• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hershangames

Pretty much what the title says, how is stealth gameplay in ESO?

In all of my games I try to play as stealthy as possible, I just love killing someone without anyone realizing it(yeah, I love AC). So I was wondering how is the stealth gameplay in ESO, because I'm planning on buying it, but if stealth sucks I'm seriously going to reconsider it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Balomew

Ah, a fellow rogue! I bought ESO a few months ago but haven't had much time to play it. When I did, I've played as a nightblade Bosmer (ranger) or Khajiit (melee). The answer to your question relies on your preferences. I personally enjoy being a nightblade in ESO, though it can be difficult to sneak around in certain areas. It also depends on how much you like MMOs. I don't play a lot of MMOs, so I usually go solo, which is both good because I get more kills and have more time to get the angle I want, but also more difficult in areas with a lot of enemies.

Your weapon type also matters significantly, in my opinion at least. Going melee isn't as difficult as you'd think, as you already have a weapon to block attacks with instead of having to deal with the bow draw time. But being an archer can be just as rewarding in the right hands. Bows can do a lot of damage and I've heard a lot of good about them from users playing other classes.

So it's really up to you. Don't go on just my word: ask around more, watch videos, etc. I haven't played AC much (it really doesn't like my computer), so I can't compare the stealth mechanics between the two games.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Stealth is excellent in PvP. Sometimes a battle is too hectic so I move away along the route from the nearest enemy respawn point, stealth up and wait for them to pass. Always take the last one if there's a few. If you show as detected it could mean there is an npc close by, or an enemy nightblade who is invisible.

hershangames

Thank you too! And by the way, are any other stealth classes aside from Nightblade?

ZeroDragon

The nightblade has the bonuses best for stealth but be careful of the sorcerers and their familiars, the familiars will find you. Any of the other classes can use stealth. But just the nightblade has the bonuses.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

hershangames

I see. And if I'm correct, a night blade is a stealth guy(let's call it rogue, it seems more fitting) that uses spells, right?
Might be useful, but it doesn't seem particularly useful for, let's say an archer, or a hunter.

ZeroDragon

An MMO purist, of which I am not, would be very specific about what race, class and role go together to make the perfect character or team. In reality any race can play any class in any role. If the little buffs make a difference it is usually balanced out by the player and their choices in a duel/battle. FOr example, my Nord Dragonknight has a perk for two handed weapons, yet I still prefer dual wielding.

The likeliest roles are something like:
  • Melee Damage Dealer – Dragonknight, Nightblade, Templar
  • Ranged Damage Dealer – Nightblade (with bow) or Sorcerer (with staff)
  • Tank – Dragonknight or Templar
  • Healer – Templar
  • Rogue – Nightblade
  • Summoner – Sorcerer

Balomew

Nightblades do have a focus on magical attacks, but not as much as you'd think - they don't rely on magic, it's mostly melee or ranged (archery). More magic makes magical attacks (most attacks rely on stamina) stronger. Bosmer are more talented with archery, and Khajiit are more talented with melee, but it doesn't really matter what race you choose. Though the other classes can sneak, only nightblades can return to sneak mode during combat - a very efficient trick. ZeroDragon explained the classes well.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
I love being a stealthy ass muhfluffa too. I love those dudes that just do backflips and disappear into the shadows 'n plops ya feel me?

It is pretty good being a nightblade but I'm not that good at PvP lol. It's easy to stun and trap your enemies with many of the abilities as a nightblade, and if you become a vampire you can get this trait for a skill point called "dark stalker" that allows you go move faster while sneaking. Yeah I love my stealth build, I just wish I could do better in PvP lol.

hershangames

Thanks all of you for the info. Well, seems like stealth isn't that bad at all.
I'll have to make an effort when I finally play it though, I've never played night blade.

hershangames

PC. I may have to upgrade the graphic card but, if not I'd have to buy either Xbox one or PS4.

Balomew

If you'd like, we can share usernames (in PM, I'm leery of sharing mine in public in case some troll decides to screw things up for me, even on the Forums) as fellow newbies (I haven't played as much as I ought to).

ZeroDragon

If you go the ps4 route, give me a shout. It took a few levels for me to get into it, and I know of some people who haven't made it past level 5, but it's well worth carrying on.

hershangames

If you'd like, we can share usernames (in PM, I'm leery of sharing mine in public in case some troll decides to screw things up for me, even on the Forums) as fellow newbies (I haven't played as much as I ought to).
Sure, that'd be great! Oh, and just so you know (although I don't quite know how the servers work) I'd probably be in Europe. But it could take me some time, mainly due to the price.

And, sorry Zero Dragon, but unless I enter a Games store and see a PS4 which includes ESO, I'm not going PS4 route.

ZeroDragon

I wouldn't buy a PS4 just for it. If I knew more people playing it on pc I would have gone that route.

But only last week I was thinking my pc is due an upgrade or two.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts