• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
In your un-bias opinion, who are the better weapon/armor smiths, elves or dwarves (or any others that may come close)?

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
In your un-bias opinion, who are the better weapon/armor smiths, elves or dwarves (or any others that may come close)?
Its really a question of what sort of thing you need. For example:
If I had an army I would have their armor and swords made from Dwarven smiths. Why? Because the way the dwarven smiths work is that they put quality above finess and elegance.
While lets say that I want a set of armor and a sword for a close friend I would probably go with and elven smith due to the more beautifull and elegant style that they work with.
Its a really difficult question. But in the end its all about taste.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
*dosent know if this is active*
1. If you spent so long preparing for the war of the ring, why not save up for some Oliphaunts?
2. Which would you say is more powerful (or valuable), a Silmaril or the ruling ring?
3. Carrying on from the second question, are Silmarils in any way useful, or are they just for looking sparkly?
4. Did it ever cross your mind to form a truce with the Balrog when you fell into the abyss?
5. As a spirit/ wizard, do you have to eat?
6. Sauron vs Radaghast (+bunnies). Your call.

If the OP is absent and anyone else finds this thread, feel free to answer.

Gandalf The Boss

*dosent know if this is active*
1. If you spent so long preparing for the war of the ring, why not save up for some Oliphaunts?
2. Which would you say is more powerful (or valuable), a Silmaril or the ruling ring?
3. Carrying on from the second question, are Silmarils in any way useful, or are they just for looking sparkly?
4. Did it ever cross your mind to form a truce with the Balrog when you fell into the abyss?
5. As a spirit/ wizard, do you have to eat?
6. Sauron vs Radaghast (+bunnies). Your call.

If the OP is absent and anyone else finds this thread, feel free to answer.

1. We never really "prepared" for the war of the ring. We where not even certain that there would be another war. Our job was to keep the peace. Not prepare for war.. We sort of fail that mission.. So yeah...

2. Its both a hard and an easy question. The One Ring was only powerful and valuable really to one being, Sauron. But the Silmarils didn't actually have any power of its own. The power in the jewels were from what was inside them.
The Light of the Two Trees. Now the Light is a very powerful force. It did put Morgoth to sleep and some other things. And when the Trees where destroyed, the Silmarils was the only source left of the Light. Which in theory would make it possible to recreate the Two Trees. So in both power and value. I would say that the Silmaril is the better one. WITH THE LIGHT.

3. As I said before. The gems in themselves didn't possess and sort of magic. It was the Light that gave them its strength.

4. A Balrog is not something that can be reasoned with. It has a mind twisted for over thousands of years of evil and darkness. Its and animal. It would have been easier to talk Sauron into throwing the Ring into Mount Doom himself.

5. I do have to eat. I also love food. My spirit may be immortal but my physical body is the same as yours.

6. Oh please. Rhosgobel Rabbits would wreck the plops out of Sauron.. I mean... They are Rhosgobel Rabbits!!

hershangames

*doesn't know if this is still active*
-Do you think there will be another film about the middle earth?
-why didn't those gods give you the mission of defeating Sauron and instead made you go through the pain of helping men so it?
-if your staff breaks, do your powers banish?
-why is mankind so overvalued in middle earth?
-if dwarfs are so strong and have such great weapons, how come their minds go down so easily?
-if Sauron is the same as you and Saruman, was he also sent by the gods with some mission?
-if Mordor has always been home to evil creatures, why don't Gondor and the elven realms destroy it?
-whatvgood is Gondor's army if their leaders keep getting g defeated?
-what good are Sauron's 9 minions if a Hobbit and a woman without any training whatsoever can kill one?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Gandalf The Boss

*doesn't know if this is still active*
-Do you think there will be another film about the middle earth?
-why didn't those gods give you the mission of defeating Sauron and instead made you go through the pain of helping men so it?
-if your staff breaks, do your powers banish?
-why is mankind so overvalued in middle earth?
-if dwarfs are so strong and have such great weapons, how come their minds go down so easily?
-if Sauron is the same as you and Saruman, was he also sent by the gods with some mission?
-if Mordor has always been home to evil creatures, why don't Gondor and the elven realms destroy it?
-whatvgood is Gondor's army if their leaders keep getting g defeated?
-what good are Sauron's 9 minions if a Hobbit and a woman without any training whatsoever can kill one?

There is always hope that I will be here. Just a fools hope.

1. I do not think so. But I honestly don't know. Maybe in 20ish years when the Tolkien Estate have given up more of their licenses. At this time they have said that they will do no such thing. But we never know what the future holds.

2. If you cheat on a test. Do you really learn anything? The Valar have always been about compassion and understanding. Not about destroying of conquering even the most evil of beings. My mission was always to help the people of Middle Earth to prepare against the coming of Sauron. Because they need to be able to even without my help stand against these sorts of powers.

3. My staff is my tool. My staff itself does not hold any significant power by itself. Its more of a conduit of my own powers. It channels them. (It was never broken in the Books. Just in the movies for some reason I don't understand).

4. Because they all knew that mankind would be the race that would take over. And the race of man have on many occasions surprised even the most old and wise. They even tried to attack the realm of Valinor. This was however a very short battle as the Gods react their fleets and basically brought their whole Kingdom under water. So that was that. But Mankind have always been the center of many peoples minds.

5. Because dwarfs have the most dangerous instinct in all of the World. Greed. Dwarfs are more greedy than any of the other races. They dig and mine for all their lives looking for riches. Their bodies might be strong but their minds are very broken.

6. At some point in time I would say that Sauron was the same as me and the rest of the Istari (Saruman, Radaghast, and so on). We all come from the same type of spirit. The Maia they are called. But to answer this question we need to go deeper into the details of the First Era of the world. Because the Biggest evil in the world have never been Sauron. No no. Morgoth was his name. And we was one of the Valar. The Gods. Now there is some sort of hierarchy in the world of spirits and Gods. At the top. We have the One, Erü. Creator of all. And under Him we have the Ainur. The Gods of the Universe. They cannot interfere or walk the earth of Arda (Where Middle Earth is at). And under them we have the Valar. They were once Ainur but wanted to walk on Arda. So they gave up some of their power and are now called the Valar. Under them are the spirits. Like the Maia. So. When the first great wars started. Morgoth called for aid among the Maia. One of those were Sauron. Sauron showed very early his greed and hunger for power and ambition. Morgoth made him his Lieutenant.
And so after many many years of fighting. Morgoth was captured and imprisoned. So Sauron took up his Masters role and some of his powers. And became the new Dark Lord. And then of course he made the Ring which made him even more powerful. So yes. One of the Gods gave him a Mission. The God was Morgoth. And the mission was of evil.

7. Mordor is a dead country. Except for the southern parts. I will quote Boromir on this: "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." And ofcourse. There is a volcano. How does one destroy a volcano? I certainly do not know.

8. Well an army can't function without a good leader that is true. The events in The Lord of the Rings are however a very small chapter of the world. And the Leaders of Men have for the most part been very successful and brave. Heroes for the ages.

9. The Nazgul was never really meant to be Sauron's front-line soldiers. They were meant to be his eyes and ears in the world. As well as his Generals on the battlefield. And even thought they where not able to get Frodo they did do a very good job in tracking him down all the way from the Shire to Weathertop. And the very very brave Woman you call inexperienced is a Shieldmaiden of Rohan. Eowyn have just like any man had the training of a soldier. She can fight. And she was very lucky when she went up against the Witch King. He was a bit too overconfident.

Last edited:

hershangames

Thanks for the info, and I had no idea she was a shield woman, since they kept telling her not to fight.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts