Infinite % Fortify Restoration Exploit

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Reiji

Dark Mage of Clan Thu'um
Thanks. I saw the original guide that the OP linked to, and that made it a little clearer. I just wasn't sure how Fortify Restoration potions had anything to do with improving Alchemy, but I suppose that's part of what makes it a glitch, right?
The easiest way of found to level up Alchemy is to simply amass as many ingredients as possible and then make a bunch of random potions. I realize there are particular potions that provide more xp, but after the time spent on trying to acquire the specific ingredients needed for those (for example, Giant's Toes), it isn't really faster overall.
I think the glitch is something that the devs made up to boost enchanted stats and they left it that way on accident. (Not that we're complaining :D)
Also remember that Alchemy is part of the Thief Skill Tree, so the Thief Stone + Well Rested bonuses will improve you Alchemy by 30% (Unless your a Werewolf or have the Lover's Stone).

vertigoelectric

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and ask... are there any suggestions as to how to obtain the ingredients for the Fortify Restoration (and other Fortify potions) quickly and/or easily? So far, the quickest way I've found is by simply purchasing all ingredients from an Apothecary and using the Save-Kill-Load trick to get them to restock and do it again. Is there perhaps a particular merchant that tends to carry a particularly large stock of ingredients?

Thanks for the help, and thanks for this thread. I'm looking forward to overpowering my equipment with this. It's taking a long time, though.

**EDIT** I thought I'd add in here that I finally was able to make the potions using the method described in this thread. I also wanted to add a tip that I don't think anybody else brought up (unless I just missed it).

You don't really have to make a whole stock of overpowered restoration potions just to be able to make more powerful potions later. What I did was create a super strong enchantment potion, then used that to enchant a piece of jewelry with a super powerful Fortify Alchemy. So now whenever I want to create a really powerful potion, I just put that ring on. I don't have to hold onto a bunch of Fortify Restoration Potions. Plus, unlike the potions, the ring doesn't have a time limit, so I don't have to feel rushed when I'm making my potions.

Anyway, I now have a virtually indestructible character.

christof21

I'm having loads of trouble with these type of exploits. I'm on the latest PS3 version. When I do the fortify restoration exploit, my %'s never increase. My alchemy level is literally at the base level, so I'm assuming that you need something higher to get the results.

Just need to find a way to increase my alchemy to a decent enough level.

christof21

Hi Guys and Gals,
I joined this forum because I thought that I should share this with people that could test this out, confirm, and distribute the information better.

I was following an exploit on http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy_Tips#Exploit_For_Extremely_Powerful_Weapons_And_Armor

When I came upon a much more powerful variant of it. I haven't seen it posted anywhere yet so I thought that I would share here. (I also posted on that wikia site, but my writing is poor and rushed).

Basically I am able to create +2305048% stronger fortify restoration potions (could be higher if you keep going) in less than 10 minutes (once all the ingredients, etc... are acquired).

I did this using the PC (but it might work for PS3 and 360 if someone would try it) and no console cheats with 100 in alchemy, but I think that you could do it with way less, since the created potions are so strong you could quickly level up (have not tried this yet).

The way to go about it is:
Have your strongest restoration potion and the four apparels for Created potions are xx% more powerful. Remove the clothes, drink the potion, put the clothes back on and now the four apparels have an increased %.

Now create a restoration potion that will be stronger than the one before. Do not wait for the active effect timer to run out. Take off the apparels, drink the stronger restoration potion, and put the clothes back on.
The timer will be back to 60secs and your apparels will be even stronger (by now they should be in the 250-1000% plus range). Create an even stronger restoration potion, remove the apparels, drink the potion, put the clothes back on. Repeat until bored.

With this exploit I quickly created a potion of fortify smithing of 2305048 and a value of 25052022 and a potion of fortify enchanting of 576262% stronger with a value of 4361810.
When I tried to enchant fortify destruction on my daedric armor (which after using the smithing potion has an armor of 664347 and value of 71419736) using the fortify enchanting potion, the game crashed -- probably reached a too high of a value for the variable.

There is probably a sweet spot value somewhere that you can have 100% cost reduction on each spell without crashing the game (possibly somewhere between 100 and 255% cost reduction).
This was my first post, so if someone who is a better contributer can try this exploit out and clean this up, that would be good.

Please post if you have tried this out and confirm it works or have any questions.

Thanks

Thanks for providing the link above as well op. Just been reading this and will be trying a few things out of it tonight when I get back from work.

christof21

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and ask... are there any suggestions as to how to obtain the ingredients for the Fortify Restoration (and other Fortify potions) quickly and/or easily? So far, the quickest way I've found is by simply purchasing all ingredients from an Apothecary and using the Save-Kill-Load trick to get them to restock and do it again. Is there perhaps a particular merchant that tends to carry a particularly large stock of ingredients?

Thanks for the help, and thanks for this thread. I'm looking forward to overpowering my equipment with this. It's taking a long time, though.

**EDIT** I thought I'd add in here that I finally was able to make the potions using the method described in this thread. I also wanted to add a tip that I don't think anybody else brought up (unless I just missed it).

You don't really have to make a whole stock of overpowered restoration potions just to be able to make more powerful potions later. What I did was create a super strong enchantment potion, then used that to enchant a piece of jewelry with a super powerful Fortify Alchemy. So now whenever I want to create a really powerful potion, I just put that ring on. I don't have to hold onto a bunch of Fortify Restoration Potions. Plus, unlike the potions, the ring doesn't have a time limit, so I don't have to feel rushed when I'm making my potions.

The way I got a decent stock pile of the long fin and other stuff was to go to the shop in Whiterun. Buy them, then use the fast forward option to FF 48hrs. The shop is then restocked.

christof21

Just going through the process now of trying to level up my alchemy by using the buy skills and then buying all ingredients and making potions.

My god it's long winded and tedious creating these potions. I'm still only at level 23 alchemy.

evoliphant

Should I wait until I have max in enchantment to do this for the dual enchantment effect? Or can I go ahead and do this now with a single effect and then later do another enchantment on top of the armor I already enchanted? How exactly does that dual enchantment thing work, I guess is what I'm really asking.

evoliphant

wow, this totally worked for me. I have to figure out what % is optimal to still make the game playable. I got my smithing gear to ~8000% upgrading and I upgraded my armor and weapons using it and they one shot everything. Way too OP. What is an optimal damage? Right now my stuff is around 400-500 depending on weapon. I would have thought that to be okay on Master setting but I'm not totally sure as I'm still only lvl 36 and probably haven't done even a quarter of all the quests available. Maybe as I level up the damage will sort of even up.

hehe this is one of the exploits that made me quit playing i completely broke the game with an iron dagger dealing 998 damage 2147685 fire damage 2147685 ice damage. ;-; but i am back >:O and rping ;D btw the quickest way i found for this... is using the dawnstar exploit. listen to this.

1. goto dawnstar go to the west side of town near the mine.
2. crouch near a tree that has several rocks around it and point at last rock next to mine entrance. to left of it if ur looking straight at entrance.
3. make sure the khajiit trader is at dawnstar.
4. go talk to her and look at shop
5. get out of shop and run back to chest.
6. loot it all i did was getting soul gems and gold... decent armor though.
7. run back to khajiit DO NOT TALK TO HER
8. save game and kill her then load back up
then repeatsteaps 4-8 for like my record is 16 filled grands 16 common 24 lesser 34 petty and 23 great in 10 mins.

that method will sustain u each run is 750 gold and u can save in alch shop then kill just like u do the khajiit to make her restock ingredients. im sure people have already posted this but i just thought i would throw you my old play style. but this way u get better enchanted armor for basically free. and then you also get money for alchmey.... have fun.

Viridiana

This doesn't seem to work for me, which makes me sad. I do the fortify one handed potions, and my damage goes up to 80 but after a while drops down to 68 again. Any ideas on how to fix this and keep damage permanent? (Xbox 360, unpatched skyrim)

angelsongj

I am trying to do fortify restoration glitch but I don't have the recipe, do I need to eat the ingredients to learn it?

OpheliaRising

So the point here is to wear FOUR
--extreme alchemy-boost enchanted items (FIVE if you use a circlet with a Falmer Helmet, which is the (only?) way to double up on headgear), all at the same time, and drink the fortify restoration potions to amplify THOSE enchantments, which sends your alchemy results through the roof. Like, through the CLOUDS, and to Sovengard. If your ring does help a lot, multiply that by four, then by...I don't know, ten thousand! THEN make your fortify enchantment potions.

OK BTW, the equipped items STAY boosted by the Fort Rest potions until you take them off, no matter how long you play, and this continues through saves and loads if you quit to sleep or something. It is maintained until you UNEQUIP the boosted item/s.

Also the potions are stackable in that they amplify your restoration stats as they are at the time you drink, so if you have just drunk a 100% fort rest potion, then drink another, it will double your already doubled stat, which continues as long as you are drikning them overlapped. THE ONE BUT:
they won't continue past 2 potions if they are all the same strength! I make stacks of different strengths and rotate through them to keep it amplifying from potion to potion as I drink them.

I use the bow mainly (personal challenge since in Oblivion I was extremely archery-challenged) so I employ items with fort marksman to rip through a dragon if I'm not in the mood when one shows up. Sometimes the timing is just absolute CRAP.

Alright, enjoy!

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Awesome, going to try this when I get on soon
Also, here's a video for it and at the end he tells where to get the ingredients

OpheliaRising

I am trying to do fortify restoration glitch but I don't have the recipe, do I need to eat the ingredients to learn it?
What you have to do is make fort restoration potions, enchant items to boost alchemy, wear them, make STRONGER fort rest and enchant potions, and enchant even stronger items, and so on. It will level up your alchemy and enchanting, and prep you to enchant a massive fortify one handed item (or four) and then when you put them on, drink a fortify restoration potion or twelve then re-equip your items right after consuming to apply a mind-blowing boost that will work as long as your superman enchanted item is equipped, through saves and loads as i said. There's a lot of discussion about the exact details if I wasn't specific enough for your liking so you can just search it a little more until you got it down :)

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
Awesome,
I didn't go TOO overboard but I got 1 necklace with 900% Bow DMG and 900% Sneak
A ring with 554% Alteration and 554% Illusion :p
I also got a clean bow as well because I used a bow that I improved and it was reaaally overpowered.

NoobHUNt

You actually dont even need that many ingredients, what I do is just fast travel to the four large cities and buy all the ingredients from the potion stores. With two of those cycles you could get enough ingredients.

The cool thing about the fortify restoration potion with the enhance potion making on the apparels is that if you dont take the apparels off, you keep the high enhance potion active effect and can make any kick-ass potion.

I made an invisibility potion that be invisible for 100000+ seconds, and a fortify carry of +50000 for 300secs. Now I can move all my items from one house to another in a single trip! (Or if you enchant boots or gauntlet with fortify carry and use a strong fortify enchantment potion, you can have a permanent carry an extra 50000.

read this. no weight limit ever. When I started my new Pure mage High Elf, I didn't even buy a whiterun house because of this trick. I just carried my stuff around with Lydia being my pack mule. If I didn't want her to die and risk losing all my stuff, I just gave the command "Wait Here" in Whiterun.
No Weight Limit Guide | Skyrim Forums

Malkavian Raven

This glitch isn't working for, even playing the game unpatched. So, if someone might tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd be eternally grateful.

I've done the Oghma Infinium glitch, so my Alchemy is at 100, plus all of the perks. I've got an Alchemy gear set, four pieces between 21-29%.

I've been putting the gear on, creating the Restoration potion.
Quit the Alchemy Lab, enter the menu & take the potion.
Remove the gear, reapply the gear.
Exit the menu, re-enter the Alchemy Lab & start the process over.

My potions are topping out at 95% for 60 seconds. My gear is only getting up between 35-46%.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I'm playing on a PS3.

~ Malkavian Raven

evoliphant

Take off your alchemy gear before you drink your fortify restoration potion. After you drink it, then put the gear back on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts