Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Oh right, the self absorbed one who doesn't do anything. My second guess of course.

Couple of those.

And hes obviously important enough to the Nords to instill wide scale rebellion

Yes and no, the banning of Talos didn't give Ulfric majority of his support. Wasn't until he killed High King Torygg that many joined his cause.

Which is no longer considered the same, the Nords no longer refer to Talos as Ysmir, but use the Nine Divines. Two hundred years ago they didn't want Akatosh, instead wanted the Dragon Ysmir. Since there are shrines to Akatosh in Skyrim, it shows that the Imperial Cult managed to convert large numbers of Nords.

Wrong, Mara being a Handmaiden is only seen in the Old Ways not in the Nordic View of the Divines. thats not even a thing.

It isn't wrong, it is how the Nords interpret the Divines. If it is only "The Old Ways" why do those exact same Priests say they serve the Eight Divines?

Mara is still the Goddess of Love in Skyrim, being Handmaiden to Kyne doesn't change anything, as Kyne is considered the same as Kynareth by followers of the Nine Divines.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Couple of those.

Yes and no, the banning of Talos didn't give Ulfric majority of his support. Wasn't until he killed High King Torygg that many joined his cause.

Which is no longer considered the same, the Nords no longer refer to Talos as Ysmir, but use the Nine Divines. Two hundred years ago they didn't want Akatosh, instead wanted the Dragon Ysmir. Since there are shrines to Akatosh in Skyrim, it shows that the Imperial Cult managed to convert large numbers of Nords.

It isn't wrong, it is how the Nords interpret the Divines. If it is only "The Old Ways" why do those exact same Priests say they serve the Eight Divines?

Mara is still the Goddess of Love in Skyrim, being Handmaiden to Kyne doesn't change anything, as Kyne is considered the same as Kynareth by followers of the Nine Divines.
I'd say you win here, however I do want to note that the Nords interestingly enough do still worship Ysmir, no not the Dragon variant of Akatosh seen in Oblivion, more like the one that is Talos just with a different name. When I freed a Stormcloak Prisoner earlier today, he said to me in thanks "Ysmir's blessing onto you". Now normally when Nord NPCs talk about Ysmir it's because, like you said, it is used in exclamation rather than in a religious sense however this time it sounded religious. I think he's just referring to Talos in his Nordic name. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
1. Drunkenmage has proved you and many others before you wrong with this on multiple occasions.
What? what has me proved me wrong on? The Bear of Markarth? Jarl Elisif being a bad High Queen? The so called "murder" of Dead King Torygg? Restate my point and refute it, otherwise I won't know what you're talking about.

2. You just admitted that they are innocent and It's not about money, you are a citizen of the Empire and it is the Legions job like it or not to protect you.
Well they're doing a pretty horrible job at it.

3. What do we do? Everything. (Fixed your obvious error)
Give me examples, I see none. Obviously if you were doing everything there wouldn't be a rebellion in the first place.

4. So you think that the ENTIRE Penitus Oculatus is in Skyrim? Let alone working on the Dark Brotherhood?
Yes and to protect the Emperor thats it.

5.The Thalmor is in Skyrim, not the Dominion forces themselves.
Semantics. The Thalmor are a sect of the Dominion, therefore
The Dominion, or at least a part of it is in Skyrim. You've failed to keep them out, Imperial we fight to preserve our way of life and you allow the only people who want to oppress us within our borders.

6. So you would rather have them kidnap ANYONE who they thought is a Talos Worshiper?
What is your argument here? I don't see it? No, I don't, obviously. They already do that anyway, if they see one shred of evidence that a person worships Talos they're sent to the dungeons.

7. Oh you're right, when an entire nation suffers critical casualties and impending anihalation and signs a treaty to live to fight another day, I'm sure that the losing nation could just completely dominate the enemy frce within a week or so....
Skyrim was still willing to fight, thats why you have pretty much every Jarl regretting the White Gold Concordant being signed. And obviously so was Hammerfell, they signed that treaty to save their own skins.

8. The unknown amount of deaths involving Dominion espionage and Cloak and Dagger. Also those soldiers are just one Legion, the rest is on the border. Why do you think Ulfric was so hesitant to spill royal blood?
Probably because he doesn't want to wage war on the entire Empire he just wants them out of Skyrim.

9. Oh it's enough, you are just screwing yourselves.
The only people screwed here are you and your "Empire" of three weak provinces.

10. Sure we will just completely leave Skyrim, full retraction, Yea it's not going to last long. If I have to explain why , than you are just close-minded.
Please do, we'd be a lot happier with you. The Dominion won't invade they have no way of getting to Skyrim from Summerset safely.

11. Mage has answered this.
What? What has he answered? You're going to have to restate have to restate the question. Didn't they teach you that in grade school?

12. Yes your right, we never protect our civilians. I believe TES Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion Disagree.
Well Skyrim agrees.

13. Thus why I don't bother with RP''rs in a factual debate.
Oh okay you want me to give you facts, okay. how about the time you Imperials cut down a woman who served as a field medic who was totally defenseless? You claim to be fighting for the weak yet anyone wearing A Stormcloak Uniform or anyone even remotely close to the Stormcloaks is immediately branded a traitor whether they're innocent or not. The player experiences this first hand. Not to mention you torture people for information, a method even your own soldiers frown upon.

14. Again all TES games disagree. Pointless accusation.
Give me one point in Skyrim other than Helgen when the Imperials were helping people out of the kindness of their hearts rather than because of some ulterior motive. You can't call yourselves the ethical choice because you aren't. Maybe the Logical choice but not the ethical one. It goes like this:
Imperials: Logical choice; because they have a better chance of rebuilding Skyrim after the civil war with their better resources.
Stormcloaks: Ethical choice; because they actually fight for their belief systems and want to give people the freedom of Religion. They don't torture people and kidnap them in the middle of the night for worshiping or not worshiping a god.
Thalmor: Asshole choice; If you wanna be a big asshole join these douchebags.
Its just like Gerdur said: "The Empire may have been good for Skyrim once upon a time, but those days are long past. Banning the worship of Talos was the last straw. Thalmor everywhere, dragging people off for honoring our own gods! I'm glad Ralof is helping drive them out of here. If I was a bit younger, I might have joined the fight myself."
Forgive me for numbering, but I'm busy and numbering for me is a little faster.
1. I apologize if you do not understand as I have read every single page of this thread, in fact it was quite recently that he mage disproved any argument against the validity of "The Bear Of Markarth". Look back 40-50 or so pages.
2. So I guess The Legions sucked and were completely decimated during The Great War?
3. We have a spy ring that intercepts information that the Thalmor have planned, we have soldiers on the front line preventing the Dominion from advancing on Skyrim and Cyrodiil any more than they already have, we prevent the Thalmor from committing any more atrocities than they can get away with, we have strategists working constantly to prepare for the upcoming war, we have provinces that we feed and trade with, we have people STILL dying to protect farmers, ex-soldiers and innocents like you! What do you do?
4. DrunkenMage has already proven your statement incorrect.
5. You are generalizing now and reverting back to roleplay due to lack of validity in your counter arguments.
6. My argument here is that the Thalmor can ONLY seize citizens or individuals who proclaim their beliefs out loud. Would you rather they have the right to persecute and seize anyone they see fit?
7. Skyrim was not "willing to fight". If I recall, an excerpt from the book "The Great War" states- "The Empire was ready to accept peace at almost any cost..."
8. Exactly, If the Empire wanted to, they could crush the rebellion. However that would result in a break in the Empires formation leaving them vulnerable to another attempted assault.
9. So you just claimed that Skyrim is also weak? Good job.
10. You would be safe for a while. But with Skyrim split from the Empire, Imperial forces would be hindered and halted. Resulting in an easier invasion of Cyrodiil and soon after Skyrim.
11. Insults get you nowhere. If you go back and read, he clearly disproves your acclaim of the Penitus Oculatus. Honestly, he didn't need to disprove you, it's quite obvious.
12. Half of Skyrim.
13. Mage also explained this. I will answer regardless. Btw you said you would give me facts, not a question. It is correct to say in modern day warfare deaths of medics are looked down upon. Since WW2 Factions on both sides tried their absolute best not to kill a medic, but it happened regardless. In the Korean war and the Vietnam war, these rules were disregarded. This however is medieval times, looking back at ancient Europe, there are no records whatsoever of this "Rule Of War". In conclusion, it was maybe looked down upon. Illegal? I don't believe so.
14. Mage! Tap out! I leave this one to you. :p

Ondolemar

Right so in summation Mikulas, Akatosh is really Ysmir, whom the heretics in the Imp Gov back in the day borrowed some of his credit for their big PR campaign.

The Empire defeated the Dominion in the most a$$ way possible, however that wasn't enough. They had to defeat our pantheon, our religion too. Seems fitting they made a great man into a God.

I don't know what's more disturbing, the fact they did this or the fact they got away with it for so long.

Ondolemar

ill answer #10:

"10. You would be safe for a while. But with Skyrim split from the Empire, Imperial forces would be hindered and halted. Resulting in an easier invasion of Cyrodiil and soon after Skyrim."

IF the Empire were to fall, or Skyrim was to secede, good news is you have options! :)

You could probably exist for a while without having to worry about it however things would just depend on how fast the Empire goes down OR how fast Skyrim descends into further chaos w/ more Civil Unrest for whatever reason.

IF Skyrim secedes, the Empire is dead. Now, the Imperials would be afforded to use the name "Empire of Cyrodil", however without Skyrim it wouldn't go far. Highrock is holding on but in pretty bad shape after some pirate problems and internal disputes. There is no way they could help Cyrodil or the Empire on a mass scale without Skyrim. And Cyrodil would suffer considerable attrition at the loss of their anti-mage infantry. Empire would have whatever they have, it would be hard to call on Highrock to get any new re-enforcements, not to mention Hammerfell and Skyrim would prob be giving order to Highrock as well, not to imply that any of these parties would be allied, I don't think that's possible.

IF the Thalmor wage war again, Cyrodil would be the primary target, out of necessity more than anything else. Hammerfell would be nice but bringing down Cyrodil, even part of it would be key. Cyrodil prob has enough defenses to withstand the primary invasion, sure. The problem: No re-enforcements. As Legions and their other combined arms resources are expended, the Imperial economy will be crushed to bejesus and back trying to pay for re-enforcements WITHOUT Skyrim and Highrock. Like crushing a tomato can. Not to mention the Emperor is gong to resign, so the man who established a stalemate with us last time won't be there to lend experience on the matter.

Skyrim's secession effectively surrounds Cyrodil with people who hate them or don't care about them. Which is an all time winner strat throughout history... Cyrodil being surrounded in this manner guarantees their defeat. Hammerfell and Skyrim will mind their own business and wouldn't help out of spite. Argonia might trade with Cyrodil but nothing more. Morrowind is still barely hanging on.

So, count on Cyrodil being consumed by the Thalmor. Then we have the center of the map. The center is extremely valuable real-estate in any conflict because you can go anywhere you want. Kinda like Boardwalk in that Monopoly game. Whoever controls Cyrodil, controls what goes on in Tamriel. Then, the Thalmor play Hammerfell vs Highrock vs Skyrim vs Hammerfell. And Morrowind and Argonia will be smart enough to stick to keep their mouth shut and mind their own damn business, same as always.

Easy peesy lemon squeezy.

General Charles Xander

ill answer #10:

"10. You would be safe for a while. But with Skyrim split from the Empire, Imperial forces would be hindered and halted. Resulting in an easier invasion of Cyrodiil and soon after Skyrim."

IF the Empire were to fall, or Skyrim was to secede, good news is you have options! :)

You could probably exist for a while without having to worry about it however things would just depend on how fast the Empire goes down OR how fast Skyrim descends into further chaos w/ more Civil Unrest for whatever reason.

IF Skyrim secedes, the Empire is dead. Now, the Imperials would be afforded to use the name "Empire of Cyrodil", however without Skyrim it wouldn't go far. Highrock is holding on but in pretty bad shape after some pirate problems and internal disputes. There is no way they could help Cyrodil or the Empire on a mass scale without Skyrim. And Cyrodil would suffer considerable attrition at the loss of their anti-mage infantry. Empire would have whatever they have, it would be hard to call on Highrock to get any new re-enforcements, not to mention Hammerfell and Skyrim would prob be giving order to Highrock as well, not to imply that any of these parties would be allied, I don't think that's possible.

IF the Thalmor wage war again, Cyrodil would be the primary target, out of necessity more than anything else. Hammerfell would be nice but bringing down Cyrodil, even part of it would be key. Cyrodil prob has enough defenses to withstand the primary invasion, sure. The problem: No re-enforcements. As Legions and their other combined arms resources are expended, the Imperial economy will be crushed to bejesus and back trying to pay for re-enforcements WITHOUT Skyrim and Highrock. Like crushing a tomato can. Not to mention the Emperor is gong to resign, so the man who established a stalemate with us last time won't be there to lend experience on the matter.

Skyrim's secession effectively surrounds Cyrodil with people who hate them or don't care about them. Which is an all time winner strat throughout history... Cyrodil being surrounded in this manner guarantees their defeat. Hammerfell and Skyrim will mind their own business and wouldn't help out of spite. Argonia might trade with Cyrodil but nothing more. Morrowind is still barely hanging on.

So, count on Cyrodil being consumed by the Thalmor. Then we have the center of the map. The center is extremely valuable real-estate in any conflict because you can go anywhere you want. Kinda like Boardwalk in that Monopoly game. Whoever controls Cyrodil, controls what goes on in Tamriel. Then, the Thalmor play Hammerfell vs Highrock vs Skyrim vs Hammerfell. And Morrowind and Argonia will be smart enough to stick to keep their mouth shut and mind their own damn business, same as always.

Easy peesy lemon squeezy.
Don't assume I didn't read your post, some it is quite possibly speculative although reinforced. However I said that It would result in an easier attempt towards Cyrodiil, not It resulting in the Empires death. :)

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
It's fine I understand what its like for a newcomer. I was that way too not too long ago

1. I apologize if you do not understand as I have read every single page of this thread, in fact it was quite recently that he mage disproved any argument against the validity of "The Bear Of Markarth". Look back 40-50 or so pages.
This was before I've investigated the book further and came to these conclusions, you'll have to refute it yourself if you wan't to change my viewpoint. Besides, even Drunken said that the book was Bias.

2. So I guess The Legions sucked and were completely decimated during The Great War?
Pretty much, Yeah. It was stated in "The Great War" that:
"two legions were effectively annihilated and not a single Legion had more than half of its original numbers"

3. We have a spy ring that intercepts information that the Thalmor have planned, we have soldiers on the front line preventing the Dominion from advancing on Skyrim and Cyrodiil any more than they already have, we prevent the Thalmor from committing any more atrocities than they can get away with, we have strategists working constantly to prepare for the upcoming war, we have provinces that we feed and trade with, we have people STILL dying to protect farmers, ex-soldiers and innocents like you! What do you do?
We fight for the freedom that you won't protect because of a damn Treaty you had to sign to not be completely destroyed by the Elves. We fight for the Nords of Skyrim that are tired of being treated like lesser beings by our "watchful protectors" for having different customs.

Every time you say this I don't know what you mean because you're numbering and not restating my argument. I get it, you're new, and you're busy but can you just please copy and paste my argument and then say what you have to or just refute it so I understand what you;re trying to get at. That would be a lot easier for both of us.

5. You are generalizing now and reverting back to roleplay due to lack of validity in your counter arguments.
When was I roleplaying in that statement? I didn't roleplay once in my last post.

6. My argument here is that the Thalmor can ONLY seize citizens or individuals who proclaim their beliefs out loud. Would you rather they have the right to persecute and seize anyone they see fit?
They already do that, whats your point, Ogmund didn't declare his Talos Worship out loud and he was still Persecuted by the Thalmor because they had you snoop around for them. They can easily do that themselves however.

7. Skyrim was not "willing to fight". If I recall, an excerpt from the book "The Great War" states- "The Empire was ready to accept peace at almost any cost..."
Then why do the Jarls hate the The White Gold Concordant even being mentioned, even the Imperial ones? Why is Jarl Balgruuf so angry when Irileth asks if it was cowardly to accept the White Gold Concordant? Why does he say it wasn't his choice and that he was forced to like it? Why is there a rebellion in Skyrim which bases one of its reasons for having such rebellion on the Empire signing the White Gold Concordant? Skyrim was unscathed during the Great War except for the Reachmen taking over Markarth. They wanted to keep fighting but the Empire didn't because the province of Cyrodiil as a whole was weakened.

8. Exactly, If the Empire wanted to, they could crush the rebellion. However that would result in a break in the Empires formation leaving them vulnerable to another attempted assault.
My point is Ulfric doesn't want to wage war on the Empire and risk the lives of his soldiers he just wants them out of Skyrim so that Skyrim can rule itself.

Yeah it is weak. Weak because a weak Empire is ruling it and because there is a rebellion going on.

10. You would be safe for a while. But with Skyrim split from the Empire, Imperial forces would be hindered and halted. Resulting in an easier invasion of Cyrodiil and soon after Skyrim.
So now you're saying the Imperials can't handle the Dominion that they've been preparing for for twenty years? I'm glad I'm in your hands.

11. Insults get you nowhere. If you go back and read, he clearly disproves your acclaim of the Penitus Oculatus. Honestly, he didn't need to disprove you, it's quite obvious.
Well I'm sorry it was quite annoying and it still is.

12. Half of Skyrim.
I want to see the evidence that you protect the innocent.I haven't found it yet.

13. Mage also explained this. I will answer regardless. Btw you said you would give me facts, not a question. It is correct to say in modern day warfare deaths of medics are looked down upon. Since WW2 Factions on both sides tried their absolute best not to kill a medic, but it happened regardless. In the Korean war and the Vietnam war, these rules were disregarded. This however is medieval times, looking back at ancient Europe, there are no records whatsoever of this "Rule Of War". In conclusion, it was maybe looked down upon. Illegal? I don't believe so.
Its still screwed, and if you're trying to claim to be the "protectors of the innocent" then you shouldn't kill battlemaidens that have never even lifted weapons in their lives. Kind of screws up your reputation and your argument.

I'd like to hear his rebuttal.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I'd say you win here, however I do want to note that the Nords interestingly enough do still worship Ysmir, no not the Dragon variant of Akatosh seen in Oblivion, more like the one that is Talos just with a different name. When I freed a Stormcloak Prisoner earlier today, he said to me in thanks "Ysmir's blessing onto you". Now normally when Nord NPCs talk about Ysmir it's because, like you said, it is used in exclamation rather than in a religious sense however this time it sounded religious. I think he's just referring to Talos in his Nordic name. Any thoughts?

I suppose it would all depend, commoners in Tamriel tend to say many things. He could know what it actually means or perhaps it was just something passed down, in Oblivion you also saw a bit of this.

Sometimes in Oblivion you will hear common folk say: "Blessings of Mystara upon ye" and "Blessings of Anu upon you"

It could be a religious reference that has turned into a way of saying thank you. Obviously there would still be some Nords who refuse to follow the Divines such as Froki.

General Charles Xander

It's fine I understand what its like for a newcomer. I was that way too not too long ago
It's not the fact that i'm a newcomer, in fact to be honest it is getting quite insulting that whenever I claim differentiation or errors, you acknowledge me as a newcomer. Technical difficulties result in prevalent lack of responses for me. This one might not even show up for all that I know, but i'm trying anyway.
This was before I've investigated the book further and came to these conclusions, you'll have to refute it yourself if you wan't to change my viewpoint. Besides, even Drunken said that the book was Bias.
Bias? Definitely, but true nonetheless.
Pretty much, Yeah. It was stated in "The Great War" that:
"two legions were effectively annihilated and not a single Legion had more than half of its original numbers"
You don't get my point. You claimed that the Legions are doing a horrible job of protecting people, yet the Empire survived the Great War preventing your deaths. I'd say they did a damn good job.
We fight for the freedom that you won't protect because of a damn Treaty you had to sign to not be completely destroyed by the Elves. We fight for the Nords of Skyrim that are tired of being treated like lesser beings by our "watchful protectors" for having different customs.
You are highly overreacting. You were never treated as "lesser beings", if you're a citizen of the Empire, then you obtain and evaluate the same rights granted to you as they are to everyone else. You clearly have the freedom to worship whoever you want, you just have to be quiet about it.
Every time you say this I don't know what you mean because you're numbering and not restating my argument. I get it, you're new, and you're busy but can you just please copy and paste my argument and then say what you have to or just refute it so I understand what you;re trying to get at. That would be a lot easier for both of us.

Actually that spy ring is working on the Dark Brotherhood at the moment
read_more ...
Actually there are many 'spy rings'. The group working on the Dark Brotherhood are the section of Penitus Oculatus tasked with the protection of the Emperor.

"Imperial spies are everywhere. Never forget that..." - Ulfric Stormcloak
When was I roleplaying in that statement? I didn't roleplay once in my last post.
"You've failed to keep them out, Imperial we fight to preserve our way of life and you allow the only people who want to oppress us within our borders." If it's not then i'm sorry, but that sounds a bit like RP to me.
They already do that, whats your point, Ogmund didn't declare his Talos Worship out loud and he was still Persecuted by the Thalmor because they had you snoop around for them. They can easily do that themselves however.
No, Ondolemar was already aware for a fact that Ogmund worshiped Talos. He knew he did, but couldn't arrest him because the Jarl constantly been hesitant to call for his arrest. So another fact is that if the Thalmor are in a city, it seems that they must have the Jarl find him guilty, or be able to obtain irrefutable evidence.
Then why do the Jarls hate the The White Gold Concordant even being mentioned, even the Imperial ones? Why is Jarl Balgruuf so angry when Irileth asks if it was cowardly to accept the White Gold Concordant? Why does he say it wasn't his choice and that he was forced to like it? Why is there a rebellion in Skyrim which bases one of its reasons for having such rebellion on the Empire signing the White Gold Concordant? Skyrim was unscathed during the Great War except for the Reachmen taking over Markarth. They wanted to keep fighting but the Empire didn't because the province of Cyrodiil as a whole was weakened.
Would you like a treaty that bans your religion brought up right in front you? No. The Jarls may have wanted to reject the terms, but Skyrims people as a whole did not. This is merely a theory as I have no official evidence to be supported with.
My point is Ulfric doesn't want to wage war on the Empire and risk the lives of his soldiers he just wants them out of Skyrim so that Skyrim can rule itself.
And so what if he does? Even if he succeeded, Skyrim would fall. Whether it be the Empire or the Thalmor, the rebellion will inevitably perish.
Yeah it is weak. Weak because a weak Empire is ruling it and because there is a rebellion going on.
This makes 0 sense.
So now you're saying the Imperials can't handle the Dominion that they've been preparing for for twenty years? I'm glad I'm in your hands.
No, I didnt say the Empire would fall. I said reinforcements would be halted, therefor weakening the Empire even more so.
Well I'm sorry it was quite annoying and it still is.

12. Half of Skyrim.
I want to see the evidence that you protect the innocent.I haven't found it yet.
*Cough* Helgen *Cough*
Its still screwed, and if you're trying to claim to be the "protectors of the innocent" then you shouldn't kill battlemaidens that have never even lifted weapons in their lives. Kind of screws up your reputation and your argument.
Even so, there's a huge difference between innocence and front line involvement with the rebellion.
I'd like to hear his rebuttal.

Lewsean

I am the Dragonborn, aspect of Talos, and by extension, Shezarr and very likely Shor! I'll kill you dogs who commit apostasy and who curse the very Empire you claim to serve by damning the name.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
The Empire just has so much more to offer. From the near countless micro lore it brings and fleshes out the life of Tamriel.

Examples:

Council of Healers
Alchemy Symposium
Cyrodiil Construction Charter
Documents Division Imperial City Archives
Imperial Geographical Society
College of Whispers
The Synod
Penitus Oculatus
Cult of the Ancestor Moth

The list goes on and on.

I suppose as a person who is interested in science and research the Empire is the best choice, looking away from a Military view of the Empire (Which the Legion hands down has so much better organization and tactics)

What do the Stormcloaks offer other than the worship of Talos?

Lewsean

The Empire just has so much more to offer. From the near countless micro lore it brings and fleshes out the life of Tamriel.

Examples:

Council of Healers
Alchemy Symposium
Cyrodiil Construction Charter
Documents Division Imperial City Archives
Imperial Geographical Society
College of Whispers
The Synod
Penitus Oculatus
Cult of the Ancestor Moth

The list goes on and on.

I suppose as a person who is interested in science and research the Empire is the best choice, looking away from a Military view of the Empire (Which the Legion hands down has so much better organization and tactics)

What do the Stormcloaks offer other than the worship of Talos?

"The Emperor is getting old. Don't know how much longer he'll hang on. So is the whole Empire, for that matter. Getting old, that is. The Emperor and the legions have held the Empire together for hundreds of years. It's been a good thing, by and large. But maybe it's time for a change. Time for something young and new. What? No idea. Because I'm old. Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty."

Tiber Septim him self admits the Empire could be replaced, and that was before you banned the worship of him. The "Empire" is a shadow of it's former self, you have one province, you abandoned Hammerfell & the founder of the very Empire you claim to serve, you ignored the events leading up to the Great War because it didn't effect Cyrodill, you allow the enemy to abduct your own citizens that legion soldiers bang on about protecting every other sentence, the Elder Council is corrupt & last but not least, you have no Emperor.
Oh and your precious Legion is only capable of defending Cyrodill, why should ANY other province put up with your self preserving decisions when you can barely protect your own borders, let alone the people you force your treatys upon.

Last edited:

Lewsean

@Lewsean: who cares what some guy in one game says. Just because he says "could" does not mean anything as to it BEING replaced in a literal sense.
He isn't "some guy" lmao.. And perhaps you need to re-read the quote, you seem to have misunderstood or just didn't read it properly.

General Charles Xander

@Lewsean: who cares what some guy in one game says. Just because he says "could" does not mean anything as to it BEING replaced in a literal sense.
He isn't "some guy" lmao.. And perhaps you need to re-read the quote, you seem to have misunderstood or just didn't read it properly.
Not that I don't believe you, but where did you find this?

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Tiber Septim him self admits the Empire could be replaced, and that was before you banned the worship of him.

Over two hundred years ago he mentions this, should the Empire fall for Aldmeri rule? Who cares about Tiber Septim, the man was a slaver and conqueror. The only reason Nords worship him is due to fact he was Dragonborn and bullplops propaganda spread by the Septim dynasty to solidify control over the Nords.

Talos the great loving man, he who moved mountains with his voice, changed the landscape itself to please his subjects. For he had so much love etc etc.

The "Empire" is a shadow of it's former self, you have one province

And yet they still stand in the way of Thalmor victory. The Empire has declined, the Oblivion Crisis hit hard and then the issues with Umbriel where untold numbers of undead besieged the Empire. Where entire Legions died trying to stop it.

Then they're hit with a surprise invasion from the Aldmeri Dominion who had been plotting and planning for a hundred and fifty years. Where the Blades in arrogance thought they were more than a match for the Thalmor, hubris struck and the Empire paid the price for them not working with the Imperial Penitus Oculatus.

you abandoned Hammerfell

Abandoned Hammerfell? The Empire fought in Hammerfell for years, until it got desperate in a last ditch effort to remove the Aldmeri forces that took control of Cyrodiil.

The Redguards who owe their new treaty with the Thalmor to the sacrifice of Legions fighting in Hammerfell and Cyrodiil. If Hammerfell wasn't torn apart by petty political infighting, the Aldmeri forces wouldn't have gotten as far as they did.

the founder of the very Empire you claim to serve

Tiber Septim lived and died a long time ago. The Empire isn't controlled by the Septim Dynasty any more, and they had some of the worst Emperors known to mankind.

The great founder of the Empire, he's more propaganda than anything.

you ignored the events leading up to the Great War because it didn't effect Cyrodill

Ignored events? The Empire wasn't in a position to stop their rise, and majority of early information about the Thalmor were so bizarre it seemed exaggerated.

you allow the enemy to abduct your own citizens that legion soldiers bang on about protecting every other sentence

Twenty six years the Talos Ban has been in place, it sucks, but as Ulfric himself states "No progress without sacrifice" the Thalmor Justiciars had limited reach, the only reason they're taking people now is to send supporters such as yourself flocking to Ulfric's banner.

the Elder Council is corrupt & last but not least, you have no Emperor.

The Elder Council is large, corruption is bound to happen in any political system. Not every member is corrupt, there would still be those who care. Emperor's come and go, Titus II's death also has a positive effect. They needed his vote to remove the White-Gold Concordat and judging by dialogue surrounding the Civil War, he was unwillingly to take an active role where he would be Military commander.

Oh and your precious Legion is only capable of defending Cyrodill, why should ANY other province put up with your self preserving decisions when you can barely protect your own borders, let alone the people you force your treatys upon.

Funny how the Legion in Skyrim is manning forts, patrolling roads and even securing a staging ground into Morrowind just in case. Seems like that classifies as defending regions?

Barely protect their borders... Thalmor leadership threw everything it could spare at Cyrodiil. Yet still the Empire stands.

The Stormcloaks can barely keep their own against the weakest the Empire has to offer. I can so see them wrecking the Aldmeri.

Force treaties upon? High King Istlod accepted the treaty on behalf of Skyrim and the Nords don't run a democracy. Since the Empire is a political body of more than one province, do you mean force treaties upon ourselves?

Name me one thing Ulfric has done that wasn't a benefit to himself when he became Jarl. Oh right, even Ulfric's own people consider him selfish and power hungry. The Stormcloaks only got two "good Jarls" and Elisif being one is the most ironic thing there is.

Last edited:

Lewsean

Not that I don't believe you, but where did you find this?
It's a quest in Morrowind, called A Lucky Coin. You talk to an Imperial soldier who turns out to be the aspect of Tiber Septim.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
I read it. I just means nothing because because it is too vague to understand. You said he said it meant the empire COULD be replaced, but it could mean that a new identity or new way of ruling could happen.

The dialogue was spoken during the Septim Empire (They are not the same as THIS empire) so it could mean that the Septim rule of Tamriel was getting old, and it was time the gods stepped back and let us mortals rule.

Just because the empire has the same name, does not mean it is the same empire.

Last edited:

Lewsean

I read it. I just means nothing because because it is too vague to understand. You said he said it meant the empire COULD be replaced, but it could mean that a new identity or new way of ruling could happen.

The dialogue was spoken during the Septim Empire (They are not the same as THIS empire) so it could mean that the Septim rule of Tamriel was getting old, and it was time the gods stepped back and let us mortals rule.
Do I really have to dignify such a stupid statement with a reply? READ ALL THE PARAGRAPH. If you still find it 'vague' then I'm sorry but your reading comprehension is plops.

"The Emperor is getting old. Don't know how much longer he'll hang on. So is the whole Empire, for that matter. Getting old, that is." - Empire is getting old, is that hard to understand?

"The Emperor and the legions have held the Empire together for hundreds of years. It's been a good thing, by and large. But maybe it's time for a change." - Suggesting a change could be good.

"Time for something young and new. What? No idea. Because I'm old. Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty."

I don't know what else I can possibly do to make you understand lol, it's simple. You really need to read up on your lore if you think that the idea of the Septim bloodline ceasing to exist by choice would even be considered. Did you even play Oblivion o_O