Infinite % Fortify Restoration Exploit

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LordVipor

Hi Guys and Gals,
I joined this forum because I thought that I should share this with people that could test this out, confirm, and distribute the information better.

I was following an exploit on http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy_Tips#Exploit_For_Extremely_Powerful_Weapons_And_Armor

When I came upon a much more powerful variant of it. I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet so I thought that I would share here. (I also posted on that wikia site, but my writing is poor and rushed).

Basically I am able to create +2305048% stronger fortify restoration potions (could be higher if you keep going) in less than 10 minutes (once all the ingredients, etc... are acquired).

I did this using the PC (but it might work for PS3 and 360 if someone would try it) and no console cheats with 100 in alchemy, but I think that you could do it with way less, since the created potions are so strong you could quickly level up (have not tried this yet).

The way to go about it is:
Have your strongest restoration potion and the four apparels for Created potions are xx% more powerful. Remove the clothes, drink the potion, put the clothes back on and now the four apparels have an increased %.

Now create a restoration potion that will be stronger than the one before. Do not wait for the active effect timer to run out. Take off the apparels, drink the stronger restoration potion, and put the clothes back on.
The timer will be back to 60secs and your apparels will be even stronger (by now they should be in the 250-1000% plus range). Create an even stronger restoration potion, remove the apparels, drink the potion, put the clothes back on. Repeat until bored.

With this exploit I quickly created a potion of fortify smithing of 2305048 and a value of 25052022 and a potion of fortify enchanting of 576262% stronger with a value of 4361810.
When I tried to enchant fortify destruction on my daedric armor (which after using the smithing potion has an armor of 664347 and value of 71419736) using the fortify enchanting potion, the game crashed -- probably reached a too high of a value for the variable.

There is probably a sweet spot value somewhere that you can have 100% cost reduction on each spell without crashing the game (possibly somewhere between 100 and 255% cost reduction).
This was my first post, so if someone who is a better contributer can try this exploit out and clean this up, that would be good.

Please post if you have tried this out and confirm it works or have any questions.

Thanks

murdaface

thats sweet. im still gathering ingredients, since i read about a similar method on this exploit. hearing mixed feedback on the other method working / not working etc. that was for console, so its probably universal. cant wait to try. thanks for posting!

LordVipor

thats sweet. im still gathering ingredients, since i read about a similar method on this exploit. hearing mixed feedback on the other method working / not working etc. that was for console, so its probably universal. cant wait to try. thanks for posting!

You actually dont even need that many ingredients, what I do is just fast travel to the four large cities and buy all the ingredients from the potion stores. With two of those cycles you could get enough ingredients.

The cool thing about the fortify restoration potion with the enhance potion making on the apparels is that if you dont take the apparels off, you keep the high enhance potion active effect and can make any kick-ass potion.

I made an invisibility potion that be invisible for 100000+ seconds, and a fortify carry of +50000 for 300secs. Now I can move all my items from one house to another in a single trip! (Or if you enchant boots or gauntlet with fortify carry and use a strong fortify enchantment potion, you can have a permanent carry an extra 50000.

murdaface

do you know what ingredients i should be buying? im going strictly off of memory and i think i forgot one or two?
thanks by the way

LordVipor

do you know what ingredients i should be buying? im going strictly off of memory and i think i forgot one or two?
thanks by the way

From: http://www.endoftheweb.se/skyrim/index.php?page=effects

Fortify Restoration:
Abecean Longfin Show a combination
Cyrodilic Spadetail Show a combination
Salt Pile Show a combination
Small Antlers Show a combination
Small Pearl

Fortify Smithing:
Blisterwort Show a combination
Glowing Mushroom Show a combination
Sabre Cat Tooth Show a combination
Spriggan Sap Show a combination

Fortify Enchanting:
Blue Butterfly Wing Show a combination
Hagraven Claw Show a combination
Snowberries Show a combination
Spriggan Sap Show a combination

Fortify Carry Weight:
Creep Cluster Show a combination
Giants Toe Show a combination
Hawk Beak Show a combination
River Betty Show a combination
Scaly Pholiota Show a combination
Wisp Wrappings Show a combination

Invisibility:
Chaurus Eggs Show a combination
Crimson Nirnroot Show a combination
Ice Wraith Teeth Show a combination
Luna Moth Wing Show a combination
Nirnroot Show a combination
Vampire Dust Show a combination

Its also a good idea to steal from the potion stores (be sure to check barrels too). Most usually have a plate or bowl with 5 hagraven Claws.
Salt piles you can get everywhere and usually abacean longfin and cyrodilic spadetail (alphabetically) are among the first items on their selling list.

Stone

Retired Moderator
Great post.

Moved to Tutorials section.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
It works. Im on the PS3. Im getting more materials so I don't have to do it again. Trying not to go "WAY" OP with this because I don't want it to ruin my fun. Im playing on Master Difficulty and everything is owning me. I literally almost had 2 wolfs kill me.

LordVipor

It works. Im on the PS3. Im getting more materials so I don't have to do it again. Trying not to go "WAY" OP with this because I don't want it to ruin my fun. Im playing on Master Difficulty and everything is owning me. I literally almost had 2 wolfs kill me.

Yea, I had to backtrack some too, the first potions I created were too powerful and my game would crash as soon as I would try to enchant something.

If you can make a fortify enchantment potion of around 3000% - that makes spells cost 2300% less and doesn't crash the game when enchanting. It still feels like god mode though, so I might go back and try around 1000% enchanting.

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Yea, Im looking forward to getting frost/fire/shock resistance and some carry weight/1hand/heavyarmor/bow.
Not enough to like 10 shot elder dragons but enough to make it less impossible to kill 1 mercenary... takes forever atm...

Darksid3

What enchanting and potion perks and points do you have? How many improve potion apparels do you have equipped?

I was watching the other thread originally by darthriko, so I just have one amulet with an 11% alchemy increase. That's all. My alchemy skill is also only 27. I never make potions obviously lol. When I do it it just brings the amulet up from 11% to 13% and stops there.

Also... I just updated to that new patch. I doubt it fixes this though, as nothing changed as far as how it worked before.

LordVipor

Try to get 3 more items that up potion making, even if you have to buy them at the store, you'll make so much money back converting ingredients to potions that its worth it.
I'll try to start a new game tomorrow and see what is the least I could have to induce the exploit. Its possible that under a certain threshold, there is not enough positive feedback to exponentially increase the potion making-restoration loop.

vertigoelectric

For some reason, this guide seemed rather confusing to me. I couldn't get it to work. I have four enchanted apparel items that each offer 25%-28% better potion-making... but after that I get a bit confused. I tried this exploit using a Fortify Enchantment potion. I drank the potion, put on the clothes, and made another Fortify Enchantment potion but it came out exactly the same.

I think I need someone to better explain how this exploit actually works. I'd really like to be able to do it.

**intermission**

Okay, I think I know the problem. My Alchemy level isn't 100 yet. I've been working on leveling it up, but it's quite slow (unless I can find some more Giant's Toes more easily). Can this exploit only work if Alchemy is maxed out at 100, or will it still work (albeit less effective, of course) at lower levels?

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
For some reason, this guide seemed rather confusing to me. I couldn't get it to work.
Okay, I think I know the problem. My Alchemy level isn't 100 yet. I've been working on leveling it up, but it's quite slow (unless I can find some more Giant's Toes more easily). Can this exploit only work if Alchemy is maxed out at 100, or will it still work (albeit less effective, of course) at lower levels?
I've seen that this exploit works for many people with 50 Alchemy. Not sure if this is just for consoles.
Also you can train your Alchemy at Arcadia's Cauldron in Whiterun 5x per level.
As for a step by step.
1) Put your better potion making equipment on.
2) Make Fortify Restoration potion.
3) Take off your better potion making equipment.
4) Drink your Fortify Restoration potion.
5) Put your better potion making equipment back on.
6) Repeat steps 2-5 as many times as you want to increase the effect.

vertigoelectric

I've seen that this exploit works for many people with 50 Alchemy. Not sure if this is just for consoles.
Also you can train your Alchemy at Arcadia's Cauldron in Whiterun 5x per level.
As for a step by step.
1) Put your better potion making equipment on.
2) Make Fortify Restoration potion.
3) Take off your better potion making equipment.
4) Drink your Fortify Restoration potion.
5) Put your better potion making equipment back on.
6) Repeat steps 2-5 as many times as you want to increase the effect.

Thanks. I saw the original guide that the OP linked to, and that made it a little clearer. I just wasn't sure how Fortify Restoration potions had anything to do with improving Alchemy, but I suppose that's part of what makes it a glitch, right?

I also noticed that a LOT of ingredient farming is necessary to really get this going. I did this for about 5 cycles and then made a Fortify Enchantment potion, and it only had a strength of 41%.

My Alchemy Level is still fairly low, though. I'm almost to 50 now. I had already trained with Arcadia as many times as I could yesterday, but today I leveled up so I suppose I can go do it again.

The easiest way of found to level up Alchemy is to simply amass as many ingredients as possible and then make a bunch of random potions. I realize there are particular potions that provide more xp, but after the time spent on trying to acquire the specific ingredients needed for those (for example, Giant's Toes), it isn't really faster overall.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts