Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

KingNLD

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Tamed Stormcloak? Why not shiny Stormcloak? :p
Oooo Shiny Stormcloak! Now that I like! Me like shiny thing! HO STORMCLOAKS! Hold on a minute, I have to go for my louse bath... see ya in a few...

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Stormcloaks show a xenophobic reaction when it comes to other races. While Ulfric is political leader, his own views spread from him to his Officers and it spreads to the Stormcloaks. Windhelm shows racial segregation and the banishment of an entire race from the city walls to live on the docks. Stormcloaks do not buy from non-nords, that is causing many businesses to struggle to even remain open.

Stormcloaks have an issue with everything that isn't Nord.

Imperial Milk-drinkers "Next Imperial I see is dead"

All elves are generally blamed for the Great War, I had a Stormcloak supporter accuse "My kind" for the Great war, even though the character I was using, was Dunmer.

Orc strongholds are apparently "An affront to my people"

Bretons, well there is a certain dislike for bretons who are Half man, Half mer. "Those milk drinkers? Might as well be elves. Think they're better than us." - Galmar

They're a new kind of a Nord, not exactly the traditional Nord, but a xenophobic subclass. "True Nords" actually like trading with other other races, many became ship captains of merchant fleets, trading across Tamriel. Others became sellswords, mercenaries. Skyrim thrives from external trade, and especially what the Empire brings into Skyrim. The food and resources the Empire provides.

Because the Dominion is a sleeping beast that Skyrim cannot slay alone. Because many Nords are part of the Imperial army even now. Because the food and resources we get from the Empire are important to our people. Because even if we can't openly worship him, Talos the god was once Tiber Septim the man, and this is his Empire.

Talos had a dream of a unified Tamriel, unified under his Empire. Tiber Septim didn't build temples to himself, he didn't demand worship. He built the Third Empire, everything the Stormcloaks are doing and represent is destroying everything Talos/Tiber Septim spent his life creating.

How do you honor someone, when you destroy everything he stood for. Ulfric Stormcloak wants the throne of Skyrim, he is against the Empire out of personal hate, ever since his father died he hasn't been thinking clearly, he is blinded by hatred for being in Imperial prison while his father passed away.

The Empire still worships Talos, it's not like they wanted to ban Talos worship. It was a slap to the face to everyone who worships the Nine Divines. But the Empire hardly enforced the Talos ban, the Nords in Skyrim didn't even care about the treaty, they all still have their shrines to Talos. There wasn't a threat to them, it took the Thalmor seven days of someone shouting about Talos in public in Markarth which is the Headquarters of the justiciars.

"We didn't pay much attention to it when I was a boy - everyone still had their little shrine to Talos. But then Ulfric and his "Sons of Skyrim" started agitating about it, and sure enough the Emperor had to crack down." - Alvor

Daelon DuLac

Stormcloaks show a xenophobic reaction when it comes to other races. While Ulfric is political leader, his own views spread from him to his Officers and it spreads to the Stormcloaks. Windhelm shows racial segregation and the banishment of an entire race from the city walls to live on the docks. Stormcloaks do not buy from non-nords, that is causing many businesses to struggle to even remain open.

All elves are generally blamed for the Great War, I had a Stormcloak supporter accuse "My kind" for the Great war, even though the character I was using, was Dunmer.

Bretons, well there is a certain dislike for bretons who are Half man, Half mer. "Those milk drinkers? Might as well be elves. Think they're better than us." - Galmar

They're a new kind of a Nord, not exactly the traditional Nord, but a xenophobic subclass. "True Nords" actually like trading with other other races, many became ship captains of merchant fleets, trading across Tamriel. Others became sellswords, mercenaries. Skyrim thrives from external trade, and especially what the Empire brings into Skyrim. The food and resources the Empire provides.

Because the Dominion is a sleeping beast that Skyrim cannot slay alone. Because many Nords are part of the Imperial army even now. Because the food and resources we get from the Empire are important to our people. Because even if we can't openly worship him, Talos the god was once Tiber Septim the man, and this is his Empire.

Talos had a dream of a unified Tamriel, unified under his Empire. Tiber Septim didn't build temples to himself, he didn't demand worship. He build the Third Empire, everything the Stormcloaks are doing and represent is destroying everything Talos/Tiber Septim spent his life creating.

How do you honor someone, when you destroy everything he stood for. Ulfric Stormcloak wants the throne of Skyrim, he is against the Empire out of personal hate, ever since his father died he hasn't been thinking clearly, he is blinded by hatred for being in Imperial prison while his father passed away.

The Empire still worships Talos, it's not like they wanted to ban Talos worship. It was a slap to the face to everyone who worships the Nine Divines. But the Empire hardly enforced the Talos ban, the Nords in Skyrim didn't even care about the treaty, they all still have their shrines to Talos. There wasn't a threat to them, it took the Thalmor seven days of someone shouting about Talos in public in Markarth which is the Headquarters of the justiciars.

"We didn't pay much attention to it when I was a boy - everyone still had their little shrine to Talos. But then Ulfric and his "Sons of Skyrim" started agitating about it, and sure enough the Emperor had to crack down." - Alvor
Stop it! It just isn't fair that you're poking holes in our flawed logic!

KingNLD

that i called the empire and i say not believe that to hard!

there are 2 nord in windhelm who are real racist! they want ever man and woman who isn't nord get out but ulfric does that not! they even say if i was ulfric i get them out of the city

Daelon DuLac

Talos had a dream of a unified Tamriel, unified under his Empire. Tiber Septim didn't build temples to himself, he didn't demand worship. He built the Third Empire, everything the Stormcloaks are doing and represent is destroying everything Talos/Tiber Septim spent his life creating.

Appreciate the lesson though. That's why I luv this thread! I joke a lot 'cause y'all get so serious, but, boy! I know more about Tamriel history and politics now than I ever did - and I didn't even have to read a book!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
that i called the empire and i say not believe that to hard!

there are 2 nord in windhelm who are real racist! they want ever man and woman who isn't nord get out
but ulfric does that not!

That racist Nord is the brother of Ulfric's right hand man. The second in command of the Stormcloaks, that is Galmar's brother.

Daelon DuLac

... Are you serious?

Do you even read what I write, before you post.

Rolff Stone-Fist is the brother of Galmar Stone-Fist.
Well! That makes sense. I didn't even pick up on that on my run through. Duh! They have the same surname. I agree that the majority of Nords are not xenophobic, just the sub-group of Stormies, but I don't think all Stormies are. Many are from small, out of the way places and are really there for adventure and glory. I really think it's just that small group of powerplayers at the top.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
yeah sorry about that i awnser to fast! yeah that is true but galmar is not like his poor brother
and Ulfric neither.

Galmar is worse. Do you even pay attention to anything in the game, or do you just make up whatever facts you want in a pretend version in that head of yours.

KingNLD

Galmar is worse. Do you even pay attention to anything in the game, or do you just make up whatever facts you want in a pretend version in that head of yours.

True but not as worst if that brother on the street!

(no i have the game and i only look at the CD) -,-