Lets Play: Would you rather?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Errr, but medical technology isn’t the only reason for scientific advancement. In the same way one could argue that in a world without violence there would be no military spending (which obviously advanced technologies much, much more than medicinal research) :|

As for your question, what exactly is the difference between the two?
well, I really meant that the progress would slow down... and it is debatable but I don't feel like going there

The difference is, if you transfer, you have your consciousness onto a computer which basically makes you technically immortal. To create a copy of your mind onto a computer, you have an immortal copy of yourself inside a computer while you still enjoy your body.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Well if there were no violence there would be no military spending, the whole point of the military is defense. If there is no reason to defend then there is no military, which means no military spending. Unless this is what you were saying.

I think the difference is if you transfer your consciousness then your body is just a shell.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Ah, in that case the latter. I don’t really believe that artificial consciousness is possible anyway so I have no interest in it. A copy of my memories is fine.

Would you rather have a magical drinking vessel with infinite amounts of a nonperishable beverage of your choice or the food equivalent of that (i.e. also infinite and nonperishable)?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
You can chose one beverage (or, that is the other choice, one dish) and then you’ll have unlimited amounts of it. No changes afterwards.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
That one is hard. Think of the endless possibilities you could have if you exploited the beverage choice. Are there any rules?

Wolf

Hello, is it tea you're looking for?
Erm I guessing I'll go back to Demuts post seeing as no one answered it

I would rather the food.

Would you rather have lots of money but no happiness, or not much money and you were the happiest man alive?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
That one is hard. Think of the endless possibilities you could have if you exploited the beverage choice. Are there any rules?
Just the ones that I named. Beverages and foods are defined here as “any substance that is or can be consumed by humans in order to sustain life” (the difference between the two being their state of matter) so they gotta have some nutrients.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
"Would you rather have lots of money but no happiness, or not much money and you were the happiest man alive?" Wolf

I would easily choose to be the happiest man alive.

Would you rather be Chuck Norris and only have one arm or would you rather be Mr. T and not have the mohawk?

Wolf

Lolwut.

Definitely Chuck Norris! The mohawk is the best thing about Mr. T!

Reminding me of Mr. T...

Would you rather be On The A-Team or the Fellowship of the rings?

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Erm I guessing I'll go back to Demuts post seeing as no one answered it

I would rather the food.

Would you rather have lots of money but no happiness, or not much money and you were the happiest man alive?

I think this is somehow silly. Because if you're the happiest man, it doesn't really matter whether you have money or not. That is, if happinness does not depend on external phenomena, but on inner realisation - whatever it is.

Wolf

I think this is somehow silly. Because if you're the happiest man, it doesn't really matter whether you have money or not. That is, if happinness does not depend on external phenomena, but on inner realisation - whatever it is.
C'mon guys let's not comment on all the options and just stay on topic.
(Anyways it's not silly because if you were incredibly rich you could buy all the things you've ever wanted and so much more, but you just wouldn't feel anything)

and @Hex, Ninjas, Of course!

If you were at a supermarket, or something, would you buy a chocolate bar or lollies?

Broodje

Panem et circenses
Chocolate bar, would secretly feed it to that annoying dog nextdoor...

Would you rather drink your own pee or not drink for 3 days?

Stone

Retired Moderator
Drink my own pee. You'd probably die without drinking for three days.

Would you rather have all the money in the world, but no family or 20 pounds/dollars/euros/ect with family.

Broodje

Panem et circenses
All the money in the world. I would buy family, ez.

Btw, I forgot to mention that you do get fluids like applejuice (whenever you eat an apple), so I guess it's possible. I know for sure it's possible not to drink for a full day (experienced myself ;p).

Would you rather work hard for a good amount of money or not work hard for a reasonable amount of money (you can just live from the money, but don't do anything excessive, working hard will take up loads of time)

Stone

Retired Moderator
Work hard for a good amount of money. Working hard is what gets you somewhere in life! ;)

Would you rather be a Evil Khajiit Vampire Assassin or a Good Civillian book-collector. :L

Stone

Retired Moderator
Evil Khajiit Vampire Assassin! Because the book collector sounds boring...

Would you rather be a werewolf or a vampire? Not the Skyrim or Twilight one. OLD FASHION STYLE
Vampire. I want to suck ze blood.

Would you rather live for ever, but your body still grows normally, or live for the normal amount of time?

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
I would easily rather be a vampire. I would like to have control over myself and not go around eating people's flesh and crap.

Would you rather be on a deserted island with no one or be stuck in a cabin with Lindsay Lohan and she brought crack but won't share it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts