Infinite % Fortify Restoration Exploit

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Malkavian Raven

Take off your alchemy gear before you drink your fortify restoration potion. After you drink it, then put the gear back on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
So I just finished trying this method, to no avail.

Without my gear on, I took a restoration potion I had in my inventory. Put the gear on, created another restoration potion. Exited the alchemy lab, took off my gear, took the potion and put back on my gear. Nothing.

So, then I reloaded the game to start over. This time I tried taking my gear off, exiting the menu, re-entering the menu to take the potion. Exited the menu, re-entered and put my gear back on. Opened the alchemy lab, created the next potion and repeated.

In both instances, same thing as last time. Restoration enchantments & potions are maxing out at the same levels as beflre.

Any other ideas?

~ Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Okay, so it seems regardless of how I try to get this to work, it isn't going to. I decided to do a little experiment and I took off all my Alchemy gear and tried to do the restoration glitch without the gear on. Same result, the potions stopped at 95%. My hypothesis is that you cannot be at a Level 81 with all the alchemy perks and have a high alchemy gear set. I am in the process of starting a new character, I'm going to try and do this without all of those additionals. Just going to get my alchemy skill up in the mid 30s low 40s and start from there.

I'll let you know what I find out.

~ Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

OK, so after I spent this weekend tinkering around, turns out it is just that particular profile that the glitch isn't working. I started a new character (Khajiit) named Raven Moonscar (Scooby Doo: Zombie Island), and I started off like normal got my Alchemy up to around 40, got me a couple of good pieces of Alchemy gear. Viola! Worked like a charm.

I loaded up to an earlier save point, did the Oghma Infinium glitch, got another good set of Alchemy gear. Worked just fine.

I switched over to the other account, tried to do the exact same thing; no dice.

Let this be kind of an FYI to people, that if the restoration glitch isn't working for Profile A, try starting a Profile B to see if works that way.

In conclusion, Raven Moonscar now has a Daedric Dagger with 10K damage w/ Absorb Health & Soul Trap. Of course, I'm only using this dagger whenever I feel like going on a tear.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

~ Malkavian Raven

ShangTsung

still trying to grasp the concept of this.. wish there was an easier tutorial to follow, btw i recently patched my game to get the new kill cams, does anyone know if that will screw this up???

ShangTsung

scratch that, i finally figured it out tonight.. glad as hell it still works after letting the game patch, i can finally wear ANYTHING in the game! omfg this is freakin awesome! carry as much as ya want! sprint as long as ya want! infinite magicka on ONE item instead of having to sacrifice 4.. the fun factor on this game has just jumped by a million! i had to literally make myself stop playing tonight to keep from frying my console.. lol

Yeah this doesn't work for enchanting. No matter what level I stop at, if it is even close to being over 100% on the enchanting potion, the game crashes as soon as I select an enchantment. Tried a ton of different things, nothing works. Oh well, seemed promising.

ShangTsung

Yeah this doesn't work for enchanting. No matter what level I stop at, if it is even close to being over 100% on the enchanting potion, the game crashes as soon as I select an enchantment. Tried a ton of different things, nothing works. Oh well, seemed promising.
that is strange indeed.. what console are u playing on?

cedar999

I had the same problem, but to anyone experiencing the same issues, here is a guide to an altered version of completing the glitch.
Step 1: Create Gear, enchanted with fortify alchemy (head, ring, necklace, gauntlets), fortify smithing (torso, ring, necklace, gauntlets) fortify stamina (any item it's possible on), fortify stamina regen (also any item it's possible on) and finally fortify carry weight (boots). The stamina and carry weight bonuses help you get around very quickly while preparing to make your final product. I used Leather armor, very easy to craft.
Step 2: Do normal fortify restoration loop (make potion, reequip gear, you know the drill) until you get to a really high percentage (don't go into the negative percentages! Save before you do this!)
Step 3: After your final fortify restoration potion, unequip and reequip your gear. Your carry weight, stamina, alchemy, smithing, etc. will be ridiculously high. Now, here's a tip. DO NOT UNEQUIP ANY OF YOUR GEAR. The previous restoration glitch will remain on your armor until you unequip or reequip it. KEEP IT ON.
Step 4: Never mind your fortify smithing or enchanting potions. Don't make those, and upgrade the armor and weapons of your choice with your current ridiculously smithing fortified armor, so that your armor rating and damage are really high. Before you set out to enchant your new overpowered gear, make as many ridiculously powerful fortify restoration potions as you can. Do not drink any.
Step 5: Go to an enchanting table, and enchant the gear you want. Enchant your gear normally, without any added bonuses. Rename and enchant to personal preference. I used Daedric Armor, but you can use Dragon, Orcish, or even Iron, because armor rating is already very high.
Step 6: Equip your not so powerful enchanted gear.
Step 7: Drink that extra fortify restoration potion, and quickly unequip and reequip your game-breaking gear. Voila. You will have your ridiculously overpowered percentages, and they will not wear off until you unequip them. REMEMBER THIS: although your gear will say it reverted back to "Health increased by 62." or something, your Active Effects (shown in Magic menu) will still display overpowered percentages. If you unequip your gear, simply take a very powerful fortify restoration potion again and unequip and reequip your desired gear.

Hope this will help.

ShangTsung

could have something to do with the patch.. have you tried removing the patches then trying it?

JClarke1953

Works great for on my XBox! I have 8 Fortify Enchantment potions that makes
Enchanted items 420% stronger, although I know I could have made them even stronger.

I have 2070 Majika, and 920 health, not worrying too much about Stam. I raised my carrying points, my sneak, fire resistance. And I made and improved Elven Armor, Vampire Boots and Gauntlets, raising their armor rating (Blacksmith Elixir. I'm sure I could make stronger, but haven't tried as yet).

Then made and Enchanted a Gold Diamond necklace and ring to decrease my Majika usage, and increase my Majika points. The Armor I enchanted for higher health points, and faster Majika regen. Since I'm mainly Destruction, so far, what I've made and done works really well.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Like JClarke said it works fine on xbox, i use it often on my mage characters cuz i like to wear robes on mages but they have no armor rating, and upping your health thru this exploit to around 900 to 1000 is perfect cuz u can still die just not from 1 or 2 hits so its like having daedric armor. Plus i play on master diff so everything kills me in like 1 hit if i'm wearing robes unless i do this.

JClarke1953

Yeh buddy! Once I got the hang of it, the method works great! My only confusion is when removing the Alchemy gear, do you back out of the options quadrant (Magic, Map, Items, Skills), or do you just stay in Items and put the gear back on?

I also found it less confusing (for me) when Enchanting new gear to remove all my other gear, thereby making what I want to enchant easier to get to.

I'm sure I could go much higher in the Enchantment potion, but what I have so far works well.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Yeh buddy! Once I got the hang of it, the method works great! My only confusion is when removing the Alchemy gear, do you back out of the options quadrant (Magic, Map, Items, Skills), or do you just stay in Items and put the gear back on?

I also found it less confusing (for me) when Enchanting new gear to remove all my other gear, thereby making what I want to enchant easier to get to.

I'm sure I could go much higher in the Enchantment potion, but what I have so far works well.
The way i do it is simple and works like a charm, make 2 items with fortify alchemy enchant, "make sure u have tons of abeacan longfins and salt piles obviously" then equip both items, make a fortify restoration potion, back out, unequip the 2 items, drink the potion, re equip the items, and make another, then pay close attention to the numbers as u repeat this process untill u get the numbers your looking for. I usually make a few fortify enchanting potions within each go after it reaches the 900 range, u can do this in between the process and it won't reset it. Just be careful not to let the numbers go negative cuz the game will crash if that happens.

Horret

Still Alive Ni**a!
Last time i checked on ps3 this glitch didnt work :/ maybe it was becuz i had low level alchemy?

Vito567

I wrote a post similar to this before i found this one. This is what i did, and my problem. PLEASE help lol
I made several potions with each over 17 million percent for enchanting and smithing. I enchanted super powerful smithing gear. When i went to smith, i drank my super powerful smithing potion, (remember i have 97 smithing and every perk except glass and dragon) i tried to upgrade my 2 bows (auriels and daedric) and it said i didnt have the required skill to upgrade. Why wont it let me upgrade?

Im on Xbox360 btw

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts