Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
LOL, feel free to have at it, don't stop on my account. ....This thread is bloodsport, I love it. :D

I guess that makes me evil. :oops:
No, just a horrible person. But be proud of it. Horrible people like you and I live longer.

Squirrel_killer-

That's an opinion, and not a fact :)
This whole entire thread is one thing, opinion. The only thing we can call fact is the evidence used to back those opinions from the game. So to say something is opinion in this debate is to summarize everything you yourself and everyone else has said here. By it's very nature this thread is opinion and nothing more. So really all you have done is pointed out the obvious. Let's put some facts and opinions down.

FACT: Ulfric is willing to die for his cause.
OPINION: He is the good guy.

FACT: Ulfric is openly racist and his political policies reflect that.
OPINION: He is a horrible person

FACT: The Empire gave into the Aldmeri Dominion
OPINION: The Empire is weak.

FACT: The Empire surrendered to survive.
OPINION: The Empire is smart and knows how to survive.

I rest my case.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Dude, it's a frikkin shelter for workers who clearly are not in a position to buy their own homes.

I get that we're trying to disparrage Ulfric, on that cause I agree, but we really need to be fair, it's quite apparent that Riften isn't exactly a nice place to live.

As compared to the large amounts of beggars in Markarth? I would say that city is far worse than Riften. And what about Winterhold? Where the majority was wiped off the map? As someone who was homeless, I can attest that having a job, roof over my head, and food on the table isn't that bad.

Squirrel_killer-

And I was forgotten as a horrible person? I wonder if Squirrel_Killer can figure out who I am.
Since you're in my followed list (and a lucky guess at the start), Jersey/11th Doctor.

Squirrel_killer-

You would be correct, good sir.
I hadn't went through to check what your new name was since I have just came back from inactivity so I didn't list you. However you are not a horrible person. You are a good person. You enlighten the stupid and the moronic.

Docta Corvina

I hadn't went through to check what your new name was since I have just came back from inactivity so I didn't list you. However you are not a horrible person. You are a good person. You enlighten the stupid and the moronic.

Well, that case, I don't think I'm horrible either. :p Just easily amused.

J

Jeremius

This whole entire thread is one thing, opinion. The only thing we can call fact is the evidence used to back those opinions from the game. So to say something is opinion in this debate is to summarize everything you yourself and everyone else has said here. By it's very nature this thread is opinion and nothing more. So really all you have done is pointed out the obvious. Let's put some facts and opinions down.

FACT: Ulfric is willing to die for his cause.
OPINION: He is the good guy.

FACT: Ulfric is openly racist and his political policies reflect that.
OPINION: He is a horrible person

FACT: The Empire gave into the Aldmeri Dominion
OPINION: The Empire is weak.

FACT: The Empire surrendered to survive.
OPINION: The Empire is smart and knows how to survive.

I rest my case.

the bold you claim as fact is mainly because of his policies, not his PERSONAL stance. Plus the racial segregation is more like the locking up of Japanese Americans. Does that mean all the american president at the time was openly racist, for having that policy of lock 'em up? no, so do not claim he is openly racist until you have evidence that he insults Dunmer for being dunmer to their face instead of just leaving a policy going DURING A WAR.

both sides are good and evil in their own way, does not mean their leaders are either.

Squirrel_killer-

the bold you claim as fact is mainly because of his policies, not his PERSONAL stance. Plus the racial segregation is more like the locking up of Japanese Americans. Does that mean all the american president at the time was openly racist, for having that policy of lock 'em up? no, so do not claim he is openly racist until you have evidence that he insults Dunmer for being dunmer to their face instead of just leaving a policy going DURING A WAR.

both sides are good and evil in their own way, does not mean their leaders are either.
The Dunmer had not been segregated before the Great War. They had been in Skyrim for nearly 100 years, if I remember lore correctly, due to the Red Mountain exploding.

Also the USA is not ran by a single man, it is ran by congress, that is different than Skyrim governmental style, were a Jarl holds absolute power as a single man over his hold, second only to the High King.

Dagmar please correct me if I am wrong on that. My lore is a little rusty.

J

Jeremius

The Dunmer had been segregated before the Great War. They had been in Skyrim for nearly 100 years, if I remember lore correctly, due to the Red Mountain exploding.

But that does not=reflecting his "open Racism", just that he is to busy with the war, likely planning this from when he took over, to deal with it at the time.

Squirrel_killer-

But that does not=reflecting his "open Racism", just that he is to busy with the war, likely planning this from when he took over, to deal with it at the time.
Please check an edit I made before you made your reply, as I seen this coming.

Squirrel_killer-

I am just asking, is there any evidence of his personal racism, instead of just political neglect?
I can not remember a specific example as I have not played the game in nearly two months and have been away from the forums for awhile. However he does show many examples of racial hatred towards the mer races in much of his dialogue. However, actions speak louder than words.

I also just noticed a typo previously in one of my other posts that you quoted, which I will correct.