I am going through Skyrim withdrawals! Help!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
So, I know this is kind of sad, but I'm out of town visiting my father, and I don't have my xbox to play Skyrim on. I want to play so damn bad and I miss by stupid Wood Elf character (can you tell that I need more friends? Probably.... Oh well.)

Soooo to save myself, please share your latest adventure on Skyrim. What did you just do today or the last time you played? Whether that be fighting a dragon, leveling a skill, a quest, something stupid, slaughtering a whole town, running into a glitch, discovering a new location, finally finding something you've been looking for, etc.

Share whatever it may be. Doesn't matter. I look forward to reading!

Adam Warlock

My redhead Breton spitfire can be quite eccentric , often doffing her clothes in comic manner like the character Gray in Fairy Tails.
She was thus unattired when turning in a bounty to Siddgeir , Jarl of Falkreath.
He told her to at least put on a cloth sack because the sight was making him "unseasonably warm "
As she left , he asked her to come back again sometime as he might find some use for her.

I guess he needed to send out for a Stallion`s Potion. lol

LuChao

The Martial artist
back when I was playing Night Terror before he got killed I had 1 group of Hired Thugs and I actually lost them lol I was in the pit at the mine outside Whiterun had waited and boom there they were ran into the mine and back a couple times and they stopped showing up lol

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I just got Hearthfire and I went off to go buy some more lumber in order to build my house. The quest for this guided me to half-moon hill, but while doing the Dark Brotherhood's quest line, I killed the inhabitants, and thus couldn't buy any lumber there. The next lumber mill I tried was the one in Morthal, and he didn't give me any options to buy lumber. Then I went to the lumber mill west of Windhelm, only to find two lackies that wouldn't even talk to me and I think I may have killed the lady that they worked for during yet again another DB quest. I then ran south to find another mill, only to be attacked by a dragon. After killing the dragon died, I felt my reward would be to finally get my lumber, but it was night and no one was up and about. I patiently waited for morning, and for several more hours, but still no one appeared. I got so pissed because apparently the DB quests and dragons, and the entire world of Skyrim had colluded against me to make my life horrible by denying me the purchase of lumber, when I'm filthy stinking rich and have Hearthfire for the first time! I then went ahead and played my orc whose soul purpose is to murder everyone in order to calm myself down. After pulverizing some heads and looking at some forums, I realized that all I had to do was hire a steward and have them order my lumber. Once again the Dragonborn triumphs over the evilness of the world through his wit, strength of persistent will, and the internet.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
Some past quotes of mine about previous characters:

It seems I have underestimated cooking. Specifically, and especially, those food items such as Venison Stew and Beef Stew which give a boost to your health and stamina regeneration.

My character is something of a hunter (huntress, actually) and likes to make Venison Stew rather than be wasteful and leave it behind on the deer carcass.

Well.

One fine day I was walking along the road by the hot springs towards Windhelm. I was following a courier and Talsgar the Wanderer and picking up some wolf pelts for no effort of my own. My current tactic, when not letting someone else do all the work, is to cast Fury on a deer or elk so if my arrow doesn't kill it immediately I don't lose my quarry as it races away. I happened to attempt this on a wolf with a mammoth not too far away.

I'm sure you see where this is going.

I hear the stomping of huge feet and immediately assume the mammoth is coming for ME. In my confusion, I didn't realize it was actually attacking the wolf. Since it was literally almost on top of me, I reacted by taking a panic swing at it with my warhammer.

Did I mention I'm playing a level 1 character? Suicide move if there ever was one. In a very short amount of time I'm down to a sliver of health.

Realizing I'm about to become a pancake, I look through my inventory and have maybe 3 potions of minor stamina and NO potions of healing because genius here was trying to milk the potion vendor for every Septim I could get and forgot to make more.

Then I desperately check the food section, and lo and behold! Beef Stew and Venison Stew are there. I gobble several of each and start praying to the Divines as I sprint away from the mammoth. And sprint. And SPRINT. And sprint almost all the way to Windhelm before my stamina bar was gone. I paused and it refilled rapidly.

So, folks, here's a great non-magical way to get incredible stamina and possibly health regeneration as well. Apparently food, unlike potion effects, will stack. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I don't know how effective this would be for someone who has been leveling and increasing their stamina, but I do know that I'm never turning my nose up at cooking again.

A dragon attacks Riften! When the beast is finally brought down and I've sucked out it's soul, a guard turns to me and gripes "My cousin is out fighting dragons and what do I get? Guard duty."

EDIT: Not two minutes after the dragon fight, I'm heading down the secret entrance to the Thieves' Guild and Dinya Balu, one of the priestesses of Mara, is down there.

EDIT #2: Not long after that, as I'm coming back out from the Guild entrance, a courier shows up and informs me that the beggar Edda has left me a sizable inheritance. I didn't notice she was a casualty of the dragon attack but it seems she had quite a nest egg tucked away.

Since everyone just can't help but talk to you if you walk too closely to them, I've toyed with taking out the more annoying Whiterun citizens by hanging out near Breezehome and waiting for the right opportunity. If you enter a door as someone is telling you their life story, they enter with you.

So I figure if they're close enough to me as I walk in my home after getting them to start yapping, they'll follow.

After that, well ... in Breezehome, no one can hear you scream. Except Lydia. And she's always in MY room getting bread crumbs all over the floor.

Well I just saw something I never thought I'd see. I'm cruising along on my horse along the northern coast of Skyrim when I saw 2 giant frostbite spiders going at it. A third joined in the fight but I was too far away from the action to see if it was a giant one also. All I know is at the end of it there were 2 dead giant frostbite spiders and I was 4 bottles of frostbite venom heavier.

I've been having fun with my illusionist/assassin. The illusion perks do wonders for your ability to cause chaos and destruction while remaining undetected to enjoy the show. 'Tis truly a joy to sit back and watch a frenzied giant get owned by a mammoth. I took the Master of the Mind perk just to be able to mess with automatons and undead as well.

Recently I bungled an attempt to take out Nazeem by "inviting" him into Breezehome. I used Unrelenting Force Shout on him but got an assault bounty and two guards charged in. I cast Frenzy on them and it was fun watching them forget about me and go head to head but I ended up reloading. Next time, Nazeem!

It took me three minutes to walk to that far distant spot where Serana and Vyrthur were frozen in place. They very kindly waited for me to limp over before starting their dialogue. I'm quite sure they spent that three minutes bitching about me and my inability to leave things behind and arrogance in thinking the entire world would wait until I'm ready for it.

But ... but ... more often than not the world WILL wait for you!

Started a new character today. She's hanging out in Falkreath. While she was walking around in the wilderness looking for alchemy ingredients to give her a nice pile of gold, she got attacked by a novice necromancer. I thought she was done for, but then the necromancer got stuck behind the only rock in sight so I filled her with arrows and got a nice enchanted robe and spell tome out of it.

Not long after I sent her off to Bielgulch mine as her backstory means she has to clear out every bandit camp she hears of. She managed to deal with the bandits outside by staying out of reach while using poisoned arrows and flames. I was expecting it to be a tough fight against the bandit chief as well, but would you believe he got stuck behind the only rock in sight? I filled him with arrows.

I kind of felt together they were really WTF moments. They weren't particularly big rocks which would be hard to get around. I mean, all they had to do was step five centimetres to the right and they had a clear path to my low levelled squishy girl. The gaming gods of glitches really loves this character, apparently.
I was doing the Alduin's Wall quest and dealing with the Forsworn camp in Karthspire. One of the mages was giving my orc warrior a hard time so I decided to let Delphine take some of the heat. And what does she do? Get stuck running at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the fight.

A while back while doing the Thieves' Guild quest with Mercer Frey in Snow Veiled Sanctum, I noticed I could close the gate and effectively block Mercer from accompanying me. This made things considerably easier and I didn't have to listen to his know-it-all mouth and attitude. Unfortunately, at the end of the quest while I'm laying on the ground from Karliah's paralyzing arrow, he wasn't present for the dialogue exchange between them. She just stood there waiting for him to respond and I had to reload.

It usually depends on how high my bounty is and whether it would be worthwhile to pay it off. Once it reaches the point where they attack on sight, shopping becomes problematic and I usually give in.

I had one rather amusing incident (in Markarth no less) where I was wanted by the law for something. Probably murder. I was trying to avoid the guards and ducked into Arnlief and Sons. Of course they followed. The vendor was screaming and carrying on as one after another I dispatched 4 or 5 guards before they stopped coming. Then proceeded to calmly sell my stuff and the guards' stuff to her. That was the time I had a bounty of over 14,000.

I have never taken advantage of being Thane to get out of an arrest and have never gone to jail except once to get the Xbox achievement. I'd rather die.

Gigapact

Perkless in Skyrim: (reply button once again not working)

Wow thanks for the entertainment!

JoeReese

I seem to spend more time in creation kit, experimenting with modding, than I do playing. When I have played, it's been like a giant sales trip, running from city to city, unloading all the loot I've been hoarding. My gf modded me a few 10,000 septim merchants, so I can finally unload some of this crap.

I did amuse myself by shouting a bandit all the way up a full flight of steps and over a wall, the other day. I...er...might have accidentally disabled the shout cooldown time that day. 0:-) If you catch a group just right, you can keep shouting them before they can fully regain their footing. It turns a ragtag gang of bandits into Cirque du Soliel, Skyrim style. I might have to put them all into jester clothes next time. It's not really playing the game, but I do enjoy the little side trips to insanity.

AJK

So, I know this is kind of sad, but I'm out of town visiting my father, and I don't have my xbox to play Skyrim on. I want to play so damn bad and I miss by stupid Wood Elf character (can you tell that I need more friends? Probably.... Oh well.)

Soooo to save myself, please share your latest adventure on Skyrim. What did you just do today or the last time you played? Whether that be fighting a dragon, leveling a skill, a quest, something stupid, slaughtering a whole town, running into a glitch, discovering a new location, finally finding something you've been looking for, etc.

Share whatever it may be. Doesn't matter. I look forward to reading!

My Khajiit character had been traveling with Kharjo as of late. He was decked out in dragonplate armor and an ebony helmet, and I in my Nightingale armor and Krosis mask. So we looked pretty badass. I decided it was time to go it alone for a while, so last night I dismissed Kharjo. I figured it would be a good time to do one of my first Dark Brotherhood contracts, which I'd received a few days prior.

I headed to Dawnstar and had fun with Beitild. I pickpocketed her key from her while she was walking to her mine, then waited for her to go to sleep, entered her house and killed her in her bed.

After that I went to Solitude to steal an amethyst from somebody for the Thieves Guild. I noticed the "Lights Out" quest was still in my journal so I decided to finish it. Put out the lighthouse fire, killed the Argonians, yada yada yada, (just watched that Seinfeld episode last night), got some loot.

My general plan for the next little bit of time is to start the Dawnguard quest, and once I finish it, to cure my Lycanthropy. I figure might as well keep the vampirism resistance while I'm fighting vampires. I'm also thinking about using Jordis as a follower for a bit, I just recently purchased Proudspire Manor.

Also, I just got my Enchanting to 100 and got the "Extra Effect" perk. So far I've made an Ebony Bow with Paralyze and Chaos Damage. I'm excited to do some necklaces and things with multiple enchantments. It will be hard to stop me then!

Atz

Hey GIG HELLO :) I rolled a new Toon >>> A Red Guard , always it was for me a Bosmer . I have found new life in the game because now I have the best of both ( One hand Baddie and still Great Bow skills , AND I don't miss being called " LIL ELF " any more . Well hope you jump back into game mode soon . Yer Friend Atz

Gigapact

Hey GIG HELLO :) I rolled a new Toon >>> A Red Guard , always it was for me a Bosmer . I have found new life in the game because now I have the best of both ( One hand Baddie and still Great Bow skills , AND I don't miss being called " LIL ELF " any more . Well hope you jump back into game mode soon . Yer Friend Atz

Hey! I hate being called "little elf" too, it pisses me off. I might be kinda small.... But not as small as those damned Bretons! Jerks. But I am currently sitting on my plane in the airport ready to take off, so you can bet your ass I shall be playing Skyrim tonight.

JoeReese

Hey! I hate being called "little elf" too, it pisses me off. I might be kinda small.... But not as small as those damned Bretons! Jerks. But I am currently sitting on my plane in the airport ready to take off, so you can bet your ass I shall be playing Skyrim tonight.
HEADLINE: FLIGHTS DELAYED DUE TO WEATHER. PASSENGER FORCES WAY INTO COCKPIT AND FLIES HOME TO FAVORITE VIDEO GAME....

Gigapact

HEADLINE: FLIGHTS DELAYED DUE TO WEATHER. PASSENGER FORCES WAY INTO COCKPIT AND FLIES HOME TO FAVORITE VIDEO GAME....
Ahh don't say that plops! Goddamn you Cartman! So help me god if that plane doesn't take off.

JoeReese

o_O Sooo, it's the wrong time to point out that you don't know where I am? :p In all seriousness, I'm sure you will be home with Skyrim in no time, and they'll even give you 3 1/2 peanuts and at least 1/4 oz of coke.

Gigapact

o_O Sooo, it's the wrong time to point out that you don't know where I am? :p In all seriousness, I'm sure you will be home with Skyrim in no time, and they'll even give you 3 1/2 peanuts and at least 1/4 oz of coke.
Yeah I know seriously. They're always so cheap with the food and especially the damn drinks. Cheap asses. Oh and don't worry I can find you.... Hehe.... Okay sorry that was a tad creepy, but seriously I can. I've got Kyle and Stan on my side. Kenny always dies anyhow, so you can have him :)

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
About 4 months ago, I bought Rome 2 but there was this strange feeling .... I couldn't work it out. At the end of November the PS4 appeared with a few games, but there was this strange feeling .... still couldn't work it out. A week later Gran Turismo 6 came out, but the strange feeling was still there, it was affecting my gaming, I couldn't play properly, my patience was too short. Today I got an email that said someone had responded to a thread I was watching on here and another with an invite to TESO beta testing. I opened my browser and came here and the first thread I look at, this one, has provided the answer .... I'm having Skyrim withdrawal and all I need to do is to head on over to Winking Skeever for a jar of mead and I'll be fine again. I feel much better now :)

Gigapact

Well... I AM FINALLY HOME!!!! Will be playing very soon! Thank you all for your stories! Feel free to share more if you'd like though :D

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Aravis, my female Dark Elf likes to dress in tavern clothes which she looted off a dead bandit and try and seduce anybody who needs a little convincing....doesn't usually work, but it's the thought that counts.;)