Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Elenwen The Enlightened

All Your Provinces Belong To Me
...It's our homeland we don't want to move at all Skyrim is nord homeland...
We don't want you to move either! The Aldmeri Dominion retains servantsnew citizens whenever it acquires new territories. Someone has to fetch the firewood after all and it won't due for Altmers to do so when Nords are so much better suited to the task. Nords are welcome to continue to do all the heavy lifting while the Thalmor go about the more cerebral task of enlightening the minds of Sons and Daughters of Kyne regarding their misguided beliefs about the apotheosis of Tiber Septim and the truths about the NineEight Divines.
...others are welcome as long as they are not imperials
We have a meeting of the minds! The Empire is not welcome and we'll take the necessary steps to make sure they won't be troubling you anymore after which we'll conquerconvince Skyrim to see the error of its ways and join the Aldmeri Dominion as we did in Valenwood and Elsweyr. We look forward to that joyous day of union.

Ulfric Stormcloak

Jarl of Windhelm
We don't want you to move either! The Aldmeri Dominion retains servantsnew citizens whenever it acquires new territories. Someone has to fetch the firewood after all and it won't due for Altmers to do so when Nords are so much better suited to the task. Nords are welcome to continue to do all the heavy lifting while the Thalmor go about the more cerebral task of enlightening the minds of Sons and Daughters of Kyne regarding their misguided beliefs about the apotheosis of Tiber Septim and the truths about the NineEight Divines.
We have a meeting of the minds! The Empire is not welcome and we'll take the necessary steps to make sure they won't be troubling you anymore after which we'll conquerconvince Skyrim to see the error of its ways and join the Aldmeri Dominion as we did in Valenwood and Elsweyr. We look forward to that joyous day of union.

No, You insult us by coming into this thread.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Ulfric: "And damn the Moot! We should risk letting those milkdrinkers put Thorryg [sic]'s woman on the throne? She'll hand Skyrim over to the elves on a silver plate."

Ulfric was right :) That's why you need to join the ranks of the Stormcloaks... to prevent Torygg's woman from getting the throne :)

Photos doesn't belong to me, but I did manage to find these babies :D
tumblr_mdof35Vr0q1qkkw9mo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdof35Vr0q1qkkw9mo2_1280.jpg

Look at this woman getting all cozy with the Thalmor.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Ozan feels this shall be a most interesting turn of events. Khajiit shall bide his time and watch.

((I was in character before it was cool.))

OrexxerO

Wow. This threads been here awhile. Well. I guess I will add my two cents to the train. I picked Stormcloaks because I hated the fact that the Empire was basically the Aldmeri Dominion's puppets and I think that the Stormcloaks have a more valid reason because not only are they fighting for their lands, but their religion was also attacked, regardless of what the elves may believe, that doesn't make it right for them to force their beliefs on another people. The Aldmeri Dominion is one of the most arrogant empires ever, every time I run into the Thalmor agents I don't think twice about decapitating all of them. Then throwing their bodies off the nearest cliff side. And since the Empire is their puppet state, thats why I would never side with them.

(And my original character and current character is a High Elf to boot. :p)

OckhamsFolly

Ideologically, I support the Stormcloak's ideas of self governance and freedom of worship. Practically, Ulfric couldn't administrate his way out of a paper sack. Oh, he cuts a fine figure and turns a pretty phrase, but his war strategy was a mess saved only by the supreme effort of one individual and his city is in shambles. Skyrim would be doomed under his rule.

Fortunately, some of us decided to interpret the war as legitimizing his beliefs, perhaps most crucially that of the right to coronation by combat. We consolidated our assets in Windhelm and worked to fuel the local economy through a wide variety of means. We made sure to assist everyone we could so as to be beloved by the citizens of Eastmarch. We demonstrated our bravery, strength, skill, cunning and loyalty by our extraordinary efforts throughout the civil war. When Ulfric assumes his throne in truth, we will be the obvious choice to replace him as Jarl of Windhelm. And when his inevitable bungling begins to lead Skyrim down the path of ruin, we will be there, regretfully forced by his mismanagement to challenge him for the throne. And he will die.

Only then will Skyrim be able to begin its rise as the dominant power of the Fourth Era, the crown jewel of a new Empire that respects all men, mer, khajiit and argonians as the free people that they are.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Ideologically, I support the Stormcloaks ideas of self governance and freedom of worship. Practically, Ulfric couldn't adminstrate his way out of a paper sack. Oh, he cuts a fine figure and turns a pretty phrase, but his war strategy was a mess saved only by the supreme effort of one individual and his city is in shambles. Skyrim would be doomed under his rule.

Fortunately, some of us decided to interpret the war as legitimizing his beliefs, perhaps most crucially that of the right to coronation by combat. We consolidated our assets in Windhelm and worked to fuel the local economy through a wide variety of means. We made sure to assist everyone we could so as to be beloved by the citizens of Eastmarch. We demonstrated our bravery, strength, skill, cunning and loyalty by our extraordinary efforts throughout the civil war. When Ulfric assumes his throne in truth, we will be the obvious choice to replace him as Jarl of Windhelm. And when his inevitable bungling begins to lead Skyrim down the path of ruin, we will be there, regretfully forced by his mismanagement to challenge him for the throne. And he will die.

Only then will Skyrim be able to begin its rise as the dominant power of the Fourth Era, the crown jewel of a new Empire that respects all men, mer, khajiit and argonians as the free people that they are.

To commit to the Empire is to commit to obedience. Khajiit chose Stormcloak as a sound choice as it isn't only Skyrim which suffers. Hammerfell, Morrowind, many lands lost by the Empire.

The Colovian can not promise one's safety. The Colovian can not ensure one's freedom. Perhaps it is best to seek it yourself as a revolutionary rather than rebel.

OckhamsFolly

To commit to the Empire is to commit to obedience. Khajiit chose Stormcloak as a sound choice as it isn't only Skyrim which suffers. Hammerfell, Morrowind, many lands lost by the Empire.

The Colovian can not promise one's safety. The Colovian can not ensure one's freedom. Perhaps it is best to seek it yourself as a revolutionary rather than rebel.

Who said anything about siding with the decrepit Septim Empire? No, Toza fought the good fight, and Ulfric won his throne in his petty little war. Toza simply also realized that Ulfric was a terrible ruler and has made preparations to save Skyrim from his impending disaster and lead it to being the most powerful force in Tamriel in the Fourth Era. He's an exraordinary fighter, but he's an even more impressive schemer. It's just fortunate that he schemes for good.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Who said anything about siding with the decrepit Septim Empire? No, Toza fought the good fight, and Ulfric won his throne in his petty little war. Toza simply also realized that Ulfric was a terrible ruler and has made preparations to save Skyrim from his impending disaster and lead it to being the most powerful force in Tamriel in the Fourth Era. He's an exraordinary fighter, but he's an even more impressive schemer. It's just fortunate that he schemes for good.

Then Khajiit retracts his statement and formally apologizes as Ozan has spent too much time in this debate.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The war in skyrim is between Nords, friends against friends, a father against a son and brother against brother. A lot of the Stormcloaks and Legion grew up and fought together. Some could be related.

It is called a Civil war because it is Nord vs Nord, the country is split. When you join the Stormcloaks every Legion soldier you kill, you're killing nords also. It isn't just Nords vs Imperials (Race)

So when Stormcloaks are trying to push out the empire, you're trying to kick nords who have lived there all their lives out, some families more than likely going back generations living in Skyrim.

But also being in the Legion, you're not just killing the enemy. Many Stormcloaks and Legion have bled together in the Great War.

It is easy for Nords to call the Empire cowards because they stopped fighting and formed a treaty. Because Nords don't really care, they have an after life that values war, death and honor of dying in combat. But there are many races involved, many innocent people who would have died if war continued. The Emperor is in no way a coward, meeting him and you would see he is far from a coward. Probably one of the most honorable people in Skyrim, him and Kodlak.

What would you have done if you were the Emperor? Your army isn't even at half strength, every city is burning and needs protection, restore order. Morale would be fairly low, battle tired, worn out. You have masses of wounded, soldiers with broken minds from the horror of war. Families torn apart and wanting to be with their husbands, brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers who are serving in the Legion. To get to the Thalmor you need to invade the Summerset Isles, which isn't even connected by land. Infact Ulfric is alive because of the treaty. The Thalmor let him escape from their prison to serve their purposes, wouldn't need him if the war was still on.

If the Stormcloak supporters can come up with a way to win the war, then I'd love to read how you'd do it. Without destroying the empire, and allowing the Thalmor to just stroll in.

You have;
Two provinces to the south that need to be secured, jungles and giant forests.
You have to make sure the Argonians don't plan to expand anymore, need to protect that border.
You don't have a full army, not even half an army left, so below half an army.
Hammerfell is occupied need to help your ally who is still your ally.
Every single city is burning, no farms would be up and running, need to feed your people.
Don't forget you need to supply your forces, since every city is in the crap hole, need to get smiths up and running.
Protection for the civilians, so roads to secure between cities so they can send supplies to each other to rebuild.
Need to place soldiers in towns because town guards would have been mostly wiped out.
Your ships also are mostly destroyed from the Naval battle in the river that surrounds the Imperial city.
Need to attack the Thalmor at the Summerset Isles who are defending their homeland now, so it'll be a battle for every inch, cities to take over, forts etc. Have to make sure you're supplied with reinforcements which would take quite sometime to get there since you have limited ships.

Or you can have peace talks, to stop further blood shed and allow soldiers (Nords, dark elves, high elves, bretons, orcs, and imperials) to return to their homes and loved ones. Rebuild your forces and repair your cities, and get money going, since war is costly. Ban the worship of Talos but never enforce it, give chests of gold to the Jarls of Skyrim, (We don't even know if these are a bribe, they could have been for lost soldiers, the fact that skyrim would of lost a lot of money as well in the war. For all we know chests were sent to Highrock also.)

RTSullivan-DragonBorn

Premium Member
You are all of you beneath me!

Docta Corvina

Well, I see it's business as usual in here. :confused:

I still find it oddly humorous that people think siding Imperial is "the majority opinion". Seems I'm missing something, as I've always found it to be the opposite case. But then, I'm not really keeping "tabs" on the overall debates. I'm only interested enough to keep posting when I see disagreeable opinions or misstated/untrue *facts*. :p

Docta Corvina

Ulfric: "And damn the Moot! We should risk letting those milkdrinkers put Thorryg [sic]'s woman on the throne? She'll hand Skyrim over to the elves on a silver plate."

Ulfric was right :) That's why you need to join the ranks of the Stormcloaks... to prevent Torygg's woman from getting the throne :)

Photos doesn't belong to me, but I did manage to find these babies :D
tumblr_mdof35Vr0q1qkkw9mo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdof35Vr0q1qkkw9mo2_1280.jpg

Look at this woman getting all cozy with the Thalmor.

She actually looks a bit distressed here to me (and for good reason), but maybe that's just me. o_O

Rolff Stone-Fist

Town Drunk
Methinks we have an Imperial spy functioning as an imposter in order to sow discord into the ranks and make the Stormcloak cause appear futile and damaging.

Hey, maybe the reason those grey-skins don't help in the war is because they're imperial spies! Those Thalmor are elves too. I bet they're working together. Maybe I should round up some men and take us a few prisoners to interrogate.