• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Olsthepols

Fus Ro Dah
Im making a new character and I'm not sure if to be a mage, warrior or thief. Which one is the funnest one for you?

kyleekay

My favorite type of character is a Conjuration SpellSword. In my right hand I'll use a Sword or Dagger, and in my left hand I will cast Oakflesh, Conjure an Atronach, and then use a Bound Sword. :)

However for a "pure" character, I've had the most fun being a thief. I love the sneak attacks.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
Dude, thieves are awesome, you can be all sneaky, or get into a straight up fight if you want(and have skills).

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Honestly Hybrids are usually the most fun for me. Though i did enjoy a pure stealth character as well. Honestly each one could be really fun if you have the patience to learn their little quirks

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
ASSASSIN BABY! :Dragonborn:

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I've always liked mage builds the best, especially with some thief skills thrown in.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I play as Thief/Warrior. I'm not really attracted to the magic for some reason. I always end up slashing or shooting arrows xD

I did like the magic in Fable series though...

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I assume you don't already have one of those builds. Otherwise I would pick the one you didn't try before. I prefer thieves myself. It gives me something to do when I'm not doing quests. :) Stealing things is very satisfying and always comes with a reward when you are good at it. I also level up very quikly because it involves a lot of skill >>> pickpocket/lockpicking/sneaking and so on :rolleyes:

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I assume you don't already have one of those builds. Otherwise I would pick the one you didn't try before. I prefer thieves myself. It gives me something to do when I'm not doing quests. :) Stealing things is very satisfying and always comes with a reward when you are good at it. I also level up very quikly because it involves a lot of skill >>> pickpocket/lockpicking/sneaking and so on :rolleyes:
you've assumed correct, I didn't even made a mage build character yet. the motivation to do so isn't there.. I could try to try out magic first at my main char. but she only has 100 mana... so that would suck and is already lvl 50, so skillpoints don't come fast anymore.

I could try out a Thief/Mage build, to level more quickly with the thief skills, I dont use perkpoints on lockpicking or pickpocket..

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I find it hard not to be a mage, they just have so many cool spells. You can do all cool things being a mage, like calming enemies, making them flee in terror or turn them all against each other. Dragon breath attacks can never harm you, lesser ward blocks them all. There are just so many different things you can do being a Mage, though spells were kind of more fun in Oblivion because I could unlock the hardest locks by just hitting the door or chest with a spell.

I like Wizards (Unarmored mages) because they're squishy, so it's actually possible to die, but they also have the highest mobility to evade. Also, they have the most effects where as a Warrior pretty much has Just damage. I mostly play hybrids, though, to test out which combinations work best, and how.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
I'm having a go at being a mage and it's more fun than I thought it would be... As long as I get a sword too.

I usually play a thief who's capable of killing everything in a room if he gets caught. I'm not too keen on being made of glass b:

Bourn

Why not go for all three? I'd say most of the time I wear heavy armor, use destructo/conjuration/illusion off-hand, and a sword main hand, but after I got the Nightingale set, I really got into light armor and the bound bow/sneak. Who needs to set a goal to limit yourself to one playstyle, when Skyrim lets you play variations of all three?

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
I find for the first couple of characters a player should go with either a combat or stealth based character as they are much simpler. Mages require a much more delicate balancing of health vs. magic as well as much greater expense early on for spellbooks. But after a few playthroughs and a better understanding of how the game balances any character type is just as good as long as they are properly planned out and you know how to use them.

What I've been working with lately is heavy-armor battle mages.(And one heavy-armor stealth/assassin that was surprisingly fun) with a combination of Heavy armor, destruction, one-handed, enchant, conjuration, and alteration skills. For a roll-playing/challenge aspect I didn't carry any weapons early on and relied on bound swords and destruction spells only; got very tricky when out of magic.

My next character I plan on making an unarmored hand-to-hand fighter who I'm sure I'm going to have to over enchant but at least it will be an original playthrough.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I chose the warrior stone when I began to play. Magic for me is a help in combat and a thieve skill like Sneaking, is also a help that you may need once in a while to win a battle or defeat your enemy. In my case, I almost face all my enemies in melee combat using a dagger or sword on my right hand, with magic on the left and my shout. Sneaking only when I have or to kill vampires.

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
Thief. I almost always play thieves. I love sneaking up on people and skewering them with a bow. My latest character is an herbalist that relies heavily on bows, poisons and potions.