• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Israel

I finished the main quest for the Dragonborn DLC. What are your favorite places to go and favorite things to do in Solstheim that don't have to do with the main quest?

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I seriously love just hanging out in Raven Rock and doing every possible mission I can get. I love Raven Rock. :D

JClarke1953

Walking the perimeter of the island itself. You never know what you'll run into or what you'll find.

Even revisiting areas is great, collect more loot, especially if you have the bonus for the Stones of Benzariah (lots of flawless gems).

Just wish Bethesda would have had the Dragonborn do more, getting rid of the bully in the small market. There's an East Empire thing there too that sends you to Windhelm

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
There are heaps of other Quests & Miscellaneous Quests to do besides the Main Quest Line, some of which will only become available after you complete the Main Quest. Here is a list of the Quests that I have completed on Solstheim so far...

Black Books

Black Book: Filament and Filigree: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
Black Book: The Hidden Twilight: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
Black Book: The Sallow Regent: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
Black Book: Untold Legends: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
Black Book: The Winds of Change: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.

Raven Rock Quests

An Axe to Find: - Retrieve an ancient Nordic pickaxe for Glover Mallory.
Clean Sweep: - Clear the Temple Ancestral Tomb of ash spawn.
Feeding the Addiction: - Convince an innkeeper to let a drunken miner get back to the bar.
Fetch the Netch: - Obtain five samples of netch jelly for Milore Ienth.
First Edition: - Locate an important folio for Cindiri Arano.
The Final Descent: - Find out what happened to the great-grandfather of Crescius Caerellius.
It's All In The Taste: - Distribute Sadri's Sujamma to the citizens of Raven Rock.
March of the Dead: - Stop the ash spawn attacks on Raven Rock.
Paid in Full: - Recover the bonemold formula for Glover Mallory.
Pain in the Necklace: - Find East Empire pendants for Fethis Alor‎.
Recipe for Distraction: - Locate a hidden stash of Emberbrand Wine for Captain Veleth in Raven Rock.
Served Cold: - Save Councilor Morvayn from an assassination plot.

Skaal Village Quests

Convince Nikulas to stay in Skaal Village: - Counsel a young Skaal on the dangers of life as an adventurer.
Filial Bonds: - Find Wulf Wild-Blood's brother, Torkild, who may have become a werebear.
Lost Legacy: - Travel to Vahlok's Tomb and defeat Vahlok the Jailor.
A New Source of Stalhrim: - Find a blacksmith missing from Skaal Village.
Skaal Village Dialogue: - Take Bera's necklace to Runil in Falkreath.

Tel Mithryn Quests

Azra's Staffs: - Retrieve a staff made by Azra Nightwielder for Master Neloth.
Briarheart Necropsy: - Examine a Briarheart for Neloth.
Experimental Subject (A): - Help Neloth by being a test subject in his experiment.
Experimental Subject (B): - Help Neloth by being a test subject in his experiment.
From the Ashes: - Help Talvas Fathryon by killing an ash guardian.
Healing a House: - Help Elynea Mothren repair the tower of Tel Mithryn.
Heart Stones: - Find a heart stone for Neloth.
Hunting and Gathering: - Collect a rare alchemy ingredient for Elynea Mothren.
Lost Knowledge: - Retrieve the Black Books for Neloth.
A New Debt: - Help Drovas Relvi with his debt to Mogrul.
Old Friends: - Find the source of attacks on Tel Mithryn.
Reluctant Steward: - Find a new steward for Neloth in Raven Rock.
Telvanni Research: - Extract a sample from an ash spawn for Neloth's research.
Wind and Sand: - Retrieve a copy of Wind and Sand for Neloth.

Thirsk Quests

The Chief of Thirsk Hall: - Help out a Riekling Chief at Thirsk Mead Hall.
Elmus Favor Quest (berries): - Retrieve some juniper berries for Elmus.
Elmus Favor Quest (mead): - Retrieve one bottle of Ashfire Mead for Elmus.
Halbarn Favor Quest: - Find some crafting materials for Halbarn Iron-Fur.
Hilund Favor Quest: - Find fifty Riekling spears for Hilund.
Retaking Thirsk: - Help Bujold the Unworthy retake Thirsk Mead Hall.
Thirsk Rumors: - Investigate Thirsk Mead Hall and the exiled Nords.

Other Quests

Deathbrand: - Find the treasure of Haknir Death-Brand.
The Ebony Warrior: - Locate and defeat the Ebony Warrior.
Hrodulf's House: - Uncover the secret of Hrodulf's House.
The Kagrumez Gauntlet: - Survive the Kagrumez trials to claim a unique prize.
Summoning Karstaag: - Summon and defeat Karstaag.
Unearthed: - Assist Ralis Sedarys in his search for the relics of Ahzidal in Kolbjorn Barr.

Some of the quests are repeatable such as Finding Hearts Stones & finding Azra's Staffs for Neloth.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
No Worries.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Just wish Bethesda would have had the Dragonborn do more, getting rid of the bully in the small market.

You can kill Mogrul, the Orc Bully that you are referring to, only you have to make sure that the Guards don't see you & that nobody else is hit by either you, Mogrul or his Bodyguard Slither. Although you will still end up with a 40 Bounty, but the Redoran Guards don't seem to care about it.

Clau

The Fateless One
Two things I have been doing with my characters after completing most of the quests in Solstheim:

1. I decorate my Severin Manor with armor and weapons from the island.
2. Admire the free-range Bull and Betty Netch.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Two things I have been doing with my characters after completing most of the quests in Solstheim:

Do you use torches to enhance the lighting? If not I know a good way. I like to decorate Severin Manor as well. There are a bunch of good spots to lay torches.

Clau

The Fateless One

Do you use torches to enhance the lighting? If not I know a good way. I like to decorate Severin Manor as well. There are a bunch of good spots to lay torches.

Torches? You can use them? Thanks for the info. I never knew that, so thanks.

LotusEater

No problem. They lay nicely in the seams at the base of the walls.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?

I never noticed it being all that dark in Severin. Maybe I just have my contrast set differently.

LotusEater

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I never noticed it being all that dark in Severin. Maybe I just have my contrast set differently.

Damp and dreary. That's how I would describe it.
Well, yeah... but that's part of it's charm. What did you do with the bodies when you got the place? Initially I put them in the extra bedroom behind the sweet potato garden. There they lay until they eventually dissappeared a couple of weeks later.

May I ask why there are so many friggin' "baskets" in all the houses? You can't even use them! One of the first things I do in any house I purchase or furnish is to go through and get rid of all the baskets and perishable food lying about. I just don't need the clutter. :)

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
I didn't need to worry about the bodies as I used an Invisibility Potion entering the house the first time & killed the Severins later on at Ashfallow Citadel.

LotusEater

Damp and dreary. That's how I would describe it.
Well, yeah... but that's part of it's charm. What did you do with the bodies when you got the place? Initially I put them in the extra bedroom behind the sweet potato garden. There they lay until they eventually dissappeared a couple of weeks later.

May I ask why there are so many friggin' "baskets" in all the houses? You can't even use them! One of the first things I do in any house I purchase or furnish is to go through and get rid of all the baskets and perishable food lying about. I just don't need the clutter. :)

I just let em lay where they fall, they eventually disappear.

Lars Of Morrowind

I love Raven Rock so I hang around there a lot. I like getting all the small quests I can.
When I'm not there, I wander around the island. I don't like going to where it snows, though. There's enough snow in Skyrim and I'm tired of seeing it.

I love just exploring Solstheim, to me it's a lot more interesting visually than much of Skyrim is. There are plenty of quests to do, and lots of places to visit, and Werebears. Werebears!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts