• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I played skyrim before I ever played oblivion and oblivion is really good infact I played daggerfall after oblivion and liked that and then morrowind and liked that 2 so to answer your question of course

I hope you don't mind if I ask you something. Do you play older games often, like games from the early 2000's and beyond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oblivion has a different feeling to Skyrim. Yes the combat might not be as dynamic as Skyrim's but Oblivion has much better story line, and is in a league of it's own.

I actually miss Oblivion quite a lot. Infact too much that I fear the same flavour Oblivion had will not be present in future Elder Scrolls series. Least they could of done was add more expansions to an epic RPG.

It's quite sad really.

I really hope Bethesda can dig itself out of ESO and get back to what really matters because they basically took everything TES stood for and tore it to shreds for money. I don't care about multiplayer on TES and ESO is almost a wake-up call for most of us who dreamt of such a game. TES is a single-player game through and through and its about time Bethesda got their priorities straight. I don't want them to even think of putting in any multiplayer aspects, I just want them to give us all the TES we all know and love.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I played skyrim before I ever played oblivion and oblivion is really good infact I played daggerfall after oblivion and liked that and then morrowind and liked that 2 so to answer your question of course

I hope you don't mind if I ask you something. Do you play older games often, like games from the early 2000's and beyond?

nope

tx12001

Oblivion has a different feeling to Skyrim. Yes the combat might not be as dynamic as Skyrim's but Oblivion has much better story line, and is in a league of it's own.

I actually miss Oblivion quite a lot. Infact too much that I fear the same flavour Oblivion had will not be present in future Elder Scrolls series. Least they could of done was add more expansions to an epic RPG.

It's quite sad really.

I really hope Bethesda can dig itself out of ESO and get back to what really matters because they basically took everything TES stood for and tore it to shreds for money. I don't care about multiplayer on TES and ESO is almost a wake-up call for most of us who dreamt of such a game. TES is a single-player game through and through and its about time Bethesda got their priorities straight. I don't want them to even think of putting in any multiplayer aspects, I just want them to give us all the TES we all know and love.

Don't go bashing my 3rd favorite game ESO is awesome

Haha only problem with ESO is the payment for every month and lag. They should just make a new Elder Scroll game with a updated game engine. Sure Skyrim was beatiful to play but Bethsda could've improved the graphics of the game.

Sorry, but I think the problem for me is that for years, I was an offline kid and my only connection to the outside gaming community was the GameInformer magazine when it came along. My point is that I still have a huge thing for single-player games and there are few I am willing to deem worthy to play and Elder Scrolls is way up there. I love multiplayer and all that stuff and I was really excited for ESO, but it was one of my first MMOs and I liked it at first but that was short-lived. I paid an inordinate amount of money to play an MMO that didn't seem quite as spectacular as the other ones I had tried and it started to seem to me that a lot of people (including me) were simply playing it because we like TES and that didn't seem right to me. It doesn't feel like a TES game to me in any sense so I just dropped it and went back to the TES I know and love. I don't mean to be blunt but if you get enough people on board to keep ESO going, why would they want to make a new TES? It's be like WoW we're they just come out with endless expansions and that's that. The way I see it, unless ESO sinks, its going to be awhile before we see another TES, maybe even never. Sorry, but I like TES the way it is: a single-player RPG.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

Sorry, but I think the problem for me is that for years, I was an offline kid and my only connection to the outside gaming community was the GameInformer magazine when it came along. My point is that I still have a huge thing for single-player games and there are few I am willing to deem worthy to play and Elder Scrolls is way up there. I love multiplayer and all that stuff and I was really excited for ESO, but it was one of my first MMOs and I liked it at first but that was short-lived. I paid an inordinate amount of money to play an MMO that didn't seem quite as spectacular as the other ones I had tried and it started to seem to me that a lot of people (including me) were simply playing it because we like TES and that didn't seem right to me. It doesn't feel like a TES game to me in any sense so I just dropped it and went back to the TES I know and love. I don't mean to be blunt but if you get enough people on board to keep ESO going, why would they want to make a new TES? It's be like WoW we're they just come out with endless expansions and that's that. The way I see it, unless ESO sinks, its going to be awhile before we see another TES, maybe even never. Sorry, but I like TES the way it is: a single-player RPG.

I do agree with you and am a single-player of Local Co-op player myself, but do have to say that ESO isn't all that bad, at least not until you get to the MMO part of it. As I said in another post, I have played it with a friend on his computer and it was great for the first 20 levels or so until you were practically REQUIRED to start in to the MMO stuff. There were just so many jerks and everybody competing for attention. There was no simpathy for anyone that wasn't expert and Top Dog personality. Sure, I'm sure it's great for those folks her want to play a very agressive style, but, ESO probably won't be very appealing to real RP folks. It's hard to RP when you have to compete with everybody for the same real-estate.

I do agree with you and am a single-player of Local Co-op player myself, but do have to say that ESO isn't all that bad, at least not until you get to the MMO part of it. As I said in another post, I have played it with a friend on his computer and it was great for the first 20 levels or so until you were practically REQUIRED to start in to the MMO stuff. There were just so many jerks and everybody competing for attention. There was no simpathy for anyone that wasn't expert and Top Dog personality. Sure, I'm sure it's great for those folks her want to play a very agressive style, but, ESO probably won't be very appealing to real RP folks. It's hard to RP when you have to compete with everybody for the same real-estate.

Yeah, but I when I play Skyrim, I don't just sit down and play for 30 minutes. I play for large amounts of time and I can only imagine how fast those first 20 levels would fly by. Not to mention that I also don't like the competition part as much as you, maybe more. Like I said before, I play Multiplayer and I can play ball so to speak and I do it a lot but I'd like that to stay with COD Fanboys I'll play with from time to time and Halo custom games that were designed to give you an unparalleled sense of rage. I play Elder Scrolls to satisfy the nerd in me when I delve into the lore and to give me a really neat feeling that comes with any good role-playing game. I don't get that in ESO and they call it whatever they want, but I'll never dare give it the pre-fix RPG because its an MMO and not the Elder Scrolls I want to play and I know for a fact that I am not alone in that opinion.

tx12001

actually the PvP is probably the funnest thing to do in the game that's the only actual MMO stuff in it apart from a very small selection of Dungeons that with the skill you can do by yourself, their is no better satisfaction in ESO then kicking another player's a** and proving you are better then them.

On a sidenote what the hell does ESO have to do with
"Is Oblivion Playable after you play Skyrim?" can we get this thread back on its's original topic

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
actually the PvP is probably the funnest thing to do in the game that's the only actual MMO stuff in it apart from a very small selection of Dungeons that with the skill you can do by yourself, their is no better satisfaction in ESO then kicking another player's a** and proving you are better then them.

"Is Oblivion Playable after you play Skyrim?" can we get this thread back on its's original topic
I have no idea how we got here

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Well it's seems that we have a number of people here on the forums who seem to like Oblivion even though they started on Skyrim. Case closed.

Stalker

It was hard for me to go to Skyrim after Oblivion

Lewsean

Oblivion is far better in the RPG department, quests are actually unique, instead of go to a, fetch b, take to c... Only thing Skyrim does better is mechanics and graphics, oh and Shouts.. I love shouts :p

tehruler

I still prefer Oblivion over Skyrim, even after playing Skyrim. I don't actually know why, I just enjoy the overall theme of the game better.

medievalmama

I was glad to find this post. I was close to finishing Skyrim when my XBox 360 died, and all my saves with it. Now that it's back up and running, I also acquired Oblivion. Glad to hear Oblivion is good to play after Skyrim. Then when I restart Skyrim I'll know a little more of the back story.

Jybrael

I would say definitely it should still be playable after Skyrim after all it just helps you understand the story even moire...Skyrim events happened after Oblivion I believe.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
I've read this entire thread... I'm simply flabbergasted that SO many people mentioned graphics as a reason they couldn't get into it. Graphics??? I think the game is beautiful. Except for the faces... Faces are certainly off, but come on. In some instances Oblivion actually out-does Skyrim, (weapons and armor come to mind).

Here's to those of you who appreciate the game for the visual work of art that it is! :beermug:

lyndi_dather

Spell Slinging Derp
I've played all of the titles, and honestly Oblivion is my second favorite so yea, it's still awesome [emoji16]

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts