Minor site changes coming tomorrow or Wednesday

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyQuinn

Administrator
I'm just about done putting together a news section for our site. The focus is going to be Skyrim, TESO and RPGs. This won't affect any of our regulars greatly (though, we're hoping you'll read, of course!).

I am going to have to move the forums to a sub-directory, though I will put in 301 redirects for all important scripts. I did attempt to find a way to avoid doing this, but the route changer in xenforo doesn't allow for a seamless redirect to the new section.

So, if you have a link bookmarked, it'll automatically point to the new location. The front-end will also have a bridge with the forums. So, all articles will have an excerpt posted on the forums and you'll be able to comment right here from the forums.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away.

As a side note, if any of the talented writers on this forum are thinking about doing TESO guides, you should absolutely shoot me a message. We should talk.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Minor issue, I'm not sure what it would be tied to, but the user icons in the shout box aren't showing. I've had it happen before as a problem on my own end, and there are spaces next to the user names where the icons would be, but aren't. I thought it was just me, but another user mentioned the same issue. I don't know if we're just experiencing the same glitch coincidentally, or if it's missing code in the shuffle.

Thought it worth mentioning.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Many members are receiving 404 pages when trying to access the forums, whether from the main page menu, or typing the address directly in the browser with the /sf. At least one member has said they have to clear their browser history and cache each time they reopen the browser to get to the site. Another member can access the site by following a direct link to the shoutbox, but not the main page, and others can't get the link to work at all.

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
User Jagd reported graphical errors.

"Jagd: the bar that says Home, Forum etc is half way down the screen...tried refresh and everything"

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
It looks like your javascript may be forcing cookies, which is why so many members are only able to access the site if they dump their cookies first. We're losing views with that kind of issue, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts