• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lilfish43

I have been playing skyrim for 54 hours and am still mad that I can not be a Dwarf... why cant I be a dwarf. Who else wants to be a dwarf? Or is it just me?

I am a Nord and Im ridding a horse riddy riddy horse ridding a horse.... not as good

Onyx

Well, you could make a High Elf or Wood Elf as from my understanding Dwarves are another race of elves and looked somewhat similar.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Well, even if the Dwemer were in this game, I think they wouldn't meet your expectations. Look at the Orsimer (Orcs) nothing like traditional Orcs, be they D&D, Warhammer, Warcraft, etc. They are more human with orc-like properties, which I love. The Dwemer would be shorter, yes, but still would be in line with the Tamriel style of elf-like elves, which the Dwemer were a part of.

Lilfish43

Maybe i will make an elf... Its funny I love the dwarves but I dont like Marthal (cant spell and dont know if thats right anyway in school cant realy check) I'd much rather live in Windhelm but I missed my chance to do Blood on the Ice and can't buy the house now :sadface:

Deadhand

Maybe i will make an elf... Its funny I love the dwarves but I dont like Marthal (cant spell and dont know if thats right anyway in school cant realy check) I'd much rather live in Windhelm but I missed my chance to do Blood on the Ice and can't buy the house now :sadface:
Me too! Stupid glitched quests...

brandon

yeah i wish they had a way to change your height. i always thought all elves were like only 5'5" and dwarves were smaller and humans were around 6 ft or so. orcs were a little taller then humans. but in the game my dark elf is taller then most of the nords. you can change the build but not the height.

Ender

I don't mind the height though it would be nice. I was disappointed there's no way to make you're character bigger. It's like it goes from anorexic to fit. I wanted my Orc to be hyuge.

brandon

I don't mind the height though it would be nice. I was disappointed there's no way to make you're character bigger. It's like it goes from anorexic to fit. I wanted my Orc to be hyuge.
dude my dark elf is huge like a body builder or some plops. but i just dont get why hes taller then everybody in the game.

Ender

dude my dark elf is huge like a body builder or some pl***. but i just dont get why hes taller then everybody in the game.

I find that hard to believe when I checked every race and none got anywhere close to the size of a pro bodybuilder and I'd actually like to have one more in line with a pro powerlifter since that's what I compete in.

Have you got a screenshot or anything?

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
I want to make a Character that is dwarf and looks like Simon!! (Honeydew) Hehehehehhe -,...,-

brandon

I find that hard to believe when I checked every race and none got anywhere close to the size of a pro bodybuilder and I'd actually like to have one more in line with a pro powerlifter since that's what I compete in.

Have you got a screenshot or anything?
ok so maybe its an exgageration but you get my point the guy is huge for what i understand about elves. no im playing on the 360 and at work we cant upload or download non govt stuff. im not even allowed to watch youtube

Auxilium

In my opinion..
Well, you can't be a dwarf because they ALL vanished at the same time. In TES lore the Dwemers religious leader tried to instill divinity upon his people through a spell using 3 magical tools but failed and caused the enitre dwemer race to vanish.

So there's a good reason why you can't be a Dwemer.

thecelticlatino

Unfortunately 'dwarves' are really another race of elves (not like D & D, traditional fantasy dwarves) but were called so because they were compared by a much taller race. (The wiki says more about that).

I do think it would be cool to implement an eleventh playable race though. I was hoping Falmer would be just another race of elves (thus playable) but their monsters so they're a no-go.

Maybe TES VI should be a prequel that allows for Dwemer to be playable (in exchange maybe there are no Imperials, etc...). Just a thought here.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
TES may not have dwarves (or at least, any that exist on Tamriel currently) but at least they have cat/lizard people :3

thecelticlatino

TES may not have dwarves (or at least, any that exist on Tamriel currently) but at least they have cat/lizard people :3

True. And they are far more interesting than playable dwarves in most game settings (I find dwarves to be rather bland personally...the only interesting ones were in Dragon Age. Can't stand dwarves in most other games).

Deadhand

In my own mind the Falmer are kind of what the Dwemer have evolved in to. I know it's not true, the Dwemer disappeared, but the Falmer being the "Deep Elves" kind of makes me think they've been living in the Dwemer Ruins for as long as the Dwemer have been gone...? Just a thought. :)

thecelticlatino

In my own mind the Falmer are kind of what the Dwemer have evolved in to. I know it's not true, the Dwemer disappeared, but the Falmer being the "Deep Elves" kind of makes me think they've been living in the Dwemer Ruins for as long as the Dwemer have been gone...? Just a thought. :)

Interesting.

I was disappointed to find that the Falmer were giant, feral monsters. The possibility of playing a snow elf in a land like Skyrim seemed too good to pass up :p. Not griping, just a teeny little nitpick.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Falmer and Dwemer had history with one another though. Their predecessors maybe? (TES prequel material...exchange two races (Imperial and Wood Elf) in order to play as Falmer/Dwemer)/

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
No, Falmers have their own origin... I was surprised to find them devolved into primitive beings. There are like goblins on steroids now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts