• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
    "My plan? I have one lockpick, and the chest with my stuff is right there. Once i get to it, i am out of here. Any of you can use lockpicks?" Harrold was unstoppable once he had Heartsbane, but of course it was not that easy to get to the blade.

Tyrone

"Can you expect to beat the entire Solitude Guard? What if your lockpick breaks?" Vextus would ask the man. "Causing a scene would get us all killed. A more cautious approach should be taken, a more deceptive one" he would say.

blue 468

Caius watched as the two talked back and forth planning a way to escape. He was always ready to escape but he wasn't sure if he would survive this one.

Tyrone

"You mean to battle the entire Solitude Guard, I simply mean to knock out one." Vextus would reply in a serious tone.

Tyrone

"Yes, but what of us, do you actually assume your plan will not put us in danger? Once the guards find out you're gone, they'll search our cells. I'll be a dead man."

Star Gazer

Isnar had heard the entire conversation through the small window. There were about three feet of concrete between them. If they really think arguing will get them out of this mess, they will never be free. None of them even have a weapon or any way to get out of their bindings. Neither do... I do... Isnar thought. He remembered his shiv that he always has in the back pocket of his ragged trousers. Isnar positioned himself correctly and leaned over. The small blade poked out of his pocket. The old man put his ropes up against the small, home-made knife and after much rubbing and cutting, Isnar was free. This rope could be useful once I get free. I don't know if I should save these guys though. For all I know, they could be in here for murder of the highest degree. OK, I won't. There is no way I will be the one to set murderers into the town. Pretend you are dying. Since you are old and feeble, the guards won't expect anything. Isnar thought. He sat himself up with his one arm, and pulled out his shiv. "Guards! I think something's wrong! My chest hurts and I can't breathe right! It feels like an elephant is sitting on me!" Isnar called. Faking a collapsed lung will be the perfect way to make the guards open the doors. Isnar took his shiv and made a gash in his arm. He brought it up to his lips and stored blood in his mouth. A guard and a man in a grey coat came into the cell. "Check 'em out doc. He's old, so be gentle with him. We still need to interrogate." "What's the problem?" The doctor asked. Isnar spit out the blood with great force, splattering over the doctor's face. The guard thought the old man was dying, but this was all part of Isnar's plan. They still think my arm is bound. While doctor is blinded by the blood, attempt jab with shiv. Guard will unsheath sword, but he will be too late. I will have already slashed at his arms. Time slowed. The blood went into the doctor's eyes, and he was knocked back. Isnar pulled his shiv and jabbed at the man. It was a clean stab to the chest. The doctor fell to the ground, motionless while the guard unsheathed his sword. Isnar had cut his arms before the guard had a time to strike. Neutralize vocal cords, eliminating the ability to call for help. Thought Isnar, as he threw a punch into the guard's neck. He tried to scream, but the man's vocal cords were recovering from the punch. The guard is unable to scream, and he is unable to move his arms, from the cuts and possible sliced tendon. Now would be the perfect time to use that rope. Thought the old man. The guard's arms were at his side, and he was on his knees. Isnar wrapped the man in the rope, and tied him to the bars of the window. Isnar pulled off one of his socks and jammed it in the guard's mouth, so he wouldn't be able to talk when his throat healed. Isnar checked the man's pockets for the keys, they were in his satchel. Isnar unlocked the door and sneaked out of the cell. He looked down the hall and saw many cells that were holding prisoners. Isnar looked into a cage and saw an athletic imperial. The old man felt sorry for leaving the prisoners there. I'll give them a chance. Thought Isnar. He tossed the imperial his shiv, saying "Use it well. Meet me in the local bar when you are free. Here's the key. Free the rest of the prisoners when you get out. There is no time, I must go." Isnar said, walking down the hallway, and eventually finding the exit. He was in the castle dour now. The old man peeked around the corner and saw a group of guards running towards his location. Isnar crouched in the shadows, allowing the guards to pass. Isnar walked out once all the guards were into the prison. The old man walked out the door, but not without taking a cloak off the coat-rack, that stood next to the door. Isnar wrapped the black cloak around him, and pulled the hood over his head. Finally, the old man was free. Guess I should wait at the bar for the rest of the prisoners. Isnar thought, entering the Winking Skeever.

Harrold nodded to the old man. With the shiv, he cut the ropes on his hands, and then opened the cell door. He opened everyone else's as well, except the one with the guard. Another key opened the evidence chest where Harrold's blade was stored. Heartsbane was shimmering in the dim light of the dungeons. The doctor still gurgled something, so Harrold silenced the poor man with one quick slice. He heard footsteps, and decided he had to leave. To the inn, he was headed as he left Castle Dour.

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
    Bolmag nodded at the Imperial as he freed him out of his jail cell with respect. He fished his bow out of the evidence chest, plus his set of steel arrows. The Orc put on the burgundy raiment he was arrested in, as his fur armor was left in his house, no doubt seized by the authorities by now. He kept his head down as he snuck past Captain Aldis training the guards, and once he was out of their line of sight he rushed down to the Winking Skeever, as the old man had instructed.

Tyrone

Vextus would smirk as the man freed him. He would follow the prisoners to the Winking Skeever, reminding himself of what the old man had said.

Star Gazer

Isnar saw the group of prisoners walk into the bar. "Hello friends! Glad you could make it. The guards will probably be on our hides for the next few days. I say we just lay low until they focus on something else. As long as you guys aren't murderers, you can stay with me. I know how to fly under the radar." Isnar concluded. A pack of guards walked into the bar. Isnar immediately pulled his hood over his head. The guards put up three signs, drawings of the escaped prisoners. The writing was an ugly purple color, maybe a mixture of herbs that can be mashed into paints. The note read:
    Escaped Prisoners
    Prisoners consist of: A burly orc, three imperial men, and an old, one-armed breton. If anyone finds these men, or find traces of any suspicious activity, report a Solitude guard immediately.
    Men and women filed around the posters. When the civilians saw the posters, they looked around the room. Isnar ducked to one side, to hide his missing limb. They couldn't see his head because of the cloak. He motioned for the rest of the group to sit down and hide their heads. If they were found, they would surely be killed on sight.

Harrold had prepared for this. His hair had been cut to a third of the original length, and a scrawny beard had formed on his cheeks. He knew it would draw attention if they sat there with their hoods on, so he stood up and walked over to the pamphlet. "Wow, 5000 septims... I could buy a nice house with that. I sure don't see 'em here. I'm going to look in the city!" His plan had worked, and all the other searchers left with Harrold. Five minutes later he appeared again, grinning. Those bounty hunters were gone for now...

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
    Bolmag chuckled at the Imperial's creativity. "Nice idea there. Now how're we gonna get out?" he said, looking around for any exits other than the front door. He realized that news of escaped prisoners usually doesn't stay true to one hold like most crimes do, so he ruled out any of the holds. The Orc took a moment to think about their options.

Harrold replied. "Any holds are not an option. Maybe an Orc stronghold?" With an orc in their party, they should be admitted and Orcs had different laws than men.

Star Gazer

Isnar was amused that all the people had upped and left. "Orcish stronghold? I don't think they let anybody other than orcs inside those. I've got a small house with an underground room in Rorikstead. A place like that will not get any bounty posters, but the legion usually rides through there once a week." Isnar said. Isnar has had bad experiences with orcish strongholds, mostly just the orcish women hitting on him in his younger years, but what could be worse than that?

blue 468

Caius hid his head under his cloak along with the others and said"I never really liked orc stongholds. No offence" he said looking at the orc. He had a lot a bad memories in high rock when he was younger.

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
    Balmog nodded. "Good idea. My brother actually lives in Mor Khazgur, and might be able to help us." He turned his head towards the Imperial that was addressing him. "None taken. You don't need to worry about anything like that: the Chief there trusts our family deeply. I'll put in a good word."

Tyrone

Vextus would scoff at the idea of living in a stronghold for the rest of his life. He remained quiet for the conversation but spoke his thoughts upon hearing the idea of living in an orc stronghold, "Perhaps the Breton's idea is more... suitable. Surely one of the orcs would tattle."

Star Gazer

"The man is right. Although the orcs are formidable warriors, they dislike sharing with non-orcs, and if we bring trouble to their stronghold, they will surely give us away. Come, we need to get out of Solitude quietly." Said the old man, opening the door and pulling a wrinkly finger up to his lips, signaling them to be quiet.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts