Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Surrender makes him look weak. Is he a Nord or a church mouse?

If he had been executed it would advance his position even further. Even so he thought they were going to get a fair trial.
Ralof: They wouldn't dare give him a trial. Treason, for fighting for your own people! All of Skyrim would have seen the truth then.

As I said before, it makes him look weak. A real Nord would die fighting, like Torygg.

And as a Real Nord he did die fighting. He thought him and his men/women would've been given a Trial.

J

Jeremius

a Coward!? That mans a veteran of the Great War! He was tortured by the Aldmeri Dominion! You watch your Tongue!

He surrendered like a mouse, not fight to the death like a man. coward trying to play at martyrdom.

It would advance his position more strategically if he was either executed or given a trial. He wants to die a martyr. Being cut down in the forest while the War still wages on is both not a good way to advance your position or to die. He also didn't want them to all die in the forest for nothing when he surrendered.

Then his priorities are messed up and selfish. coward.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
Surrender makes him look weak. Is he a Nord or a church mouse?

If he had been executed it would advance his position even further. Even so he thought they were going to get a fair trial.
Ralof: They wouldn't dare give him a trial. Treason, for fighting for your own people! All of Skyrim would have seen the truth then.

As I said before, it makes him look weak. A real Nord would die fighting, like Torygg.

A real Nord would fight and die for their country rather than back a weak Empire.

J

Jeremius

And as a Real Nord he did die fighting. He thought him and his men/women would've been given a Trial.

he SURRENDERED hoping that they would be given a trial that was not going to happen. that is not the same as die fighting.

J

Jeremius

A real Nord would fight and die for their country rather than back a weak Empire.

A true nord never backs down from any challenge, not just fight for some fake cause to further an agenda.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
He surrendered like a mouse, not fight to the death like a man. coward trying to play at martyrdom.

It would advance his position more strategically if he was either executed or given a trial. He wants to die a martyr. Being cut down in the forest while the War still wages on is both not a good way to advance your position or to die. He also didn't want them to all die in the forest for nothing when he surrendered.

Then his priorities are messed up and selfish. coward.

How is he a Coward. He clearly didn't fear his death. If he died being executed its a bit more strategic than dying in the forest. Hes not just a Nord Hero hes a Commander. He has to think about the long term, Not just "Imma Die Fighting" Which he does anyway.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear
J

Jeremius

A true nord never backs down from any challenge, not just fight for some fake cause to further an agenda.

A Fake Cause!? You're an Idiot if you think the fury of the Eastern Nords is a fake cause.

Ulfric is using Talos worship, a problem he made a problem, in order to fight the Empire. How is that not fake?

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

he SURRENDERED hoping that they would be given a trial that was not going to happen. that is not the same as die fighting.

Like I said he didn't fear his death though. A coward fears death. A coward backs down for no other reason then "I Think I'm gonna lose" Ulfric backed down for a lot of reasons.

J

Jeremius

Like I said he didn't fear his death though. A coward fears death. A coward backs down for no other reason then "I Think I'm gonna lose" Ulfric backed down for a lot of reasons.

Ulfric backed down to look like a martyr. He surrendered, which hurts his cause because he now backed down from a fight, no matter the reason.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

A Fake Cause!? You're an Idiot if you think the fury of the Eastern Nords is a fake cause.

Ulfric is using Talos worship, a problem he made a problem, in order to fight the Empire. How is that not fake?

Because he is a Talos Worshipper. You think he only uses Talos Worship to advance his plot. At the Moot Ulfric was extremely angry at The Empire and went on a Rant about how "The Empire is doing nothing to further our interests" and how "They've taken away their own soul when they outlawed Talos Worship"

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

Ulfric backed down to look like a martyr. He surrendered, which hurts his cause because he now backed down from a fight, no matter the reason.

His men understood though.
Ralof: Guess he didn't want us to die for nothing

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

He backed down to yes look like a martyr, and, to further his goal. If more people saw how Ulfric was executed for fighting for his own people, More people would join The Stormcloaks.

J

Jeremius

Ralof: Guess he didn't want us to die fighting for our beliefs, and die like a moron instead.

Fixed.

J

Jeremius

He backed down to yes look like a martyr, and, to further his goal. If more people saw how Ulfric was executed for fighting for his own people, More people would join The Stormcloaks.

Until they found out that Ulfric went out with a whimper and not like a man. Then it will hurt his cause more than an execution would.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

Until they found out that Ulfric went out with a whimper and not like a man. Then it will hurt his cause more than an execution would.

No it won't. The Coward Imperials gagged him so that he couldn't even speak on his own defense. How do we he wouldn't die fighting if hes lost his most crucial weapon. His Voice.

J

Jeremius

Ralof: Guess he didn't want us to die fighting for our beliefs, and die like a moron instead.

Fixed.

You mean ruined. I've already explained why this would further his cause long-term.

And I stated why it would hurt more. He looks a like a martyr, true, but he looks like a weak martyr. Torygg was 10 times the Nord Ulfric will ever be, simply because he stood and fought, not surrendered like a fool.

J

Jeremius

No it won't. The Coward Imperials gagged him so that he couldn't even speak on his own defense. How do we he wouldn't die fighting if hes lost his most crucial weapon. His Voice.

You are so far up Ulfric's butt you fail to see the truth. The surrender does not make him anything but weak. He is not a true Nord. Ysgramor and Talos would be ashamed of his actions.

Mikulas Black-Blade

The Cave Bear

You mean ruined. I've already explained why this would further his cause long-term.

And I stated why it would hurt more. He looks a like a martyr, true, but he looks like a weak martyr. Torygg was 10 times the Nord Ulfric will ever be, simply because he stood and fought, not surrendered like a fool.

He didn't surrender Like a fool. IT ADVANCES HIS PLOT IN THE WAR IF HE DIES BY EXECUTION. He looks weak if he fought and lost. He looks deprived if hes executed without a trial. Then The Nords would see that Ulfric was not given a right to speak, and, more would join his cause. What about this are you not getting. Torygg was a fool. He was given a chance and he didn't take it.