Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
I've got an idea. Lets all say something nice to the opposite team. If you're an Imperial/Empire hater you must say nothing but nice things to the Empire... and vice versa with the Stormcloak.

Can it be possible? Can the haters of both sides say something nice to the opposite side of the team?
I'll start first :)

I hate the Empire and the Legion but....

I think their logo is pretty damn nice. I've always been a fan of dragon designs :) If I was a tattoo junkie I would of probably gotten a tattoo of this logo :)
TESV_Banner_Legion.png

Legate Rikke...
tumblr_luw2aoWBeP1qd5nizo1_400.jpg

Whats not to love about her? Shes feisty and buxom. I like a woman that can dominating, and can be in charge. If only she was a General in Skyrim, and not some legate It would've been a hell of a lot better to side with the Imperials.

Brina Merilis :) Whats not to like about this former Legate of the great war? It's evidently clear that shes a better Jarl than Skald. Instead of taunting the poor PTSD sufferer Madena to use her destruction magic for the war... she wants her to use her restoration magic to heel the injured instead. It even shocked the court wizard herself when she (as a Jarl) asked her. Horik is also a pretty decent guy :)

Emperor Titus Mede II... Even know I hate the man for selling the founding father of the Empire and the Nordic traditions to the damn elves... He did a good job making me feel like plops when I was sent to assassinate him. I expected him to give me a run for my own money; a boss like fight, but the old man just stood there, and done nothing. How can I kill the bastard that hasn't provoked me in a hostile manner? I felt like surrendering to to him out of pure guilt. I would accepted my faith as he takes me to Cyrodiil to await for my execution.

I like the uniforms :)

Oh and how can you not forget this? (I know it's not in skyrim)

A song version :D

FullmetalHeart20

Raijin!!!!! (Hug) I forgive you for every post that made my blood boil! I'll have to look a bit more into the civil war if I want to say more good things about them, but I like how they can accept an elf, even an Altmer, without knowing anything about them besides they can kill an ice wraith.

Raijin

Raijin!!!!! (Hug) I forgive you for every post that made my blood boil! I'll have to look a bit more into the civil war if I want to say more good things about them, but I like how they can accept an elf, even an Altmer, without knowing anything about them besides they can kill an ice wraith.

Its safe to say that we all did our fair share of boiling up each other blood with our strong political belief :)

I forgot to add in (I wont edit my post again; I did plenty already) that I liked the idea that Rikke actually challenged me by killing a bunch of bandits at a fort. I was disappointed that Galmar didn't give me much of a challenge by killing just an Ice wraith. It was pretty lame.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I've got an idea. Lets all say something nice to the opposite team. If you're an Imperial/Empire hater you must say nothing but nice things to the Empire... and vice versa with the Stormcloak.

Can it be possible? Can the haters of both sides say something nice to the opposite side of the team?

Ulfric Stormcloak is a brilliant military leader and tactician, I would put him in front of my army in a heart beat. He knows how to fight and raise moral. I still would never put him in charge of a country, but he's a natural born military leader. Just too emotional and personal to be a king.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
Though Ozan appreciates the idea that the Empire can execute whomever they desire with little reason and accept the near executed within their ranks and accept the idea that it was a HORRIBLE misunderstanding (which could have been fatal), Ozan would side with the Empire... Then murder his commandant and give whatever it is the Empire desired to the Stormcloaks and be about Ozan's way.

However, if politesse is truly desired along with politics, then who is Ozan to disagree, hrm?

The Empire (which holds Khajiiti lands) is strong. Organized and well armed. But are they not crumbling? The Filthy Argonians expand into Morrowind. The Aldmeri Elves hold many lands, including Ozan's beloved Elsweyr. The Empire possibly only bears a firm grip to the North. If Skyrim is to be invaded by Elves, it would be by sea. And what fleet measures well among the ice and waves of the north?

The Aldmeri Elves would strike the Empire first. Would the Empire lose? Its likely, but the Nords would invade Colovian lands, killing Elves and perhaps even Khajiit... Not something to be envied, but the Colovian Imperials would kill Khajiit as well. This will not be helped. Perhaps the Nord would be more merciful to Khajiit as Khajiit have not offended the Nord historically.

Regardless, one must also remember that the Nord is a warrior people. A free people. Though many side with the Empire, who would side with who in future generations? Hrm? Stormcloak would remain as a vigilante group fighting for the people. Each killed is a martyr. And what of the Colovian? The Colovian is a symbol, not a person. Should a Colovian die, then only Colovian would know. Nameless figures in a savage land. This is what the Empire desires?

Ozan also wishes to remind one that the Nord isn't as racist as one would think. Ozan... is racist, to a degree. Windhelm is no haven for the Dunmer and the Argonian. Problem? No. The streets are cleaner without the filthy Argonian and Scheming Dunmer. What of Khajiit? Are they not the target of bigotry?

Only mildly. Khajiit are uncommon. They are not trusted here. But... the Colovian Nord do the same. What can one say of this? Why not deem the Colovian as racist as well?

Because they are Colovian! They ruled over Khajiiti lands in the past, they accept them, yes?

No. Khajiit has fought a war in the shadows before against the Colovian... and now the Nord does this as well? The Nord is Khajiit's friend. Nord will always be, even if they do not know it.

Ozan has cast his lot for the Blue Nord.

FullmetalHeart20

Though Ozan appreciates the idea that the Empire can execute whomever they desire with little reason and accept the near executed within their ranks and accept the idea that it was a HORRIBLE misunderstanding (which could have been fatal), Ozan would side with the Empire... Then murder his commandant and give whatever it is the Empire desired to the Stormcloaks and be about Ozan's way.

However, if politesse is truly desired along with politics, then who is Ozan to disagree, hrm?

The Empire (which holds Khajiiti lands) is strong. Organized and well armed. But are they not crumbling? The Filthy Argonians expand into Morrowind. The Aldmeri Elves hold many lands, including Ozan's beloved Elsweyr. The Empire possibly only bears a firm grip to the North. If Skyrim is to be invaded by Elves, it would be by sea. And what fleet measures well among the ice and waves of the north?

The Aldmeri Elves would strike the Empire first. Would the Empire lose? Its likely, but the Nords would invade Colovian lands, killing Elves and perhaps even Khajiit... Not something to be envied, but the Colovian Imperials would kill Khajiit as well. This will not be helped. Perhaps the Nord would be more merciful to Khajiit as Khajiit have not offended the Nord historically.

Regardless, one must also remember that the Nord is a warrior people. A free people. Though many side with the Empire, who would side with who in future generations? Hrm? Stormcloak would remain as a vigilante group fighting for the people. Each killed is a martyr. And what of the Colovian? The Colovian is a symbol, not a person. Should a Colovian die, then only Colovian would know. Nameless figures in a savage land. This is what the Empire desires?

Ozan also wishes to remind one that the Nord isn't as racist as one would think. Ozan... is racist, to a degree. Windhelm is no haven for the Dunmer and the Argonian. Problem? No. The streets are cleaner without the filthy Argonian and Scheming Dunmer. What of Khajiit? Are they not the target of bigotry?

Only mildly. Khajiit are uncommon. They are not trusted here. But... the Colovian Nord do the same. What can one say of this? Why not deem the Colovian as racist as well?

Because they are Colovian! They ruled over Khajiiti lands in the past, they accept them, yes?

No. Khajiit has fought a war in the shadows before against the Colovian... and now the Nord does this as well? The Nord is Khajiit's friend. Nord will always be, even if they do not know it.

Ozan has cast his lot for the Blue Nord.
Wow. You do know you're not really a cat person. Right?

Cadaver

These beetle headed scullions lay dead at their own hand the empire and there subservient dogs spayed heresy towards the rightful high king of skyrim his majesty Ulfric stormcloak the leader of the brave and noble stormcloaks who will rid skyrim of the imperial infestation that has plagued the lives of the innocent, just as general Tullius has poisoned their minds, and he will pay with his life for his intoxicating rants about the mighty Ulfric stand with me true sons and daughter of skyrim and relive the power hungry maniacs that love their power so that they are willing to blindly enter a war that they have no chance of winning, we will send them back to their fiery set pit where justice will prevail and they will die!

FullmetalHeart20

These beetle headed scullions lay dead at their own hand the empire and there subservient dogs spayed heresy towards the rightful high king of skyrim his majesty Ulfric stormcloak the leader of the brave and noble stormcloaks who will rid skyrim of the imperial infestation that has plagued the lives of the innocent, just as general Tullius has poisoned their minds, and he will pay with his life for his intoxicating rants about the mighty Ulfric stand with me true sons and daughter of skyrim and relive the power hungry maniacs that love their power so that they are willing to blindly enter a war that they have no chance of winning, we will send them back to their fiery set pit where justice will prevail and they will die!
You do realize it's not an infestation, right? Skyrim chose to be a part of the Empire. Also, I think someone's a bit too much in character.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Its safe to say that we all did our fair share of boiling up each other blood with our strong political belief :)

I forgot to add in (I wont edit my post again; I did plenty already) that I liked the idea that Rikke actually challenged me by killing a bunch of bandits at a fort. I was disappointed that Galmar didn't give me much of a challenge by killing just an Ice wraith. It was pretty lame.

Yeah what was the deal with that stupid ice wraith, besides the fact it was a bitch to get to, I mean come on I've killed like 50 of the buggers and you pick an ice wraith to challenge me but the ice wraith is in the middle of no where, on an ice shelf protecting a standing stone.

I just hate the walk mainly.

Raijin

Yeah what was the deal with that stupid ice wraith, besides the fact it was a bitch to get to, I mean come on I've killed like 50 of the buggers and you pick an ice wraith to challenge me but the ice wraith is in the middle of no where, on an ice shelf protecting a standing stone.

I just hate the walk mainly.

I suppose the logic behind the far distance is to prove that you have the endurance. I blame Bethesda for the piss poor writing, and not giving the option of reminding Galmar that you're the Dragonborn, and that you've killed Alduin. It doesn't make a lot of sense, really. By saying that you're the Dragonborn should be more then enough to join the Stormcloaks without doing some kind of ridiculous test of killing an Ice wrath.

When you ask Galmar "Does every recruit have to do this?"
He replies back with: "Only the ones I'm not sure about. This will prove your abilities, but more importantly, it will prove your commitment."

It kind of pisses me off... especially since after I saved his Nordic ancestors in Sovngarde from getting devoured by Alduin.

No fault on Galmar thought. I blame Bethesda.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I suppose the logic behind the far distance is to prove that you have the endurance. I blame Bethesda for the piss poor writing, and not giving the option of reminding Galmar that you're the Dragonborn, and that you've killed Alduin. It doesn't make a lot of sense, really. By saying that you're the Dragonborn should be more then enough to join the Stormcloaks without doing some kind of ridiculous test of killing an Ice wrath.

When you ask Galmar "Does every recruit have to do this?"
He replies back with: "Only the ones I'm not sure about. This will prove your abilities, but more importantly, it will prove your commitment."

It kind of pisses me off... especially since after I saved his Nordic ancestors in Sovngarde from getting devoured by Alduin.

No fault on Galmar thought. I blame Bethesda.

Considering you escape Helgan for the most part with your hands tied down should make you legend enough.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I like Ulfric's voice.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
Also I think the war was a bit stupid as the imperials shouldn't have invaded Skyrim in the first place, but I avenged Skyrim by litterally killing every imperial and anyone who believed in the imperials should be incharge. My opinion.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Also I think the war was a bit stupid as the imperials shouldn't have invaded Skyrim in the first place, but I avenged Skyrim by litterally killing every imperial and anyone who believed in the imperials should be incharge. My opinion.
...you realize that the Empire isn't invading Skyrim, right?

Raijin

I must disagree with this statement. The Empire/Imperials are not invading Skyrim. If you look at the lore Skyrim is the province of the Empire. Ulfric Stormcloak is fighting with the Imperials because he among his Nord militia want Skyrim to be free from the Empire, which they consider weak and unfit to rule Skyrim. They also want Skyrim to have no involvements whatsoever with the White-Gold Concordat (Worshiping Talos is part of their culture and heritage) that the Emperor himself signed to end the war against the Aldmeri Dominion.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
ok well I'm not going to get into a conflict about it my personal opinion is I don't like the imperials and I think they shouldn't be inchrage of anything!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts