• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
In the Dragonborn DLC a new sub-type of dragon has appeared in the form of serpentine dragons. I have fought a couple and I'm wondering whether they have replaced Legendary Dragons as the most powerful dragons. They most certainly look menacing (so do legendary dragons, but serpentine dragons remind me of dragon from "Lord of the Rings"), but has anyone discerned the most powerful of the two?

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
I can't give you raw stats, but Legendary Dragons seem to be able to take more damage than Serpentine.

Agentoringe

Legendary has higher health, does more damage and is easily superior to the serpentine, they were introduced as a "native" dragon under the premise of "travel to new regions see new dragons" kind of thing, I'm to the point now where legendary dragons have replaced all the normal dragons in skyrim aside from the occasional random blood dragon flyin around and the ancient/revered dragons found at a couple of specific word walls in western skyrim...

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Yeah, I found them weaker than Legendarys. Also, how the hell do they look menacing? They look derpy as anything!

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
I agree with Dar'Neko, on the loading screen image with Miraak riding one, the size of the Serpentine Dragon's back legs just looks unnatural.