• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
How can I ever get anything done. As I was coming back to the Imperial City last night I kept passing ruin, after ruin, after cave, after ruin, after fort, after burnt out building, after village, etc...

I kept wanting to stop and explore everything but knew I couldn't. I was already almost overencumbered from what I was carrying.

Now I want to go back the same route so I can do some exploring, but, if I do that I'll never get to my next destination.

It just seems like Oblivion has somewhere to adventure and something to explore absolutely everywhere, where as, in Skyrim things are, frankly, few and far between.

Thoughts?

Well it kind of does make sense considering that Cyrodiil has been the seat of three empires, an entire race of elves that built the White-Gold Tower and the city around it as well as the vast number of cities that they once inhabited, the battleground for countless wars over political, expansionist, cultural reasons and once for the fate of an entire race of men and entire race of elves. All this by the time you arrive there, and compare it to Skyrim. A region of tundra, the largest mountains in the world, arctic wasteland, and sprawling underground chasms. Skyrim has had its fair share of wars and extinctions but very few structures or locations survive the harsh climate or are lost to history. Unlike the the War with the Alyieds, the Nords committed mass genocide and utterly destroyed almost all traces of Snow Elf Civilization as best they could, and the Dwemer were a subterranean race that had surface entrances that were purposely located few and far in between. It is not at all surprising and you can't forget that Cyrodiil is just coming out of the golden age of the Septim Dynasty, while in Skyrim, people are still recovering from a 'World War' that they lost and from the Red Mountain erupting and the Oblivion Crisis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just do one thing at a time and take my time, there is a lot to explore. I only went into ruins or caves if I needed money. I tended to concentrate on the quests when I was first starting out. Especially the main quest. I just had to get it done and out of the way.

JoeReese

Only thing I've found helpful is that if I have to choose between a quest destination and a new place, I'll take the new place because the quest log won't let me forget (or lose) the destination.

Daelon DuLac

Only thing I've found helpful is that if I have to choose between a quest destination and a new place, I'll take the new place because the quest log won't let me forget (or lose) the destination.
I've gotten to the point where I just do whatever comes along on my mage (currently I'm traveling between cities getting recommendations) including just exploring the random ruin, cave or fort if it appears on my bar, but I have created a 2nd character who only does the quests in order (starting with the main), no exploring, nothing. Both are fun. Of course I spend more time on the mage though. :)

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
See, I feel Skyrim has more. Oblivion is big, but a little dissapointingly empty. The roads have a lot of ruins, but the wilderness itself is fairly empty, while Skyrim has a bit more of everything; vegetation, enemies and ruins.

Daelon DuLac

See, I feel Skyrim has more. Oblivion is big, but a little dissapointingly empty. The roads have a lot of ruins, but the wilderness itself is fairly empty, while Skyrim has a bit more of everything; vegetation, enemies and ruins.
I do agree with you. Frankly, Oblivion is just jam packed with places to explore and quests and side-quests, while Skyrim doesn't have that, but I find that Skyrim exploration and quests each have a unique flavor, whereas in Oblivion, it tends to get a bit repetetive. The ruins are all basically the same design, the caves all pretty much look alike and the forts seem to be of the same design. But, in both, ya never know what you're going to find inside!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts