• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Galthor

So I didn't get any of the letters, but I still was able to build a house. I have one child already off the streets but I want one from the orphanage. But when I go there I can't beacuase that old hag won't let anyone adopt. Also, if I kill her the assistant runs around screaming "I yield, I yield!"
What do I do???

Karen

boop.
You must kill Grelod in order to adopt from the orphanage - Constance Michel (the assistant) will take over when she's dead and she will let you adopt children if you are qualified, but I believe you have to wait a while before she calms down from the shock of witnessing you kill Grelod, so try coming back in a bit and see if she will talk to you.

There is a bug though, and sometimes she will not stop panicking after you kill Grelod. I believe you have to complete the Innocence Lost quest with Aventus Aretino in order to fix it.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
You must kill Grelod in order to adopt from the orphanage - Constance Michel (the assistant) will take over when she's dead and she will let you adopt children if you are qualified, but I believe you have to wait a while before she calms down from the shock of witnessing you kill Grelod, so try coming back in a bit and see if she will talk to you.

There is a bug though, and sometimes she will not stop panicking after you kill Grelod. I believe you have to complete the Innocence Lost quest with Aventus Aretino in order to fix it.
True. She actually just panicked for about 10 seconds and then went back to business when I did it (of course I was doing the Aventus thing). The kids really seemed to luv it though.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
So I didn't get any of the letters, but I still was able to build a house. I have one child already off the streets but I want one from the orphanage. But when I go there I can't beacuase that old hag won't let anyone adopt. Also, if I kill her the assistant runs around screaming "I yield, I yield!"
What do I do???
Which kid did you adopt? Looking back I would have taken the little girl (Lucia) from Whiterun and the little boy from Dawnstar that's doing the running. Either that or the kid from Windhelm who's parent's got killed. I luv my Hroar, but still. I've got plenty of room and my Ysolda, so I should be able to adopt 8 kids! And they each could have their own seperate beds. Let the stewards, house-carls and bards sleep on the floor...

TheGreenMage12201

Yeah, I think the only way to adopt from the orphanage without Constance being bugged is to complete the Aventus quest. On my noble warrior character, I just said that the world better without Grelod and then I destroyed the Dark Brotherhood.

TheGreenMage12201

Well, if you're on PC, you can either resurrect her or spawn a new Constance to adopt from the Orphanage.

I_amYeeter1

What if we killed Constance Michel? I thought it was also required, but I guess I was wrong.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts