I'm half the man I used to be (or less)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hacksaw

For anybody who didn't know, I used to be on my high school swim team as a teenager. Now that I'm thirty-five, that makes it 17 years since I last worked out in a pool. So what did I do last week? I bought a season pass to a local pool and thought I'd just jump in and start working out again.

It apparently doesn't work like that. I crawled out of the pool after about 10 minutes, half-dead, with muscles so stiff I couldn't do much of anything. And inside me was a little voice saying, "Hey stupid! You haven't exercised in 20 years!"

So sit back and have a good laugh at my expense. Or give me some advice on slowing it down a tad, but please don't call me "old". I am absolutely, positively, not old. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to have a glass of warm milk and watch Benny Hill.

I hurt all over.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
You're watching Benny Hill? Don't think you'll be hurting all over much longer, Hacksaw. ;)

Yeah, slow it down, as you already know. Not like the pool is going anywhere. . . . :p

Doomy

Swimming was a good choice, not many people to point and laugh. I tried a bike, and hundreds of people get to stare at me lying by the side of the road dressed as a Teletubby gasping for breath.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk 2

I know that feeling! Hahahaha I was a cross country runner in high school and I am trying to get back in shape recently. My break from running has only been about 2 years though, so you got me beat! Taking it easy at first is good. Do something that is comfortable, but not easy for as long as you can until those muscles are fatigued. That'll getcha going again :p

S

SynnerLarkie

i know the feeling too. i held records for blocked shot and rebounds in my county... now i cant even run once down the court at full speed without dying from lack of oxygen. my 10 year old laughs when he outruns me. those records were made when i was in highschool. im now 31. but im working on getting back in shape.. but did an hour of zumba yesterday and everything from my hair on my head to my pinky toes are killin me.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Heh, yeah same issues with me. I used to be a damn fast sprinter in High School. I only quit smoking about four months ago (ish). So i've that on top. Thankfully i haven't gained too much weight (14 stone @ 6 ft) quitting but i am desperatly out of shape. I bought a bike; the cycling is farly taking it out of me and i intend to start swimming soon. Though no power on Earth, Skyrim or beyond will get me into that cycling gear i've seen people wearing. Looks highly embarassing. I wear a helmet but apart from that i keep it casual attire.

Hacksaw

You're watching Benny Hill? Don't think you'll be hurting all over much longer, Hacksaw. ;)

Yeah, slow it down, as you already know. Not like the pool is going anywhere. . . . :p

Ha! Anybody who's around 35 may have been watching Benny Hill late at night, along with The Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, and all those black-and-white dubbed Chinese movies (younger folk don't understand why Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon used a Mandarin script with English subtitles because they never used to watch those late night shows). By the time I was a teenager, some short guy named Tony Little had ruined late night television with all his crappy exercise equipment.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Laugh In on Nick at Night was the best.

Don't feel to bad I'll be hitting the second anniversary of my 29th birthday in less than month and I tweaked my knee stepping on rock that I'm sure I could handled a couple of years ago playing paintball this weekend .