Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ny Starfire

The Stormcloaks really don't like people who aren't Nords, so you may want to go with the Empire since they are more accepting of all races. There are no special abilities that you gain from joining one faction or the other; but you get rewarded with different kinds of weapons and armor for your contributions to the cause.

If you want to get involved more in the magic I would recommend joining the Mage's Guild.
I agree, the storm looks are more prejudice of the other races, I was met with a lot of flak playing as a cat. But as a Nord I was more accepted and npcs were more friendly to me

Immortal

I will say that if insults directed at dunmer play a factor in your decision then you really need to get your priorities in order, The empire literally decides to kill you for absolutely no reason and not just you but a guy who attempted to steal a horse is to be executed as well as if stealing a horse is so egregious that death is warranted, And when the empire has to execute someone they insist on doing it in the middle of a hamlet in front of the children so you see a parent rushing his kid inside the house so he doesn't have to see something so horrible. Then you go through a torture chamber with corpses suspended from the ceiling in cages and if you followed Hadvar the torturer brags about how he listened to a man beg for water in a cage until he eventually died, and given that the empire doesn't seem to care about pesky things like checking to see if you got the right guy or trials, I suspect that many of those corpses in the torture chambers were innocent. Hadvar values his job more than what is right and won't lift a finger to protest and Tullius stand around in ear shot so it's not Just the captain who is evil. You also find the abandoned prison dungeon under a waterfall where the empire slaughters all of their prisoners in cold blood.

Somehow you look at this and don't bat an eye. Innocent lives be damned, No what really matters is some drunk guy in windhelm calling you names. That is THE thing that sends you into a murderous a rage and makes you take a stand on the battlefield. The most heinous of crimes.

Well, You don't have to like me, You don't have to invite me over for dinner or do business with me. That is freedom and I am concerned about actual unethical actions like death squads abducting and torturing people for worshipping talos, I have bigger fish to fry.

Last edited:
I will say that if insults directed at dunmer play a factor in your decision then you really need to get your priorities in order, The empire literally decides to kill you for absolutely no reason and not just you but a guy who attempted to steal a horse is to be executed as well as if stealing a horse is so egregious that death is warranted, And when the empire has to execute someone they insist on doing it in the middle of a hamlet in front of the children so you see a parent rushing his kid inside the house so he doesn't have to see something so horrible. Then you go through a torture chamber with corpses suspended from the ceiling in cages and if you followed Hadvar the torturer brags about how he listened to a man beg for water in a cage until he eventually died, and given that the empire doesn't seem to care about pesky things like checking to see if you got the right guy or trials, I suspect that many of those corpses in the torture chambers were innocent. Hadvar values his job more than what is right and won't lift a finger to protest and Tullius stand around in ear shot so it's not Just the captain who is evil. You also find the abandoned prison dungeon under a waterfall where the empire slaughters all of their prisoners in cold blood.

Somehow you look at this and don't bat an eye. Innocent lives be damned, No what really matters is some drunk guy in windhelm calling you names. That is THE thing that sends you into a murderous a rage and makes you take a stand on the battlefield. The most heinous of crimes.

Well, You don't have to like me, You don't have to invite me over for dinner or do business with me. That is freedom and I am concerned about actual unethical actions like death squads abducting and torturing people for worshipping talos, I have bigger fish to fry.

Be at peace, comrade! As much as I wish to live in Tamriel, these aren't real people we are talking about. I mean, we're talking about a game where you can play as a ruthless assassin that tortures people for wealth. Anyone really into Skyrim has played the Dark Brotherhood questline at least once, right? We shouldn't hold people accountable for what they do in games, as bizarre as games get nowadays. All of us have saved our game before slaughtering a whole city, just to go back to that save and continue as nothing had happened. I think it's pretty unfair to go off on someone and say they need to get their priorities in order for discussing why they make in-game decisions. But hey, that's just silly ol me. :annaglomp: Just be nice, k?

Immortal

Don't worry, I am not denigrating RPers, It's just a game. But I am trying to explain why the Stormcloaks are correct or would be if this world was real

Mood Muzik

Don't worry, I am not denigrating RPers, It's just a game. But I am trying to explain why the Stormcloaks are correct or would be if this world was real

Stating the Stormcloaks are "correct or would be if this world was real" is certainly a strong, opinionated stretch to put it lightly.

"Some drunk guy calling you names" is not what transpires from Stormcloaks - what actually happens is the multitude of hate crimes and racial attacks on citizens that aren't Nord, as cited throughout Skyrim by it's many inhabitants.... Let's not pretend it's just some playful name-calling - it's actual hate crimes and racial attacks. Clear xenophobia by their part.

Yes, beheading a horse thief is extreme, and sure we almost get beheaded at the beginning because we were caught with Ulfric crossing the border.. but we're fully grown adult men - so how do you feel about Ulfric and the Stormcloaks murdering innocents, murdering those who take no side in the war, and beheading innocent children in front of their fathers? Let's not gloss over THAT lol. Yes, Hail Ulfric the Kind.

Then there's the whole debate on whether you agree or not that Ulfric murdered the Toryyg in cold blood haha.

If that's what makes the Stormcloaks "correct", and you're not "batting an eye" to these actual unethical actions... then I suggest you rethink their atrocities you're overlooking because you prefer them over the Imperials.

Also to the worshipping of Talos, we have our guy in the middle of Whiterun loudly professing his faith in the city center with guards walking by completely ignoring him and leaving him unharmed, let alone allowing the Shrine of Talos left completely untouched and those who go lol. So it's certainly not absolute.

War crimes and atrocities are committed on both sides because of the tumultuous time Skyrim is in. That's the point of having them and the backstory they have. To make the player weigh out their opinion and personal feelings over to who's the least despicable in their actions. The whole point is it's not a cut and dry, black and white decision lol.

Peace brother.

Last edited:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts