• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
Gandolf can you provide a link of a decent map of Arda? I can't seem to find one that people don't debate it's accuracy. Preferably one that labels Middle Earth so I can get my bearings.

There are many maps of Arda and some of them are accurate at diffrent points time time. Most of the world went through big changes during the first Ages. But I'd say this is a pretty decent one for somone who are just intressted in the general overwiev of it all.
A_Map_of_Middle-earth_and_the_Undying_Lands_color.jpg

Stalker

That's a good one thanks, printed it out. Since I watched the Hobbit I've been getting more into LOTRs lore. I've read that the Easterlings came from Rhun, east of Mordor, is that on a different continent?

Gandalf The Boss

That's a good one thanks, printed it out. Since I watched the Hobbit I've been getting more into LOTRs lore. I've read that the Easterlings came from Rhun, east of Mordor, is that on a different continent?

Its north east of Mordor. You can see it on the map. The Easterlings are just like any other man. Most men came from Gondor or around those parts and travled to other places.

Stalker

Its north east of Mordor. You can see it on the map. The Easterlings are just like any other man. Most men came from Gondor or around those parts and travled to other places.

Ahh now I see it thanks!

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
What is your level in Skyrim?

Does Jon Snow know anything?

Are you in to Elven women?

Gandalf The Boss

What is your level in Skyrim?

Does Jon Snow know anything?

Are you in to Elven women?

1. 105
2. He knows that he knows nothing.
3. I have no sexual desires what so ever. I'm a spirit

Gandalf The Boss

Ive never even heard of The Undying Lands. Do they feature in any of JR Tolkien's books? I know he wrote a lot of books but unfortunately his writing annoys me (I know, I'm a horrible person). I love the whole concept and the fact that he made an entire world though...

The Undying Lands are the "mortals" name for Valinor which is the western continent where all the Ainur and the Elders (First Elves) live. Elves go there and live forever. When a Human dies his soul also goes there. To a place called Hall of Mandos. Human souls move on while the Elves stay for eternity.

Ive never even heard of The Undying Lands. Do they feature in any of JR Tolkien's books? I know he wrote a lot of books but unfortunately his writing annoys me (I know, I'm a horrible person). I love the whole concept and the fact that he made an entire world though...

The Undying Lands are the "mortals" name for Valinor which is the western continent where all the Ainur and the Elders (First Elves) live. Elves go there and live forever. When a Human dies his soul also goes there. To a place called Hall of Mandos. Human souls move on while the Elves stay for eternity.

So could you in a sense say that elves live for ever to protect the souls of man? Or is that a little to far fetched?

Gandalf The Boss

Were you and Saruman once lovers?
Do you still love him?

04_Wizards.jpg

As shown in picture: Proof or Hoax/Photoshop?

For thousands and thousands of years I considered Saruman my closest friend. We did "love" one another but not in the way mortals love. We don't have the "sexual" feelings as most mortals have. However we still feel compasion and respect for others. Saruman and I had a very very long friendship. But when we came to Middle Earth he changed. He was never intressted in saving Middle Earth. Most Maia wheren't Middle Earth had already (almost) been destroyed in the First Age. And the arrogance of the Mortals who lived there was wide known. I did however have a lot of faith in them. While Saruman did not. Even though he was misguided in the end, I did love him.

Gandalf The Boss

So could you in a sense say that elves live for ever to protect the souls of man? Or is that a little to far fetched?

Its a little bit far fetched. But it is a very nice thought. The Hall of Mandos is however already guarded and protected by Mandos himself who is one of the Valar. The Hall of Mandos is sort of like the old Nordic term "Valhalla". Elves go in and Humans rest there for a while until they go somewhere else. Where that is? Not even I know. Some think they go to the Timeless Halls (Heaven) where The One resides, Ilûvatar.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I have heard people theorize that Gandalf could have been a match for Sauron. Is there any substance behind this assertion?

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
There are 5 Istari. You, Saruman, Radagast, Alatar, and Pallando. What did the other two find when they traveled to the east?

Also, do you shampoo your beard? If so, what brand?

Does Elrond poop? I feel like Elrond is the kind of being that doesn't poop. Galadriel, we know, doesn't poop.

(I love this thread. I'm a huge LOTR nerd and this is awesome. I post over on TheOneRing.com sometimes. http://forums.theonering.com/)

Gandalf The Boss

I have heard people theorize that Gandalf could have been a match for Sauron. Is there any substance behind this assertion?

There is a lot of substance to this theory. As I have said before. Sauron was a Maia. So am I.
But still. Sauron was a lot more powerfull than me. Much as Melkor was the strongest of the Valar. Sauron was the strongest of the Maia.
This will always be up for discussion and I honestly am not sure what would happened if I fought Sauron one on one. Manwë did however not let us come to Middle Earth with all of our initial powers. Our mission was never meant to defeat Sauron ourselves.

Gandalf The Boss

There are 5 Istari. You, Saruman, Radagast, Alatar, and Pallando. What did the other two find when they traveled to the east?

Also, do you shampoo your beard? If so, what brand?

Does Elrond poop? I feel like Elrond is the kind of being that doesn't poop. Galadriel, we know, doesn't poop.

(I love this thread. I'm a huge LOTR nerd and this is awesome. I post over on TheOneRing.com sometimes. http://forums.theonering.com/)

No one knows what really happened with Altar and Pallando when they traveled east. Maybe they got killed? Maybe they turned to a darker path. Saruman was the last of us who saw them. He might even been the one who made them dissapear. If they did die, I hope that their spirits found their way back to Valinor.
I do not shampoo my beard. Did you see my beard back before my resurection? Yea mate. No shampoo in site. And this beard is not as long. A good regular wash does the trick.
I have never actually seen Elrond poop. This might be one of the biggest mysteries in our time.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
What do you think of Tom Bombadil?
How is he really?

Gandalf The Boss

What do you think of Tom Bombadil?
How is he really?

Old Bombadil? Oh. I can't say. That would be to easy. He is diffrent to all of us. Maybe he is your funny uncle? Or that crazy homeless man living down the street? Maybe the President? Maybe God? Or even Tolkien himself? No one knows. I'm not even sure he knows.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts