep after that, a speaker will come and ask you the name if the victim and 5000 gold, if you have the gold the victim will die in 1-3 days, if you don't , things can turn out...bad...for you.

Although the title sure implies it, this mod isn't all that focused towards good guys, I mean you're in the Dark Brotherhood. What it does is it adds background for your victims and enables dialogues with them through which you can learn why someone wants them dead and also not sound like a psychopath Sithis worshipper when talking to them.

It also adds a few clues as to who you have to kill during the DB's initiation and a little treasure hunt at the end.

It's really cool and you look like a cool hitman when using it. Breaking into someone's home unnoticed, casually talking to them, asking a few questions, killing them.

What this mod does is basically add a couple of new sets of both armor and weapons for the Dark Brotherhood.

Yeahz I know what you're thinking, just a few sets, first place? You have no idea how good those sets are.

Firstly, there is the simple set. You can find this one on the shelves once you enter the Falkreath's Sanctuary and in Astrid's room. They look just like the normal armor but they have different enchantments, and they come with a daedric bow with a cool enchantment and two daedric swords with their own cool enchantments.

Once you finish the questline and finish remodeling the Dawnstar Sanctuary, you will find a quite unique set in your bedroom with which you will strike fear into your enemies.

-The Listener's set of armor, I'm not sure it has any enchantment, but it looks really badass and even though it's light armor it has an armor rating equal to many heavy armors.
-A badass katana with textures that make it look on fire with an enchantment that makes creatures up to a pretty high level run away
-A badass katana with textures that make it look on fire with an enchantment that sets enemies on fire

Alright so this was all for today, I hope you enjoyed and you have downloaded every single mod I mentioned(you better have or I'm calling black sacrament). I promise a more extense post next Sunday and...well, that was all folks!!

hershangames

4.SONS IF SITHIS

hershangames

I'm sorry for the spam my phone just lost it

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts