• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Docta Corvina

So, I was curious to see what came up when I Googled my Kathodos fic because I've got it posted in several places. And I'm thinking of limiting it to one or two. I wanted to see what the hits returned. And, I was STUNNED. Stunned to find that someone had literally copied my work, in its current entirety, and posted it on an e-book site. I don't think they made any money off of it and I have since reported it, but it happened. And I'm seriously mad as hell.

Now, I haven't looked all the way through this person's site to see everything they've copied and published as their own. But I can say that "Songs of the Dead" by Khasrin was another that got the plagiarism treatment.

I guess this is really just meant to be a "heads-up" moment for all of us writers here. Our stuff isn't ever truly safe online, I suppose, but being aware of crap like this and holding people accountable are always good steps to take, regardless.

Just, why?

A.Auditore

maybe...

A.Auditore

maybe...
Has the site written you back saying anything? >_> <_<

Docta Corvina

Not so far. And that's the thing about this site...I couldn't even find a contact email anywhere, even on their "support" page. I had to make an account to flag this story, and I haven't heard anything since the flagging I did this afternoon. It could be that they are reviewing it and have sent the person an order to take it down and the person hasn't responded. But I have no idea.

If I continue to hear nothing, I'm going to get in contact with the APIC and see what needs to happen next.

A.Auditore

maybe...
we could always go on a rampage... ill drive to OK its like a 16 hour drive from Az...

Docta Corvina

Ha! You are only a couple states away, huh? xD

But yeah, I just...I'm dumbfounded. I guess I shouldn't be totally surprised, it is the Internets after all. But...SERIOUSLY?!

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
That's pretty low. Plagiarism is just a plopsty thing to do. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of this and sort it all out.

You definitely have to be careful with the internet. There's no doubt someone's writing is at risk of being stolen when so easily accessible, and it's a very good thing you decided to google your fic so you could discover this stolen copy of it. If you're afraid you may be plagiarized from, or even if you aren't, it's a good idea to try to keep track of all the places you've shared your work and keep up to date on any suspicious copies of it.

Bottom line: plagiarism is for losers, so keep track of your plops.

Is there a place on this forum for fan fix cause I love writing an I have been thinking of writing fan fic for my character Erathorn te battle mage/bandit hunter

Aren Direfrost... Witchhunter

A.Auditore

maybe...
Ha! You are only a couple states away, huh? xD

But yeah, I just...I'm dumbfounded. I guess I shouldn't be totally surprised, it is the Internets after all. But...SERIOUSLY?!

Ummm yeppers only few states over my precious Docta :D

A.Auditore

maybe...
yay!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts