Is the United States headed for a revolution?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Six Gun Tarot

Power is Power
The entire reason the United States has the amount of guns it does, is because it is literally burned into our culture. America won its independence through blood and gunpowder. The Founding Fathers include the Right to Bear Arms in the Constitution so that ever in the future that the Federal Goverment gained way too much power and began to oppress the American people, the people could swipe the slate clean and start anew.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Which now there are heavily enforced laws where you can be searched and your property searched without a warrant if you're a member of a gang.

What are they doing then to make sure that innocent people are not being victimized by the authorities? This is a very scary thing indeed.

Innocent people being victimized? Perhaps I should of been more clear. It is targeted towards Biker gangs, over the last several years war between these gangs has risen with innocents being taken in the crossfire. The Government is making the laws extremely tough on them, State Government not Federal Government.

By property, their club. I don't understand why many of you are suddenly fearful or call it unjust. Unless you're a member of a Biker gang and are breaking the law, you have nothing to worry about. It is to make it harder for them to conduct illegal activities, and it has been working with many of them leaving the state where the new laws are in place because they can't gun down each other, they can't rob, steal, sell and move drugs.

PrisonerLizzie

Which now there are heavily enforced laws where you can be searched and your property searched without a warrant if you're a member of a gang.

What are they doing then to make sure that innocent people are not being victimized by the authorities? This is a very scary thing indeed.

Innocent people being victimized? Perhaps I should of been more clear. It is targeted towards Biker gangs, over the last several years war between these gangs has risen with innocents being taken in the crossfire. The Government is making the laws extremely tough on them, State Government not Federal Government.

By property, their club. I don't understand why many of you are suddenly fearful or call it unjust. Unless you're a member of a Biker gang and are breaking the law, you have nothing to worry about. It is to make it harder for them to conduct illegal activities, and it has been working with many of them leaving the state where the new laws are in place because they can't gun down each other, they can't rob, steal, sell and move drugs.

It seems that you are putting an awful lot of trust in the idea that the government is above reproach. I understand that its directed at the "bad guys" so that seems ok but who are the next group of "bad guys" going to be now that they have this precedent?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Well my country isn't paranoid about Government taking away all our rights and freedoms. I don't know exactly how the U.S. Government brings in new laws, or policy, but generally our political parties try to keep public favor. The Government is not above reproach, they can be dismissed from office, being part of the Commonwealth I don't believe our Government will get away with becoming a dictatorship and police state.

PrisonerLizzie

Well my country isn't paranoid about Government taking away all our rights and freedoms. I don't know exactly how the U.S. Government brings in new laws, or policy, but generally our political parties try to keep public favor. The Government is not above reproach, they can be dismissed from office, being part of the Commonwealth I don't believe our Government will get away with becoming a dictatorship and police state.

I think we are having a cultural difference. I am used to questioning the motivations of government not just as a right but almost as a duty. Its not normal to me to see someone so trusting of the powers that be. I think that is a very dangerous state of affairs as that trust can be easily manipulated. Power corrupts it really is that simple to me. Examples can be seen every day from top level government to the cop who pulls you over on the street so to give them carte blanche to search private property and their persons is worrisome. Our constitution specifically prevents that as it was commonplace of the British to do such things and our founding fathers found it wholly unacceptable. It should be difficult for the authorities to search a person. It should be difficult for them to be able to enter private property. To me these are as true as true can be and I cannot wrap my head around how anyone could think its ok for there to be an absence of checks and balances.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Well in our country we're not going to make it easier for criminal gangs to keep killing people. So those who believe it is unjust and scary and it shouldn't be easy for authorities to stop the bloodshed. Have never been around a biker war, this is to stop them being able to conduct illegal activities and it has shown results. They have had lots of weapons and drugs taken in unsuspected raids, the clubs are now trying to flee from the new laws because they can't operate illegally.

PrisonerLizzie

Well in our country we're not going to make it easier for criminal gangs to keep killing people. So those who believe it is unjust and scary and it shouldn't be easy for authorities to stop the bloodshed. Have never been around a biker war, this is to stop them being able to conduct illegal activities and it has shown results. They have had lots of weapons and drugs taken in unsuspected raids, the clubs are now trying to flee from the new laws because they can't operate illegally.
Really if your country was so great they would have been able to do so without trampling the rights of everyone because believe it or not a law never effects just one group, it effects everyone. Biker gang member and little old lady at church alike

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
My country hasn't completely done it. It is currently only one state, it hasn't trampled the rights of everyone. If that little old lady in church was a patched member of the Hells Angels or Bandidos then it would affect her.

Though the new laws aren't perfect, they're being changed around due to a loophole found. But if you truly believe if it affects everyone, and that it is so scary and unjustly. Just ask sneakysim if he is being affected by a corrupt, unjust, scary government taking away his rights. Because these laws do not apply to anyone else, if you have nothing to due with these biker clubs and you're not a member of them you are just defending their right to abuse the system.

When 14 year old girls get gunned down in crossfire between two bikie gangs, why would you even want to defend their rights?

PrisonerLizzie

When 14 year old girls get gunned down in crossfire between two bikie gangs, why would you even want to defend their rights?

I'm not defending their rights, I'm trying to make you understand you need to defend yours. If you have no interest in doing so I'll send up a prayer that I'm wrong but it'll most likely fall on deaf ears.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

I'm not defending their rights, I'm trying to make you understand you need to defend yours. If you have no interest in doing so I'll send up a prayer that I'm wrong but it'll most likely fall on deaf ears.

I do defend my rights, and I would defend the rights of all others who follow the law. I do dislike my current Government, but I won't simply complain about them. I plan on joining the party I support and get into politics, getting involved instead of sitting by and yelling insults.

Rimfaxe96

I'd love for the Americans to check out their humans rights, especially when it comes to privacy, in the internet or outside in the world.
And please don't start with "I have nothing to hide"; if you let go of one of your rights, the rest can follow just as easily, but twice the speed.
But I'm from Germany and I guess I'm just surprised/a bit pissed off at the whole spy thing and that ridiculous contract they came up with.
At the very least don't get caught, same counts for Britain. ><
I'd write a longer and more detailed post about this issue, but I already have in certain German forums so just contact the NSA if you want to know anything. I mean, the Americans are paying to keep the NSA running, so I presume you should at least have the right to look as well, eh? ;)